2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed; 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ1.JPG (1/1)

Old August 18th 08, 11:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default 2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed; 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ1.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	149767
Old August 27th 08, 04:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Skip[_3_] Skip[_3_] is offline
Banned

Heheh, I still have the 1/43 model of this car I got when I was about 15...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old August 27th 08, 05:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

Hi Skip, Who made the model? Did you by any chance keep the box too, I
hope? That would make the model worth about double. I've got a few Alfas
in my collection but no TZ1 unfortunately.

max

Old August 27th 08, 01:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Skip[_3_] Skip[_3_] is offline
Banned

Solido, I believe. And I think the box is stored with a bunch of other
boxes, the car is on display in a case with other 1/43 and 1/18 cars.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
ng.com...

Old August 27th 08, 08:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

San Diegan Nadeene Brengle was an SCCA racer who led the
national-championship run-off race at RIR in her TZ until a competitor
ran her off the road. I think she might have won if not for the "rough
driving" of the eventual victor. "That's racing", she said.

--
Frank ess

Old August 28th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Max Magister

Hi Skip, Keeping those boxes is a real bugger but if you ever want to get
rid of the model later you'll be glad you did. I have a great deal of
trouble finding space for 1600 empty boxes but I guess that one of these
days my heirs will get to sell the collection on Ebay.

max

Old August 31st 08, 02:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Skip[_3_] Skip[_3_] is offline
Banned

I actually have them stored in a hard camera case that is no longer used. I
don't have nearly the 1600 you have, maybe 30-40, so it's not the storage
nightmare you must have! Do you ever worry about some rodent deciding that
all that cardboard would make a wonderful nest? ;-)

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm
g.com...

Old August 31st 08, 07:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

My collection amounts to about as many total as max mentions, but only
about a hundred or so are on out-of-box display. The empty boxes are
catalogued just as if they were valued items, like the models
themselves. Almost all of the boxes, empty and occupied, are in those
six-dollar plastic "crates" from Costco, so it's not likely there will
be a rodent problem. I do have some paper items (race programs,
results sheets, that kind of thing) that have suffered from something
that can get in the cabinets and eat; silverfish, I think.

I haven't made a model-collection-related purchase in many months, and
I routinely delete the emails from purveyors. Could be I've reached my
limit. Nevertheless, I still like to look at the ones I've acquired. I
remember being mystified by my father's behavior when I'd see him with
his loupe, hour after hour, inspecting the coins in his magnificent
collection. Now I'm understanding it a bit better.

--
Frank ess

We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodley do
What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must,
Muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, muddily do,
Until we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust.
~ Kurt Vonnegut
(Bodily busted April 11, 2007)

Old September 1st 08, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Skip[_3_] Skip[_3_] is offline
Banned

Well, the purchase of various bits of camera equipment have taken precedence
over buying collectables. When the lens I need runs over $1000, or a bit of
lighting for $500, a couple of hundred for a 1/18 Chaparral doesn't fit in
the budget...
Most of the 1/43 stuff I have, I bought as a kid, with no regard to
"collectability." So, boxes went away, as non essentials.