GM marketing ability

Old December 6th 08, 12:58 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Default GM marketing ability

Last night's NFL game on Fox featured a 'red tag
sale' for multiple GM brands. A fairly well
constructed ad but it was immediately followed
by an Acura ad. Lasting image in the viewer's
mind... ACURA!!

Five years ago GM's marketing crew and their ad
agencies would have made sure that the GM marque
was the only auto ad within a 15-minute span of
network time. And, most certainly a GM ad
wouldn't have been the opener to another auto ad.

These ninnies would have difficulty in the Death
Valley market for cold beer.

--
pj
Old December 7th 08, 09:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"pj" > wrote in message
> Last night's NFL game on Fox featured a 'red tag sale' for multiple GM
> brands. A fairly well constructed ad but it was immediately followed by
> an Acura ad. Lasting image in the viewer's mind... ACURA!!
>
> Five years ago GM's marketing crew and their ad agencies would have made
> sure that the GM marque was the only auto ad within a 15-minute span of
> network time. And, most certainly a GM ad wouldn't have been the opener
> to another auto ad.
>
> These ninnies would have difficulty in the Death Valley market for cold
> beer.
>
> --
> pj

If Acura was marketing the new TL, GM should have nothing to worry about.
The new TL is flat ugly.

Old December 7th 08, 10:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"tww1491" > wrote in message

> "pj" > wrote in message
>> Last night's NFL game on Fox featured a 'red tag sale' for multiple GM
>> brands. A fairly well constructed ad but it was immediately followed by
>> an Acura ad. Lasting image in the viewer's mind... ACURA!!
>>
>> Five years ago GM's marketing crew and their ad agencies would have made
>> sure that the GM marque was the only auto ad within a 15-minute span of
>> network time. And, most certainly a GM ad wouldn't have been the opener
>> to another auto ad.
>>
>> These ninnies would have difficulty in the Death Valley market for cold
>> beer.
>>
>> --
>> pj

> If Acura was marketing the new TL, GM should have nothing to worry about.
> The new TL is flat ugly.

Agreed. It's awful whichever angle I'm looking at it.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old December 8th 08, 12:58 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

CardsFan wrote:
> "tww1491" > wrote in message
>> "pj" > wrote in message
>>> Last night's NFL game on Fox featured a 'red tag sale' for multiple GM
>>> brands. A fairly well constructed ad but it was immediately followed by
>>> an Acura ad. Lasting image in the viewer's mind... ACURA!!
>>>
>>> Five years ago GM's marketing crew and their ad agencies would have made
>>> sure that the GM marque was the only auto ad within a 15-minute span of
>>> network time. And, most certainly a GM ad wouldn't have been the opener
>>> to another auto ad.
>>>
>>> These ninnies would have difficulty in the Death Valley market for cold
>>> beer.
>>>
>>> --
>>> pj

>> If Acura was marketing the new TL, GM should have nothing to worry about.
>> The new TL is flat ugly.

> Agreed. It's awful whichever angle I'm looking at it.
>
> AJM
> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

I've always had 'difficulty' with a so-called
luxury sedan that as cramped as the Acura.

Took a friend up on a ride to the airport.
Traveled light but we were sharing cabin space
with the luggage.

--
pj
Old December 8th 08, 03:09 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"pj" > wrote in message
news
> CardsFan wrote:

>>> If Acura was marketing the new TL, GM should have nothing to worry
>>> about. The new TL is flat ugly.

>> Agreed. It's awful whichever angle I'm looking at it.
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

> I've always had 'difficulty' with a so-called luxury sedan that as cramped
> as the Acura.
>
> Took a friend up on a ride to the airport. Traveled light but we were
> sharing cabin space with the luggage.

Was that a TL? Only complaint I have with my 2000 3.2 is the rear seats
don't fold down. I routinely take the in-laws to stores, doctor
appointments, etc. and they are both large people. Mom-in-law seems to have
a lot of trouble getting her seatbelt latched, but other than that it's been
a good people-hauler. And I've routinely hauled 3 other players, myself and
the golf clubs on out-of-town trips. There's even been room for a cooler or
two.

