All this Mario bull****

Old October 26th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default All this Mario bull****

On Oct 25, 9:49*am, "Scott H" > wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> > Could you please stop it, it's ridiculous.
> > You are killing what's left of Ramva with all your "Mario this, Mario
> > that, Mario is an ass-hat" replies in all the threads. Let it go already,
> > it's all you who keep posting these meaningless slams who look stupid.

> > I am tired of seeing Mario pulled into threads that have nothing to do
> > with him, and someone always posting the same bull**** replies to any and
> > all posts that do have something to do with him.

> > I thought we already agreed to only post a warning if he is selling
> > something here, that's all.

> > Really... each and every post you made is still here for anyone to read,
> > they don't go anywhere. They STAY here for all to read. Damn near forever.
> > You don't need to repeat the same **** every day.

> > Now shut the **** up and let this place be a VW discussion group.

> > Jan

> The "same ****" NEEDS to be repeated every single time Mario pops up.
>
> Jan, if your time on the internet has taught you one thing, that one thing
> should be that few people bother to do a search on a forum. It's far easier
> for most people to just ask the same question that's been asked over and
> over.
> Someone reading this group for the first time may see some of Mario's
> "helpful" posts that are not rebutted and be duped into doing business with
> him because they didn't bother to do a search on him.
> I, for one, do not want to see that happen given his abysmal track record..
>
> So in my opinion, at minimum, his history needs to be noted at least once in
> any thread that he posts in. Like David said, the only reason he posts here
> is that it is unmoderated and he cannot be banned from here.
> Mario was gone from RAMVA for a long time and only came back here to be
> "helpful" after he was kicked off of most of the web-based forums.
>
> We should not shut the **** up until we shut Mario the **** up.
>
> --
> Scott- Hide quoted text -

I don't think you want me to be quiet scott or you would have nothing
to whine and bitch about, have you ever helped any one out here or is
it all drival .

I'm sure everyone can believe your post about how I can build engines
out of bondo you son along have people thinking I'm bigger then life
for all the feats I can accomplish with less then a gal. of filler a
year.

come to my shop and take pictures or ar you all mouth and no balls..
so you aprove the forum name change I see
Old October 26th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

On Oct 25, 8:49*am, "Scott H" > wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message

> > Could you please stop it, it's ridiculous.
> > You are killing what's left of Ramva with all your "Mario this, Mario
> > that, Mario is an ass-hat" replies in all the threads. Let it go already,
> > it's all you who keep posting these meaningless slams who look stupid.

> > I am tired of seeing Mario pulled into threads that have nothing to do
> > with him, and someone always posting the same bull**** replies to any and
> > all posts that do have something to do with him.

> > I thought we already agreed to only post a warning if he is selling
> > something here, that's all.

> > Really... each and every post you made is still here for anyone to read,
> > they don't go anywhere. They STAY here for all to read. Damn near forever.
> > You don't need to repeat the same **** every day.

> > Now shut the **** up and let this place be a VW discussion group.

> > Jan

> The "same ****" NEEDS to be repeated every single time Mario pops up.
>
> Jan, if your time on the internet has taught you one thing, that one thing
> should be that few people bother to do a search on a forum. It's far easier
> for most people to just ask the same question that's been asked over and
> over.
> Someone reading this group for the first time may see some of Mario's
> "helpful" posts that are not rebutted and be duped into doing business with
> him because they didn't bother to do a search on him.
> I, for one, do not want to see that happen given his abysmal track record..
>
> So in my opinion, at minimum, his history needs to be noted at least once in
> any thread that he posts in. Like David said, the only reason he posts here
> is that it is unmoderated and he cannot be banned from here.
> Mario was gone from RAMVA for a long time and only came back here to be
> "helpful" after he was kicked off of most of the web-based forums.
>
> We should not shut the **** up until we shut Mario the **** up.
>
> --
> Scott

I agree with Scott but that's not a surprise, him being my brother by
another mother.

