2000 Acord V6 Diagnosis?

Old February 23rd 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JW[_2_]

Default 2000 Acord V6 Diagnosis?

Car just became hard to start or not start at all. Come back and it may
start as usual and run fine. Or, start and run rough. I'm thinking it's a
fuel management problem but, a new fuel pump/screen is too expensive to play
"swap parts till it's fixed". Anyone here have any ideas how to diagnose?
Thanks

Old February 23rd 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Gohan Ryu[_16_]

Check the ECU for codes.

--
Gohan Ryu
Gohan Ryu's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=250018

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old February 24th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JW[_2_]

The car is my daughter's who doesn't live with us. Yesterday I asked if the
check engine light was on...she said no. Wouldn't any hard codes activate
the CEL or are they stored in the ECU? Thanks, Joe

Old February 24th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

JW wrote:
> The car is my daughter's who doesn't live with us. Yesterday I asked if the
> check engine light was on...she said no. Wouldn't any hard codes activate
> the CEL or are they stored in the ECU?

stored in the ecu.

run injector cleaner through it in case an injector is leaking and make
sure ignition componentry is in good condition. replace as necessary.
engine management systems hardly ever break down. psychic vehicle
diagnostics are best reserved for wednesdays.

Old February 24th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

jim beam wrote:
> JW wrote:
>> The car is my daughter's who doesn't live with us. Yesterday I asked
>> if the check engine light was on...she said no. Wouldn't any hard
>> codes activate the CEL or are they stored in the ECU?

> stored in the ecu.
>
> run injector cleaner through it in case an injector is leaking and make
> sure ignition componentry is in good condition. replace as necessary.
> engine management systems hardly ever break down. psychic vehicle
> diagnostics are best reserved for wednesdays.

and learn to freakin' cross post!!!

Old February 24th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JW[_2_]

Sorry that offends you...just trying to get the problem solved for my
daughter who has an infant. Surely you can see the urgency in this...or not.
Joe

t...

Old February 24th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

JW wrote:
> Sorry that offends you...just trying to get the problem solved for my
> daughter who has an infant. Surely you can see the urgency in this...or not.
> Joe

my heart bleeds - like you're the only one. learn to cross post so do
don't waste any more time for the people that are giving you FREE help.

Old February 25th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
harry

I had similar issue when we first received the car last year.
It seems the new car has sensitive electronic componet which does not like
metal (i.e whole of keys) gets close to it.
Try get rid of all metal stuff from the key chain, at least that's how I
solved my wife's problem.
Women tend to love to bundle everything to their car key.

My Toyota also has IC chip in the key but the remote function is located in
another piece. It seems less picky...

Old February 25th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

harry wrote:
> I had similar issue when we first received the car last year.
> It seems the new car has sensitive electronic componet which does not like
> metal (i.e whole of keys) gets close to it.
> Try get rid of all metal stuff from the key chain, at least that's how I
> solved my wife's problem.
> Women tend to love to bundle everything to their car key.

-----------------------------------

But Harry, your symptom was a dead give-away, since the immobilizer icon
on the dash was flashing the picture of the KEY.

See these TSB's for more about Accord immobilizers:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/a...ex.html#accord

JW's daughter also said it sputtered and stumbled once it did start,
which is a good indication of flooding.

'Curly'

2000 Acord LX Engine Light code P1457 frank777 Honda 5 February 8th 07 01:02 AM
acord '01 tires caliaccord Honda 0 May 4th 06 08:46 AM
VSS diagnosis? Steve Bigelow Honda 1 July 11th 05 01:17 AM
diagnosis please [email protected] VW air cooled 9 May 25th 05 07:03 PM
89 honda acord trkbyer Honda 0 April 17th 05 02:57 AM