Engine clicking noise - Wrangler 2005

Old August 3rd 05, 02:10 AM

Default Engine clicking noise - Wrangler 2005

Hi,

I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler Sport 2005 last week. I started to hear
engine clicking noise at 2000-2500 RPMs. It's coming from the front left
(near front antena corner). The problem just started to develop. I didn't
hear this noise when picking the vehical. Any idea what went wrong?

Thanks

Old August 3rd 05, 10:58 AM
popeyeball

H,
Go to a big parking lot late at night when it's empty. Bring someone
to drive for you. Get yourself under the hood with a torch and look
for the clicking sound
OR
take it to the dealer for warranty work.
I'd choose the second personally.
Steve

Old August 6th 05, 07:24 PM
Patrick ΤΏΤ

Instead of a torch, he might need to use a flashlight. :-)

Patrick
ΤΏΤ

oups.com...

Old August 7th 05, 03:51 PM
jaco

in some parts of the world a 'torch' is the same as a 'flashlight'

Old August 7th 05, 04:15 PM
Billy Ray

In some parts of the world you use a torch in place of a flashlight.

Old August 7th 05, 05:01 PM
Patrick ΤΏΤ

ture, and in some parts of the world, you use a flashlight to see the bolt
that you are going to cut of with a torch. I was joking around, wasnt sure
if OP was familiar with torch being also a flashlight

Patrick
ΤΏΤ

Old August 7th 05, 06:16 PM
Dave Milne

Given I'm in one of those parts of the world that only has torches, what's a
flashlight then ? I thought it was just US for torch.

--
Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old August 7th 05, 06:39 PM
Billy Ray

A flashlight is one of those things you put batteries in and push a button
to make light come out.

A torch can be a soldering/welding tool that burns propane, acetylene, etc.
or it can be a stick wrapped with rags on one end that is soaked in tar or
pitch, etc and set alight. It is then carried upright for allumination
(villagers chasing Frankenstein)

I was referring to the burning stick being used instead of a flashlight
(torch).

. uk...

Old August 7th 05, 06:52 PM
Dave Milne

aha, we call those all "torch", but the second one "welding torch".

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