At one point, early in this game when I first got into ACVWs, I
thought this all was a misunderstanding between good people. It
happens.
As time went on, it was striking how Mario would throw some post in
somewhere, throwing a dig JohnC's way here and there. I emailed Mario
privately, suggesting he let it go and move on because it would sway
people against him, myself included. He blew it off.
Jan and others, I figure you're all reasonable and intelligent people:
I am sure that's what you'd do, should you ever have a serious
misunderstanding with somebody. You try your best to fix it, make it
right and then move on.
Not Mario - he just kept going, making fun of John never seeing his
judgment because Utah law has no jurisdiction in NC, etc.

There were several relatively minor incidents (AJ's bug, etc) that
just strengthened my opinion, this being more than just a
misunderstanding: Mario, by commission, rips certain people off. I'm
sure he does others a solid but there have been too many stories to
have it be anecdotal.

Enter Joan's story. That bug was an abortion - we all know it.
Initially, Mario said he did all the work and all rot was removed. No
bondo was present. It was /that/ close to it being a "show winner",
according to him.
After Wiz' dissection of the work, that was clearly found to be a lie.
He then flipped his script: he didnt' do the work so why were we even
bothering him. He then tried telling Wiz that he should fix it but was
likely unable. Wiz, besides being a true craftsman, he's good people.
It was foul of Mario to even suggest all the things he suggested.
You all don't know half of Joan's story but she swore some of us to
secrecy, since there was a possible legal case in the making. There
are more stores similar to hers. She was getting so tired and
frustrated of the lies, she had to take a break. The poor woman was
just in tears towards the end.

All that may be water under the bridge to you because it is history
but how would you feel if it was your bug he stole, your parts he
sold, your nine grand he took or it was you he was lying about?
Why lend him safe haven here? Not one of us here are thieves - why do
we hang out with one?

Until he makes things right with John and Joan, you'll see those
posts.
Just skip them - they are not for your benefit.
Old October 26th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
> I don't think you want me to be quiet scott or you would have nothing
>to whine and bitch about, have you ever helped any one out here or is
>it all drival .

I'm not sure what "drival" is, but one thing I'm sure of; In Mr. H's time
here he's helped more folks with their vw's on accident than you have on
purpose...

Old October 26th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Remco" > wrote in message

>Until he makes things right with John and Joan, you'll see those
>posts.
>Just skip them - they are not for your benefit.

I can't understand why folks read things they don't want to... It's not hard
to skip any thread you want, i never read the spam or crossposted threads,
and would have no problem *not* reading any thread pertaining to Mario if
that was what i wanted... I never tire of asking Mario to show us his work,
when i know he won't... having spoken with him many times over the years in
IM's it's always been obvious he's not a restoration type person, but
painter... I've also told him there's nothing wrong with that, but he still
refuses to think he's not God's brother when it comes to bodywork... but it
is obvious when he complains about cars coming in with prior damage that
wasn't fixed properly, but won't show how *HE* fixed it....(Hint: he
doesn't) show us the deer hit again Mario... but make sure there are no
close-ups or pictures of the repairs, as usual.

Old October 26th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bob Hoover

On Oct 25, 6:49*am, "Scott H" > wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
>

> The "same ****" NEEDS to be repeated every single time Mario pops up.

Nope. That's singing to the choir. You need to inform Mario's
CUSTOMERS as to the quality of his work; provide links to factual
information. We are an honorable fraternity; a band of brothers of
which he is not a part. The newbie needs to know that, and that he is
a welcome member. Mario -- and the quality of his work -- is a kind
of initiation.

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> So in my opinion, at minimum, his history needs to be noted at

least once in
> any thread that he posts in.

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. But as soon as you descend to his level, you lose by default.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Provide the links, especially to the photos. And the newscaster
clip. But do it from a position of authority.
As for his posts, the best response is none at all. He does a nice
job of inditing himself.

