I now understand the appeal of pickup trucks

Old November 6th 05, 07:28 PM
Ulf

Default I now understand the appeal of pickup trucks

Harry K wrote:
> 223rem wrote:
>
>>I had the opportunity to drive a F150 for a week. Acceleration,
>>braking and cornering suck, but it has at least three major advantages
>>over cars:
>>
>>1. You dont have to worry about potholes (or speed bumps any more;
>>sure, sporty suspension, low ground clearance, alloy wheels and
>>low profile tires are great on the interstate, but on bad roads
>>you have be very careful and that gets old quickly.
>>
>>2. You can get the LLBs to move out of your way: nothing like
>>a big pickup on their bumper, headlights in their mirror to convince
>>them to move right.
>>
>>3. People think twice about cutting you off or tailgating.
>>
>>Yes, a full size pickup truck would make a great city vehicle.

> They're best when at least 8 years old, beat up bed and at least one
> quarter panel a different color.

Sounds like one of the trucks I drive at work. Dents and rust holes all
over, right headlight and turn signal cracked, suspension busted, engine
not running right and sometimes stalls on the freeway, left front brake
leaking so the truck pulls to right when braking, etc. etc...

The good thing is that it looks so bad that everyone gets out of your
way. :-)

> Harry K

Ulf
Old December 11th 05, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Sir Lex > wrote in :

> Even better with one of these
>
> <http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/malking/18.jpg>

Old railroad ties held on with baling wire are cheaper, and get the point
across better.