suggestions to revitalize this news group?

Old June 25th 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default suggestions to revitalize this news group?

Wow, it's a shame to see so few posts on what's been the best newsgroup I've
ever run across! Are 'we' just inundated with too many ways to communicate?
Is everyone twittering (whatever the hell that is) and facebooking and
myspacing and blogging (how did I almost forget blogging?) Who blogs for
god's sake? Everyone?

I just don't get it. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Allot of people
don't even know what newsgroups are, I guess. It seems to be like 'bulletin
boards' back before the web exploded but, even then, there was a pretty
committed core group.

Have we just run out of interesting things to discuss on the most reliable
sports car of all time? TOO FEW PROBLEMS? Is that it?

I hope we can keep it alive.

H-E-L-P!
Chris
99BBB

Old June 25th 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Is everyone twittering (whatever the hell that is) and facebooking and
> myspacing and blogging (how did I almost forget blogging?) Who blogs for
> god's sake? Everyone?

No twitfacing for me, by cracky. I'm just not sufficiently narcissistic,
I guess. My innermost thoughts are none of anyone's business, as if
anyone cared. Or maybe it's because I have real friends, and don't need
imaginary ones.

> Have we just run out of interesting things to discuss on the most reliable
> sports car of all time? TOO FEW PROBLEMS? Is that it?

Well...if you do have a problem, you're more likely to find the solution
on the miata.net forum.

We just returned from an hour's drive in the country. We are blessed
with hundreds of "SAFE SPEED 20" signs within a 30-mile radius, many
with serious elevation changes. I sure am enjoying my new RE-11s.

It's hard to believe the local Miata club has no interest in these
wonderful roads; all they want to do is eat and shop.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old June 25th 10, 06:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

On 6/24/2010 10:13 PM, Lanny Chambers wrote:
> "all they want to do is eat and shop"

Same problem here. We tried to have a tech event some years back. One of
the female members was incensed because we were not set up to fix tires
with nails in them. Change oil--ok if you brought oil and filter.
Same with tranny & rear end oil. Tune or trouble shoot ok. Fix if not
too involved and have parts.

After that, the tech side deteriorated to advice if asked.

99 LS, turbo SBB, 8 injector version.

Old June 25th 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Wow, it's a shame to see so few posts on what's been the best newsgroup
> I've ever run across! Are 'we' just inundated with too many ways to
> communicate? Is everyone twittering (whatever the hell that is) and
> facebooking and myspacing and blogging (how did I almost forget
> blogging?) Who blogs for god's sake? Everyone?

This is one of two online social "gatherings" of any sort that I use.
(the other group discusses the rapidly coming end of over 70 years of
prohibition in this country)

Like Lanny, I suspect that most of my personal life is largely
uninteresting to the average person, though I am also sure that a
personality profile could be built up from my 11+ years of posting here,
if the wrong people did become interested.

No twitter for me. Same with myspace, classmates, facebook, and the
dozen or so other online social groups that have been invented since
yesterday. :-)

> I just don't get it. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Allot of
> people don't even know what newsgroups are, I guess. It seems to be like
> 'bulletin boards' back before the web exploded but, even then, there was
> a pretty committed core group.

I don't think that we ever recovered from the loss of Leon. Anytime
things were going too slowly, he would usually post something that would
get people talking, even if it was just his white paint photon drag
discussions. ;-)

> Have we just run out of interesting things to discuss on the most
> reliable sports car of all time? TOO FEW PROBLEMS? Is that it?

That may be it. Everything has pretty much been covered, but that never
stopped a bunch of old car nuts before.

> I hope we can keep it alive.
>
> H-E-L-P!
> Chris
> 99BBB

I'm with ya, dude. I go to miata.net for some technical information, but
never post there. Moderator is almost always a 4 letter word, imho, it
gives most moderators that I have seen too much of a power trip, which I
don't like or need when I already have the ability to filter out
anything that I want here.