At the same time you need to keep in mind there are plenty of people
just like Mario. People who will be perfectly satisfied with a piece
of Bondo'd **** that they have to trailer to all the shows. This type
is only interested in the SOCIAL aspects of VW ownership... or in
selling a POS to the newbies. Getting into a shouting match with
Mario won't change that.

Finally, RAMVA is not your brother's keeper. Our responsibility ends
after providing the links. Indeed, I've found it more effective to
contact the newbie privately since doing so publicly invites a
juvenile display of profanity.

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> We should not shut the **** up until we shut Mario the **** up.

So ignore him. He has shown himself to be a sociopath that REQUIRES
your posts to PROVE he is a great craftsman of whom everyone is
jealous. Your exchanges justify his existence. To be ignored is the
worst thing that could happen to him.

If you want to waste the time, create a blog featuring his work. And
don't be surprised if other VW owners have similar tales to tell.
Newbies are easy prey for the likes of Mario and his ilk.

--Bob Hoover
Old October 27th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Default All this Mario bull****...KILL THIS THREAD PLEASE!!

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

> Kill this thread and all others that are not truly VWAC related! OK I am
> off this topic and back on REAL VW stuff.

I cleaned my carb again today. Somehow, some kinda gooey white
substance got in there and plugged up the idle jet innards. It happened
three times over the last 2 weeks.

Yesterday I finally got to replace the tank sender which has been broke
for a month now. A piece of the plastic form behind the resistive
element had broken off and the taper was caught-up in the wiring.

Could the strong gas additive I added just after the sender stopped
working have melted the plastic piece which was able to pass thru the
fuel filter and settle as goo bits in my carb?

Hmmm the color of the plastic was white also.
Old October 27th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 25, 8:33 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >
wrote:
> JUST IGNORE Mario!!!
> Yes post the truth ONCE, but don't beat the regulars or even the
> first-timers to death with it!
> AND stop goating Mario so that this thread last 100 times longer than it
> needs to! We have heard this sh#t before many times and you are really only
> making Mario more infamous. Don't be pulled down to his level, be an
> example and be a leader. Warn the first-timers ONCE and then drop it
> please!
> JUST IGNORE Mario!!! ;-)
> If the first-timers don't get warned at least once and they still get burned
> by someone then it is their fault for not doing some research!
> IGNORE Mario, and don't drive the regulars away.
>
> Kill this thread and all others that are not truly VWAC related! OK I am
> off this topic and back on REAL VW stuff.
>
> JMHO!
> later,
> (One out of many daves)
>
> "Scott H" > wrote >
>
> > The "same ****" NEEDS to be repeated every single time Mario pops up.

> > Jan, if your time on the internet has taught you one thing, that one thing
> > should be that few people bother to do a search on a forum. It's far
> > easier for most people to just ask the same question that's been asked
> > over and over.
> > Someone reading this group for the first time may see some of Mario's
> > "helpful" posts that are not rebutted and be duped into doing business
> > with him because they didn't bother to do a search on him.
> > I, for one, do not want to see that happen given his abysmal track record.

> > So in my opinion, at minimum, his history needs to be noted at least once
> > in any thread that he posts in. Like David said, the only reason he posts
> > here is that it is unmoderated and he cannot be banned from here.
> > Mario was gone from RAMVA for a long time and only came back here to be
> > "helpful" after he was kicked off of most of the web-based forums.

> > We should not shut the **** up until we shut Mario the **** up.

> > --
> > Scott

I say those those that don't like the Mario threads can stay the ****
out. I do agree that hijacking threads not pertaining to him is
getting old, but let's face it, do we really want a douche bag like
Mario spreading bad information, lies and offering his potentially
life-threatening "services" to the general public?
Old October 27th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 25, 6:20*pm, John J > wrote:

> In a part of the USA I once lived in there was the expression, "he just
> gotta die" and it became part of Law.

That's the way it is around us now.
Assholes and criminals aren't welcome here and the locals let them
know it. Bull**** just isn't tolerated.