Only the first week of December here, and already the roads are white from
the salt. Looks like it might be a real long slog of a winter.

Old December 8th 08, 04:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

CardsFan wrote:
> "pj" > wrote in message
> news
>> CardsFan wrote:

>>> Agreed. It's awful whichever angle I'm looking at it.
>>>
>>> AJM
>>> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

>> I've always had 'difficulty' with a so-called luxury sedan that as cramped
>> as the Acura.
>>
>> Took a friend up on a ride to the airport. Traveled light but we were
>> sharing cabin space with the luggage.

> Was that a TL? Only complaint I have with my 2000 3.2 is the rear seats
> don't fold down. I routinely take the in-laws to stores, doctor
> appointments, etc. and they are both large people. Mom-in-law seems to have
> a lot of trouble getting her seatbelt latched, but other than that it's been
> a good people-hauler. And I've routinely hauled 3 other players, myself and
> the golf clubs on out-of-town trips. There's even been room for a cooler or
> two.
>
> Only the first week of December here, and already the roads are white from
> the salt. Looks like it might be a real long slog of a winter.
>
> AJM
> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Quite the opposite here. Furnace finally came
on yesterday morning. We had 2" of rain last
week but not enough to erase the threat of water
rationing. Could use some of your precip out
here. Home and valet car washing is now
verbotten. Only the car washes that recycle
water can do the job.

Good news: Tanked up Friday at $ 1.659 a
gallon. Fuel surplus is so huge that yesterday
I felt obligated to join a small caravan on a
desert picnic run. Beautiful drive w/good
dessert (apple pie & ice cream) in Julian.

Bad news: The SUV and large personal truck
traffic is back and clogging the streets.

Sedan size is a relative thing -- I grew up
thinking of the Deville and Lucerne luggage
compartments as, "adequate."

--
pj
Old December 8th 08, 05:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"pj" > wrote in message
Snip

> Good news: Tanked up Friday at $ 1.659 a gallon. Fuel surplus is
> so huge that yesterday I felt obligated to join a small caravan on a
> desert picnic run. Beautiful drive w/good dessert (apple pie & ice
> cream) in Julian.
>
> Bad news: The SUV and large personal truck traffic is back and
> clogging the streets.
>
> Sedan size is a relative thing -- I grew up thinking of the Deville
> and Lucerne luggage compartments as, "adequate."

Made 2 trips to Michigan last week, first trip gas was $1.55, next
trip it had drooped to $1.45 while it was $1.69 here.

Old December 8th 08, 04:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Ehrett

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 22:09:54 -0500, "CardsFan" > wrote:

:> I routinely take the in-laws to stores, doctor
:>appointments, etc. and they are both large people. Mom-in-law seems to have
:>a lot of trouble getting her seatbelt latched, but other than that it's been
:>a good people-hauler.

Would Mom-in-law benefit from a seatbelt extender? Heard a man order one
from the dealer last spring while I was there...never knew such a thing
existed until then. Apparently GM will give them to you for free?
Old December 8th 08, 04:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Sarah Ehrett" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 22:09:54 -0500, "CardsFan" > wrote:
>
> :> I routinely take the in-laws to stores, doctor
> :>appointments, etc. and they are both large people. Mom-in-law seems to
> have
> :>a lot of trouble getting her seatbelt latched, but other than that it's
> been
> :>a good people-hauler.
>
> Would Mom-in-law benefit from a seatbelt extender? Heard a man order one
> from the dealer last spring while I was there...never knew such a thing
> existed until then. Apparently GM will give them to you for free?

I'll look into that. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Old December 8th 08, 08:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
The Reverend Natural Light

On Dec 5, 7:58 pm, pj > wrote:
> Last night's NFL game on Fox featured a 'red tag
> sale' for multiple GM brands. A fairly well
> constructed ad but it was immediately followed
> by an Acura ad. Lasting image in the viewer's
> mind... ACURA!!

The media would like nothing more than to see each and every American
drinking Pepsi, eating at McDonalds, voting for Democrats, and driving
foreign cars.