cleaner

Old February 22nd 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default cleaner

Any recommendations on a good chrome cleaner?
I've got 33 yrs. of oxidization. I'm trying to clean the exterior door
chrome molding.
I've tried rubbing compound, goof off, "never dull" (which worked
fantastically on the interior chrome) and a couple off the shelf 3m chrome
cleaners. All cleaned the chrome, but it still has a haze down the middle.
I'm pretty sure the chrome is good, but just filthey.

Old February 23rd 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Sounds like you are using some pretty harsh stuff there.
Be careful not to damage things in your enthusiasm

Post a pic of what you're trying to clean.

Kate

"wf81" > wrote in message
: Any recommendations on a good chrome cleaner?
: I've got 33 yrs. of oxidization. I'm trying to clean the exterior door
: chrome molding.
: I've tried rubbing compound, goof off, "never dull" (which worked
: fantastically on the interior chrome) and a couple off the shelf 3m chrome
: cleaners. All cleaned the chrome, but it still has a haze down the middle.
: I'm pretty sure the chrome is good, but just filthey.
:
:

Old February 23rd 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Try coke--- it cleans chrome very well

Old February 24th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

wf81 wrote:

> Any recommendations on a good chrome cleaner?
> I've got 33 yrs. of oxidization. I'm trying to clean the exterior door
> chrome molding.
> I've tried rubbing compound, goof off, "never dull" (which worked
> fantastically on the interior chrome) and a couple off the shelf 3m chrome
> cleaners. All cleaned the chrome, but it still has a haze down the middle.
> I'm pretty sure the chrome is good, but just filthey.

Mothers metal polish.

--
..boB
On Order: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Old February 24th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Yea sorry about the photos,my screw up.
I'm using coke and aluminum foil and a LOT of rubbing. Its getting there.
They are steel and really dirty. I will eventually win!
. ..

Old February 24th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:16:43 GMT, "J. Sprauer"
> wrote:

> Try coke--- it cleans chrome very well

I'll second that!!!! Soak a rag in Coke (the drink, not the powder)
and lay it on the area you want to clean and let it set. If you want
to test it first... take a rusty nail or whatever, put some coke on a
bowl, and drop it in, then let it set. Drop a chunk of meat in and the
meat will dissolve... (imagine what it does to your insides...that's
why I drink Pepsi LOL).
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Old February 25th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:10:28 -0800, Spike > wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:16:43 GMT, "J. Sprauer"
> wrote:
>
>> Try coke--- it cleans chrome very well
>>

>I'll second that!!!! Soak a rag in Coke (the drink, not the powder)
>and lay it on the area you want to clean and let it set. If you want
>to test it first... take a rusty nail or whatever, put some coke on a
>bowl, and drop it in, then let it set. Drop a chunk of meat in and the
>meat will dissolve... (imagine what it does to your insides...that's
>why I drink Pepsi LOL).

Or, I guess you really could use the powder, and just lick it until
the rust is gone. : 0 )

Old February 25th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Kinda expensive!

Old February 25th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

What's that saying? Ya get whatcha pay for? LOL And anyone who would
do that can't be all there, so it's not like they would really think
about cost per lick. : 0 )

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:45:33 -0600, "wf81" > wrote:

>Kinda expensive!
.. .

Old February 26th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"Spike" > wrote in message
: What's that saying? Ya get whatcha pay for? LOL And anyone who would
: do that can't be all there, so it's not like they would really think
: about cost per lick. : 0 )
:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop ??

One.....
TaWHOoooooo
Crunch!!

Hmmm... musta been weed, not coke. These munchies are really bad!