Randy
Old October 27th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 25, 5:43*pm, Jan Andersson >
> > On Oct 24, 5:44 am, Jan Andersson >
> > wrote:
> >> Could you please stop it, it's ridiculous.
> >> You are killing what's left of Ramva with all your "Mario this, Mario
> >> that, Mario is an ass-hat" replies in all the threads. Let it go
> >> already, it's all you who keep posting these meaningless slams who look
> >> stupid.

> >> I am tired of seeing Mario pulled into threads that have nothing to do
> >> with him, and someone always posting the same bull**** replies to any
> >> and all posts that do have something to do with him.

> >> I thought we already agreed to only post a warning if he is selling
> >> something here, that's all.

> >> Really... each and every post you made is still here for anyone to read,
> >> * they don't go anywhere. They STAY here for all to read. Damn near
> >> forever. You don't need to repeat the same **** every day.

> >> Now shut the **** up and let this place be a VW discussion group.

> >> Jan

> > Sounds almost like you are sticking up for Mario.

> I have this newsgroups best interests in mind. That means keeping it on
> topic and helpful to those who need advice.
> There seems to be enough evidence against Mario for anyone to make an
> informed decision on what to think of him. I don't give a rats ass about
> * Mario, I care about this group.
>
> > Now as for as "I thought we already agreed to only post a warning if
> > he is selling something here, that's all.". *Who's "we" ? *I know I would never
> > agreed to any thing like that.

> The last time this same thing happened, we sort of took a vote and
> allowed some time for people to voice their opinion. It got out of hand
> then, like it has now, and "we" as in the majority of the readers who
> bothered to voice their opinion, agreed to these terms. One warning, and
> only if he is trying to sell. Google it up if you weren't here then. If
> you were here, you must have ignored the thread.
>
> > As far as telling everyone to "shut the **** up", *thats out of line
> > and certainly ruined any point you were trying to make.

> Then by your logic, any 'shut the **** up' replies aimed at mario, are
> equally worthless. Which is basically all the content in the replies you
> see, just worded slightly differently sometimes.
>
> What is out of line, is the anti-Mario replies. I am the elected King of
> this newsgroup, thanks to all the readers who voted me, and it has given

Now see, you're talking to an old hippie/hillbilly thats been around
for a long long
time. You deal with old hippies a tad bit differently and when you
make
blanket statements like "We all agreed" and now "I am the elected King
of
the group". We laugh and then **** all over the statements. Thats
just the
way it is.

I recall the unofficial vote by a few members. I didn't partake in
the vote
as the ruling had and has no clout or authority. Same for being
King.

Like I said, I'm just a simple old hippie or hillbilly.

Randy
Old October 28th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default Back to REAL VW stuff

"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message

> I cleaned my carb again today. Somehow, some kinda gooey white
> substance got in there and plugged up the idle jet innards. It happened
> three times over the last 2 weeks.
>
> Yesterday I finally got to replace the tank sender which has been broke
> for a month now. A piece of the plastic form behind the resistive
> element had broken off and the taper was caught-up in the wiring.
>
> Could the strong gas additive I added just after the sender stopped
> working have melted the plastic piece which was able to pass thru the
> fuel filter and settle as goo bits in my carb?
>
> Hmmm the color of the plastic was white also.

I saw this in a '74 Super Beetle where some unknown substance was poured
into the gas tank.
No fun to clean out but eventually it got cleaned out.
You might want to check the gas in the tank, blow out the lines, pump some
clean fuel through the lines and fuel pump and then clean up the carb again.

BTW what did you use as an additive that could have melted the plastic?

What is this BULLSHIT?! ChrisCoaster Driving 5 September 6th 08 08:15 PM
More Mario [email protected] VW air cooled 1 July 7th 08 08:17 PM
Mario Tricky VW air cooled 56 November 16th 07 04:43 AM
OT - Politically Correct Bullshit Dave Milne Jeep 38 October 11th 05 11:04 AM