injection system failure

Old April 24th 05, 02:29 AM
john dude via CarKB.com

Default injection system failure

i have an n reg alfa 145 cloverleaf,the injection system failure
light keeps coming up on dash,whilst driving,how do i fix this,and where is
the said part located in the engine bay,all help much appreciated.
Old April 24th 05, 03:39 PM
alfistagj

Could be many things.
Fuel pressure / dirty injectors / loose contact somewhere.
Best/quickest thing to do is to hook up to the diagnosis computer at a good
garage.
How does the car perform? Mileage?

--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"john dude via CarKB.com" > schreef in bericht

Old April 24th 05, 07:11 PM
bobdabilda

"john dude via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
>i have an n reg alfa 145 cloverleaf,the injection system failure
> light keeps coming up on dash,whilst driving,how do i fix this,and where
> is
> the said part located in the engine bay,all help much appreciated.

The injector light doesn't mean the injection system has failed, it means
that a sensor is giving an abnormal reading.

Try http://forum.alfa145.com for help.
We'll need a few more details, though...

Old April 24th 05, 10:36 PM
john dude via CarKB.com

it peforms very good,its got 117,800 on the clock,just done all the major
engine jobs,timing belt,tensioners the lot,even a new oil pump.

Old April 24th 05, 11:35 PM
Andy Wilson

"john dude via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
>i have an n reg alfa 145 cloverleaf,the injection system failure
> light keeps coming up on dash,whilst driving,how do i fix this,and where
> is
> the said part located in the engine bay,all help much appreciated.

I had the same symptoms on my GTV and the only problem was low coolant.

Andy Wilson