dodgeSavoy1953 please

Old February 15th 08, 04:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
pp

Default dodgeSavoy1953 please

dodge savoy 1953 please...

Tanks...
Old February 15th 08, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
MagisterMax

No such animal. There was a Plymouth Savoy but not in 1953. Perhaps if
you'd put a little more detail into your question with words like
"pictures", "please", "looking for" or "post" we might be able to help.

Max

news

Old February 15th 08, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

Hate to tell you this, Max but the 1953 Dodge Savoy Wagon was a real car -
for the Canadian (aka: Canuck) market.
john

Old February 15th 08, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
vintage

I think that you are thinking of the Dodge Regent John
It was the Canadian version if the Plymouth Savoy

Fred

Old February 15th 08, 09:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
MagisterMax

I was in a grumpy mood this morning, John. Yes, of course, the Savoy name
was introduced on a specially-trimmed Suburban station wagon as a model name
only, like the Belvedere hardtop, but it wasn't until 1954 that Plymouth
expanded the Savoy to be the middle line, topped by the Belvedere and
supported by the Plaza. In Canada, our Dodges were basically Plymouths with
Dodge front clips. The Suburban station wagon in the Regent line was a
better trimmed version of the Suburban in the Crusader line and was given
the special name of Savoy Suburban. That's kind of interesting because it's
the only instance that I know of where one brand's model name was identical
to another brand's name for an entire line. There were examples of two
brands using the same model names, like DeSoto and Cadillac with the 1956
Seville name or Packard and Dodge in Canada with the Mayfair designation for
their hardtops but here we have a Savoy name stuck on a Regent Suburban
while Plymouth used Savoy for its entire middle range of vehicles both north
and south of the border.

I have no picture of the 53 Dodge Regent Suburban Savoy but do have one from
the 1954 brochure that clearly shows the Savoy name and also has the
Suburban name tag. Strange.

Max

Old February 15th 08, 09:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
John Bradley

I could only find a 1951 Dodge Savoy nothing on 1953.
john

"Vintage" > wrote in message
>I think that you are thinking of the Dodge Regent John
> It was the Canadian version if the Plymouth Savoy
>
> Fred
>
> "John Bradley" > wrote in message
>> Hate to tell you this, Max but the 1953 Dodge Savoy Wagon was a real
>> car -
>> for the Canadian (aka: Canuck) market.
>> john
>>
>> "MagisterMax" > wrote in message
>>> No such animal. There was a Plymouth Savoy but not in 1953. Perhaps if
>>> you'd put a little more detail into your question with words like
>>> "pictures", "please", "looking for" or "post" we might be able to help.
>>>
>>> Max
>>>
>>> "pp" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>> dodge savoy 1953 please...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1951DodgeSavoyBrochure.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	120364  Click image for larger version

Name:	1951DodgeSavoyProject84.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	120365
Old February 15th 08, 09:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
HEMI - Powered

MagisterMax added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> I was in a grumpy mood this morning, John. Yes, of course,
> the Savoy name was introduced on a specially-trimmed Suburban
> station wagon as a model name only, like the Belvedere
> hardtop, but it wasn't until 1954 that Plymouth expanded the
> Savoy to be the middle line, topped by the Belvedere and
> supported by the Plaza. In Canada, our Dodges were basically
> Plymouths with Dodge front clips. The Suburban station wagon
> in the Regent line was a better trimmed version of the
> Suburban in the Crusader line and was given the special name
> of Savoy Suburban. That's kind of interesting because it's
> the only instance that I know of where one brand's model name
> was identical to another brand's name for an entire line.
> There were examples of two brands using the same model names,
> like DeSoto and Cadillac with the 1956 Seville name or Packard
> and Dodge in Canada with the Mayfair designation for their
> hardtops but here we have a Savoy name stuck on a Regent
> Suburban while Plymouth used Savoy for its entire middle range
> of vehicles both north and south of the border.
>
> I have no picture of the 53 Dodge Regent Suburban Savoy but do
> have one from the 1954 brochure that clearly shows the Savoy
> name and also has the Suburban name tag. Strange.

it is healthy to admit one's mistakes, especially for someone who
believes they know literally everything about every car ever
manufactured from every country in the world. but, what is
especially healthy is for someone so knowledgeable about the
Canadian auto industry to fess up and admit they were wrong.
saying you were grumpy this morning just ads icing to the cake

Have a nice weekend, Min!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Old February 16th 08, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
Roadsign[_2_]

"MagisterMax" > wrote in news:mjjtj.21991
$w57.16652@edtnps90:

> No such animal. There was a Plymouth Savoy but not in 1953. Perhaps if
> you'd put a little more detail into your question with words like
> "pictures", "please", "looking for" or "post" we might be able to help.
>
> Max
>
> "pp" > wrote in message
> news
>> dodge savoy 1953 please...
>>
>> Tanks...

"pp",

Pay no attention to the rude response you got from MagisterMax. It is just
that he was in a grumpy mood. He also missed the fact that you said please.
And, if you frequesnt this group, you will come to learn you are not in the
clique..... but THAT is a good thing.

RS
Old February 16th 08, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
HEMI - Powered

Roadsign added these comments in the current discussion du jour

>> No such animal. There was a Plymouth Savoy but not in 1953.
>> Perhaps if you'd put a little more detail into your question
>> with words like "pictures", "please", "looking for" or "post"
>> we might be able to help.
>>
>> Max
>>
>> "pp" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> dodge savoy 1953 please...
>>>

> "pp",
>
> Pay no attention to the rude response you got from
> MagisterMax. It is just that he was in a grumpy mood. He also
> missed the fact that you said please. And, if you frequesnt
> this group, you will come to learn you are not in the
> clique..... but THAT is a good thing.
>
> RS

uh-oh, the "C" word again.

Old February 17th 08, 03:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows
MagisterMax

Tweedle bum and tweedle dee. Just remind us again whose bumboy you're not.
The only clique hereabouts consists of two people, you and your buddy....

Max