Coolant boiling after car stop

Old November 2nd 05, 07:12 AM
quangcar

Default Coolant boiling after car stop

Anyone know or have the same problem as my: Every time I stop my after
drive , I can see the coolant in expansion tank is boiling ! I checked the
level ; even it below the mark or same level as the mark . It still boiling
after the car park ! The coolant boiling and sometime even coming off from
the expansion tank ! Anyone know why it happen like that ? Quang

Old November 2nd 05, 07:28 AM
Earle Horton

It helps to identify the vehicle, but a bad thermal radiator fan clutch is a
likely culprit. On some types of vehicle, it would be an electric radiator
fan that is the problem.

Earle

lkaboutautos.com...

Old November 2nd 05, 11:44 PM
Eric

Possibilty of too much water in the mix. Get an antifreeze tester at
the local autoparts store, and check your mixture. Also, how old
is the coolant?

Eric

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 02:12:29 -0500, "quangcar"

Old November 3rd 05, 07:25 AM
quangcar

Thanks for the tips. What is the thermal radiator fan clutch ? Where is it
location and what it does ? It is 1994 jeep grand cherokee !

Old November 3rd 05, 07:27 AM
quangcar

Radiator cap have been changed new . The old one, for some reason it got a
litle cut on it so I got new one . Thanks!

Old November 3rd 05, 07:38 AM
Earle Horton

It is bolted to the engine-driven fan, behind the radiator. Besides causing
problems like this, its main function is to delay fan operation until the
engine reaches operating temperature. Some (maybe a lot of) manual
dexterity is required to replace it. If you have an additional, electric,
radiator fan, the control circuitry for that may have problems too.

Earle

lkaboutautos.com...

Old November 3rd 05, 07:39 AM
quangcar

Old November 3rd 05, 01:46 PM
Billy Ray

Do you still have the boil-over problem now that the radiator cap has been
replaced?

--
(remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic