Goodwood Members' Open Day 2007; 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG front.JPG (1/1)

Old August 23rd 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

Default Goodwood Members' Open Day 2007; 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG front.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG front.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	94494
Old August 23rd 07, 03:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in message

This is the "Son of" my puny AMG. I imagine it is the terrifying naturally
aspirated 6.3 (actually 6.2).

I would kill for one of these.
--
Paddy's Pig

Old August 23rd 07, 03:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

"Padraig" > wrote
> This is the "Son of" my puny AMG. I imagine it is the terrifying
> naturally aspirated 6.3 (actually 6.2).

I saw a M-B M class SUV with that 6.3 AMG.

I mean, what are people thinking. The guy lived on a street with 4 or 5
speed bumps, and he had to slow down to a crawl just to get over them
because of the front air foil.

The thing sounded great, with four ports out of dual exhausts, but what can
you do with it?

Ron
Old August 23rd 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Padraig

"guest" > wrote in message
> "Padraig" > wrote
>> This is the "Son of" my puny AMG. I imagine it is the terrifying
>> naturally aspirated 6.3 (actually 6.2).

> I saw a M-B M class SUV with that 6.3 AMG.
>
> I mean, what are people thinking. The guy lived on a street with 4 or 5
> speed bumps, and he had to slow down to a crawl just to get over them
> because of the front air foil.

Hahahaha!
--
Paddy's Pig

Old August 23rd 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

"Padraig" > wrote
>> I saw a M-B M class SUV with that 6.3 AMG.
>> I mean, what are people thinking. The guy lived on a street with 4 or 5
>> speed bumps, and he had to slow down to a crawl just to get over them
>> because of the front air foil.

> Hahahaha!

Yeah, it was real funny. I actually stopped, turned around and stared for
a long time just watching him going from speed bump to speed bump, reving
up the nice sounding engine briefly and then slow down to a crawl for every
speed bump.

Ron
Old August 23rd 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article >, guest
> writes
>"Padraig" > wrote
>> This is the "Son of" my puny AMG. I imagine it is the terrifying
>> naturally aspirated 6.3 (actually 6.2).

>I saw a M-B M class SUV with that 6.3 AMG.
>
>I mean, what are people thinking. The guy lived on a street with 4 or 5
>speed bumps, and he had to slow down to a crawl just to get over them
>because of the front air foil.
>
>The thing sounded great, with four ports out of dual exhausts, but what can
>you do with it?

I have never understood the current fascination with slightly civilised
farmers' trucks. They guzzle fuel, offer little extra accommodation over
a conventional estate car, are less safe, handle and ride less well, and
are never used for their real purpose. But then, as Kingsley says
"people must follow the fashion, even if it be for spoon-bonnets."

I am aware that this view is likely to make me unpopular in some
quarters.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old August 23rd 07, 06:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Leroy Curtis > wrote
> I have never understood the current fascination with slightly
> civilised farmers' trucks. They guzzle fuel, offer little extra
> accommodation over a conventional estate car, are less safe, handle
> and ride less well, and are never used for their real purpose.

LOL. Yeah, it's that amazing? You forgot to mention over priced.

But talk about sales and profit for the automaker.

Ron
Old August 23rd 07, 06:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Leroy Curtis > wrote

Old August 23rd 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobiles.carshows,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

Sounds like the engine ecu interfered with his (or her) penile implant
again, making the brain-to-right foot connection kind of erratic. 8-)
Our lake is 60km at its largest dimension yet, there are 6-10 10-15meter
long 2-3 engined speed boats. They are used for rich drunks' transport
between lakeside bars and their estates. We can tell when the bars close at
3am. It's the rich's right to burn energy like mad to show their peers and
the lumpen that they still can whilst we must conserve to save pennies. At
least it keeps them off the roads at night and leaves more venison for us.
Ya gotta love 'em! (bye, Steve)
john