Beware of Metro Honda RI!

Old November 4th 04, 01:53 PM
Al Andre

Default Beware of Metro Honda RI!

Hello everyone,

I went to my dealer, Metro Honda in Rhode Island, and I can tell you that it
has been one problem after another. From loosing my appointment to being
discourteous, to causing problems and then not being able to undo what they
caused. They actually argue with me when I am right at times.

I went there Monday to have my oil changed and check my heater because it
was making a funny noise. This is a 2002 Civic EX, and it is under warranty,
but they told me I may need some heater box part, and I could have it put
in. Then they decided that they were going to put some "lubricant" in the
heater "pins" without asking me. Now the car smells like someone spilled
turpentine and shoe polish inside the car. and it happens when the heater or
AC is used. I have Asthma and I am developing pleurisy over this problem.
Today will be me third attempt to try to get this resolved. I think the
problem is that the smell was absorbed into the pollen filters, but they
seem to not want to change those. The first time they said it was
deodorized. The second time they said they cleaned and deodorized the
heater. Lets see what this time brings. Winter is coming and I cannot keep
the windows open when I use the heater! Granted I am trading the car in May,
but I can say without a doubt, they have lost a customer, and I am going to
tell everyone I know about this experience and to stay away. I will bought 2
cars from there and my brother bought two, and now we are both going to
another dealer for our next cars.

Hope this will prevent some bad experiences in case you happen to live in
RI.

Al

Old November 4th 04, 06:21 PM
jack

I agree. They totally suck. Michael Grieco is a little bitch. They can't
keep anyone over there in sales because they are too cheap to pay them.
The sales manager position is a revolving door.

It's too bad you had an awful experience, because the Brett, one of the
service managers, is a great guy.

I buy over at Majestic. Most of the management team has been there for
10-15 years.

ink.net...

Old November 10th 04, 12:10 AM
Al Andre

I am back...They corrected the problem on the third attempt. They replaced a
heater box and filters and I am thinking the complete job cost around
2000.00 with the part, labor, filters and the fact that I was given a rental
car during that time. They absorbed the full cost. I am glad the problem was
fixed and I didn't have to report them to the better business bureau or file
a law suit, but I am not going back there for any new cars at all.

ink.net...