Also, though it can take a while, especially anymore, most miata
information that people seek can be found here on r.a.m.m.m. No
question, however, that the miata.net forum is generally faster and
better-informed.

Pat
Old June 25th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 25.6.2010. 7:14, Chuck wrote:

> 99 LS, turbo SBB, 8 injector version.

what's the horses/torqs rating? when does the boost kick in?

Old June 25th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Domagoj Bagaric wrote:
> On 25.6.2010. 7:14, Chuck wrote:
>
>> 99 LS, turbo SBB, 8 injector version.

> what's the horses/torqs rating? when does the boost kick in?

Chuck, I was wondering the same thing.

My turbo/engine system has four RC550CC injectors hooked up to a Vishnu
fuel rail.
Is your 8 injector system offering more fuel than the ones I have, a
better fuel dispersal, or something else I am missing?

It sounds very cool! Am I correct in assuming that it requires a special
fuel rail that is set up for 8 fuel injectors?

Also, do you have a link on this handy for a lazy man? ;-)

Look there Chris, it's Miata talk!

Thanks,

Pat
Old June 25th 10, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 25.6.2010. 15:38, pws wrote:

> My turbo/engine system has four RC550CC injectors hooked up to a Vishnu
> fuel rail.

you have a turbo too?!

darn!

am I the only one with 90ishrwhp?

DAMN THE WALLET!
Old June 25th 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:

> am I the only one with 90ishrwhp?

Hardly. At 146k miles, my stock 1.8 is probably in that range.

Here's a tip: install a muffler that's a bit too loud. You'll quickly
learn to use as little throttle as possible, and you'll find you have
plenty of power you're not using because it's too noisy.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old June 25th 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Abid Khan

On Jun 24, 7:04*pm, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> Wow, it's a shame to see so few posts on what's been the best newsgroup I've
> ever run across! Are 'we' just inundated with too many ways to communicate?
> Is everyone twittering (whatever the hell that is) and facebooking and
> myspacing and blogging (how did I almost forget blogging?) Who blogs for
> god's sake? Everyone?
>
> I just don't get it. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Allot of people
> don't even know what newsgroups are, I guess. It seems to be like 'bulletin
> boards' back before the web exploded but, even then, there was a pretty
> committed core group.
>
> Have we just run out of interesting things to discuss on the most reliable
> sports car of all time? TOO FEW PROBLEMS? Is that it?
>
> I hope we can keep it alive.
>
> H-E-L-P!
> Chris
> 99BBB

I am with you, please keep it alive, even though I am selling my 91,
but I am going to be regular reader.

Abid
Old June 25th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Wow, it's a shame to see so few posts on what's been the best
> newsgroup I've ever run across! Are 'we' just inundated with too
> many ways to communicate? Is everyone twittering (whatever the
> hell that is) and facebooking and myspacing and blogging (how did
> I almost forget blogging?) Who blogs for god's sake? Everyone?

Blogging:
One of the most interesting people I've ever encountered blogs.
http://www.dailycoyote.net/

One who travels from San Francisco to New York on a 150cc Vespa is not
your ordinary female and the fact that she's "Smoking HOT!" <- my son's
opinion) doesn't hurt.

Be sure to look at earlier posts, the "About Us" and "Questions and
Answers" section.

Facebook:
I joined Facebook and check it daily or more often, as my kid pointed
out, Facebook is very useful for parents stalking their kids! Now that
my family and SWMBO's family have scattered to other places, it's a
great way to keep in touch.

The Usenet Improvement Project:

This news group still up...??? Johnny[_1_] Ford Mustang 13 October 22nd 08 12:01 PM
Kia Sportage news group george E 4x4 1 November 17th 05 05:32 AM
Mini news group Juice Technology 1 February 6th 05 10:05 PM
Is this news group functioning? GRL BMW 1 November 22nd 04 06:28 PM
is there model t news group? Lee Carkenord Antique cars 1 September 13th 03 11:56 PM