Man nets 18 years in fatal drunk driving crash

Old September 27th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Man nets 18 years in fatal drunk driving crash

He deserved life in prison but this is still a significant penalty. You
deadly DUIs need to take note.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/9938616.html

Man nets 18 years in fatal drunk driving crash

Story Updated: Sep 22, 2007 at 6:22 PM PDT
By Associated Press

SALEM, Ore. (AP) - A man was sentenced to more than 18 years in prison
after he was convicted of manslaughter in the drunken driving death of a
teen passenger in his car.

Ryan David Schultz, 31, was driving with a blood-alcohol level of 0.273
percent - more than three times the legal limit.

Two other people were injured in the crash that killed Sonny Hart, 17,
on May 18, 2006.

Another teen in the car, Bradley Husted, was injured while a bystander,
Matthew Swisher, was injured when he tried to stop Schultz from fleeing
the scene.

Schultz had been drinking with a group of teenage boys at a park north
of Salem. Schultz bought whiskey for the boys after one of them gave him
money and was smoking marijuana before the crash.

(snip)

Schultz also was convicted of assault, failure to perform the duties of
a driver, vehicular assault of a pedestrian, driving under the influence
of intoxicants and two counts of furnishing alcohol to a
minor.(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Old September 27th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

SFB spewed:

> He deserved life in prison but this is s

<< ECP to irrelevant newsgroups removed >>
<< snip crap >>

http://tinyurl.com/2n4beb

--
"What about you? You got a problem with this?"
--Tony Soprano
Old September 28th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
>SFB spewed:
>
>> He deserved life in prison but this is s

><< ECP to irrelevant newsgroups removed >>
><< snip crap >>
>
>http://tinyurl.com/2n4beb

Keep that one in the PDA, and show it to select coworkers when the
circumstances merit it.

--

"Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS" brags of it's homosexuallity:
the guys at the bath-house stopped laughing at my 3 inch weenie.

"Speeders And Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS" brags of it's ability to operate a vehicle:
I must be doing something right to go 3 1/2 years without a fatal crash.
: http://groups.google.com/group/misc....e8a61824?hl=en