New Si (06 production?)

Old August 31st 05, 11:28 PM
MAT

Default New Si (06 production?)

Check out http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=396413 !!

The new Si looks pretty swell eh? Observe the K20? powerplant, sweet
looking interior, 6 speed, the Nav option, the unusual maroon (like the old
crx si's, yeah!) color, AND 5w-30 on the oil cap. Dunno about the digital
speedo though. Yay! I want one, yep.

Old August 31st 05, 11:44 PM
TeGGeR®

"MAT" > wrote in
:

> Check out http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=396413
> !!
>
> The new Si looks pretty swell eh? Observe the K20? powerplant, sweet
> looking interior, 6 speed, the Nav option, the unusual maroon (like
> the old crx si's, yeah!) color, AND 5w-30 on the oil cap. Dunno about
> the digital speedo though. Yay! I want one, yep.

Dunno about that enormous windshield, either. Insurance companies are gonna
love that.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old September 1st 05, 12:07 AM
TWW

"MAT" > wrote in message
> Check out http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=396413 !!
>
> The new Si looks pretty swell eh? Observe the K20? powerplant, sweet
> looking interior, 6 speed, the Nav option, the unusual maroon (like the

old
> crx si's, yeah!) color, AND 5w-30 on the oil cap. Dunno about the digital
> speedo though. Yay! I want one, yep.

Who knows what the price will be. Navi option ?? I guess we are talking
about 25k or more when including dealer markups. Still like my 5th gen
Prelude more.

Old September 1st 05, 12:51 AM
MAT

"TWW" > wrote in message

> Who knows what the price will be. Navi option ?? I guess we are talking
> about 25k or more when including dealer markups. Still like my 5th gen
> Prelude more.

Yeah I have a feeling it's gonna take off like the 99-00 Si's, even today
they are fetching 75-80% of their original price. I certainly expect some
price gouging with this model. If I was to buy, I would wait until the 07's
and see what the demand is like then. Maybe you close with 25k, it
certainly is a lot of car (powetrain, classic lofty Honda redline, and lsd)
but I don't think markups will last too long, especially with the current
oil climate, I think the market will be a little soft for anything
performance, this puppy will take high test no doubt.

Old September 1st 05, 01:01 AM
Jim Yanik

"TWW" > wrote in news:zbrRe.21554$hp.15109@lakeread08:

> "MAT" > wrote in message
>> Check out http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=396413
>> !!
>>
>> The new Si looks pretty swell eh? Observe the K20? powerplant, sweet
>> looking interior, 6 speed, the Nav option, the unusual maroon (like
>> the

> old
>> crx si's, yeah!) color, AND 5w-30 on the oil cap. Dunno about the
>> digital speedo though. Yay! I want one, yep.
>>

> Who knows what the price will be. Navi option ?? I guess we are
> talking about 25k or more when including dealer markups. Still like
> my 5th gen Prelude more.

I wish they still made the Prelude and the Integra.
The RSX looks ugly compared to the Integra.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old September 1st 05, 01:31 AM
High Tech Misfit

MAT wrote:

> Check out http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=396413 !!
>
> The new Si looks pretty swell eh? Observe the K20? powerplant, sweet
> looking interior, 6 speed, the Nav option, the unusual maroon (like the old
> crx si's, yeah!) color, AND 5w-30 on the oil cap. Dunno about the digital
> speedo though. Yay! I want one, yep.

The exterior looks sweet. As for the interior, I'm not too keen on the
digital speedometer.

Any pics of the new sedan floating around?
Old September 1st 05, 03:28 PM
MAT

> The exterior looks sweet. As for the interior, I'm not too keen on the
> digital speedometer.
>
> Any pics of the new sedan floating around?

Check out www.vtec.net, there's a ton of info and pics of all production
trim lines. I read the MSRP of the new Si is 19,600 and 20,300 with Navi,
what a bargain! Speculation will end soon, today, 9/1 Honda will release
all official info including MSRPs.

Old September 2nd 05, 12:27 PM
Pars

The pic with the red hot sexy speedometer with the 8 grand redline was
enough to make me want to run out and get one. But then the Techno/Luxury
steering wheel and the suspiciously looking, narrow seats (not many people
are as wide as me) put a damper on things. A Nav system that can't play DVD
seems like a total waste of $$$. I'd settle for my portable Nav (Roadmate
300...which is awesome) and one of those in dash-DVD screens that can extend
to tilt and rotate (for passenger's viewing pleasure).

The silver color seems to be the nicest, since it matches the big 'H' logo
in the front grill (getting aftermarket colored 'H' logo is probably going
to be a big seller). But the red 'Si' logo in the grill has got to do
(hopefully, it's easily detachable). The front wheel well seems a little
bigger then the rear, but it doesn't upset the very nice lines. It's too bad
that they couldn't carry over the mid exhaust port (as per concept Civic
Si), or have it as an option.

Hopefully, the non Si engine is going to be amazingly fuel efficient. With
gas prices at $1.26/Litre ($4.54/Gallon), efficiency is going to be a big
selling point. Even with the brain numbing gas prices, I'm still gloating at
the pumps, since I can still get 700km from my tinny tank, while the SUV
owners are in tears *grin*.

Pars
98 Civic Hatch

Old September 2nd 05, 07:16 PM
SoCalMike

David Barnett wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:28:11 -0400, "MAT"
> > wrote:
>

>>the unusual maroon (like the old
>>crx si's, yeah!

> There was never a maroon CRX Si, at least not for the American market.
> The 1st generation ones were available only in red, white, blue,
> silver and black, and the 2nd generation cars in red, white, silver,
> black, and yellow. For 1991 the yellow was replaced with an ugly
> metallic blue-green.

ugly?!? that teal green was "THE" color 15 years ago! i still kinda like
it.