Gas prices - I paid $3.85.9 today

Old April 6th 08, 02:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Gas prices - I paid $3.85.9 today

US Gallons.

Yeah I know - England and other places pay more. Quick you Canadian guys:
What's this convert to in liters & factor in today's exchange rate. This
will be graded.
--
Pat Durkin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas prices.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	130304
Old April 6th 08, 03:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:57:49 -0700, Paddy's Pig wrote:

> US Gallons.
>
> Yeah I know - England and other places pay more. Quick you Canadian guys:
> What's this convert to in liters & factor in today's exchange rate. This
> will be graded.

$3.85.9/$0.9910=U$D3.89.4

$3.89.4/3.78541178= $CDN 1.02.8 per litre

Not bad actually, if I'm correct. (I don't really speak math, I just play
a mathematician on Usenet...)

SW

Old April 6th 08, 04:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III

Hi Pat,
You forgot to tell us your house just lost half a million, Gold tripled,
and we no longer laugh at Canadian money.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

Old April 6th 08, 04:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Ron

Square Wheels > wrote
in news:4EWJj.30755$Cj7.7034@pd7urf2no:

> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:57:49 -0700, Paddy's Pig wrote:
>
>> US Gallons.
>>
>> Yeah I know - England and other places pay more. Quick you Canadian
>> guys: What's this convert to in liters & factor in today's exchange
>> rate. This will be graded.

> $3.85.9/$0.9910=U$D3.89.4
>
> $3.89.4/3.78541178= $CDN 1.02.8 per litre
>
> Not bad actually, if I'm correct. (I don't really speak math, I just
> play a mathematician on Usenet...)
>

> SW

Not bad, that's $1.10 AUD a litre. We are currently paying around a $1.24
per litre, in NE Australia.

Ron
Old April 6th 08, 07:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Interesting that you and I should both have filled up today. I hit a
record. For the first time in my life I got a credit card receipt for
exactly $100 for a tank of gas! Mind you, I did have the reserve light on
for about 10 km before I decided I'd better not cross that long bridge
before filling up. I paid $1.339/litre so, figuring 4 litres to the gallon,
I paid over $5/gallon. If I'd been able to put in regular grade I'd have
saved about 8¢/litre so it's not really a factor. I usually go more than
two weeks between fill-ups. But it definitely was something I noticed,
since it was a first for me.

max

Old April 6th 08, 07:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Ron

"MagisterMax" > wrote in

That is dearer than here!
Ours is $1.14973 CAD

Old April 6th 08, 07:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Our taxes and hence our gasoline prices are higher than anywhere else in
Canada and include a transit levy to encourage is to stop driving and wait
for crowded buses to splash by us while we stand in the rain to wait.

Max

Old April 6th 08, 09:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Jonno

Ah yes, but just think of the carbon credits you would be getting for your
country if you did.
Doesn't that just make you want to jump up and down with pure joy? :-)

Jonno

Old April 6th 08, 03:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Leroy Curtis

In article >, Ron
> writes
>Square Wheels > wrote
>in news:4EWJj.30755$Cj7.7034@pd7urf2no:
>
>> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:57:49 -0700, Paddy's Pig wrote:
>>
>>> US Gallons.
>>>
>>> Yeah I know - England and other places pay more. Quick you Canadian
>>> guys: What's this convert to in liters & factor in today's exchange
>>> rate. This will be graded.

>> $3.85.9/$0.9910=U$D3.89.4
>>
>> $3.89.4/3.78541178= $CDN 1.02.8 per litre
>>
>> Not bad actually, if I'm correct. (I don't really speak math, I just
>> play a mathematician on Usenet...)

>Not bad, that's $1.10 AUD a litre. We are currently paying around a $1.24
>per litre, in NE Australia.

Don't complain, guys. I'm paying £1.07 per litre for 95 octane, which is
the lowest grade available here. That's around $2.15 Canadian, $2.13 US,
or $2.30 Australian. That's $8.06 US per US gallon.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email
Old April 6th 08, 04:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"Leroy Curtis" > wrote in message

> Don't complain, guys. I'm paying £1.07 per litre for 95 octane, which is
> the lowest grade available here. That's around $2.15 Canadian, $2.13 US,
> or $2.30 Australian. That's $8.06 US per US gallon.

Yikes.
--
Pat Durkin