Rust at rear wheel wells, leaks into trunk

Old February 14th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Rust at rear wheel wells, leaks into trunk

> Pro-Tect is a waterproof, flexible and permanent rubber coating that
> will act as a barrier against moisture-causing rust and corrosion,

The stuff that I used was black. It was like rustproofing (but most
of that type stuff never really hardens). When sprayed into the
wheel wells, it looked like part of the car, particularly after a few
miles of dirt collected. So it didn't need painting.

If the holes are visible from above (through the trunk), then you
might only want to spray from underneath, and then fill the top side
with some caulk that you know will accept paint. I'm pretty sure that
most rubberized surfaces will cause appearance problems when painted.

Old February 15th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Feb 14, 4:24 pm, wrote:
> > Pro-Tect is a waterproof, flexible and permanent rubber coating that
> > will act as a barrier against moisture-causing rust and corrosion,

> The stuff that I used was black. It was like rustproofing (but most
> of that type stuff never really hardens). When sprayed into the
> wheel wells, it looked like part of the car, particularly after a few
> miles of dirt collected. So it didn't need painting.
>
> If the holes are visible from above (through the trunk), then you
> might only want to spray from underneath, and then fill the top side
> with some caulk that you know will accept paint. I'm pretty sure that
> most rubberized surfaces will cause appearance problems when painted.

Actually, what I have is rust right above the wheel wells, i.e. in the
quarter panel.
The hole is visible from the trunk if the upholstery is removed, also
visible is
the path of corrosion from the hole to the bed of the trunk.

Old February 18th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Sparky Spartacus

Scrapper wrote:
> i never said a kid....is your wife little?? mine is..lol..

Sir, I happen to be a dwarf and find this exchange extremely insulting.

:-D
Old February 18th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Scrapper[_51_]

lucky charms huh strait out of the box??? and don't call me sir i work 4
a living.....

--
Scrapper
Scrapper's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=438443

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old February 18th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Scrapper[_52_]

don;t call me sir i work 4 a living....did u come strait out of a lucky
charms box??????