Ford Flex for 2009

Old April 6th 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest

Default Ford Flex for 2009

Ford to build crossover vehicle at Oakville plant

Ford Motor Co. confirmed yesterday that a new minivan replacement will be
built at its plant in Oakville, Ont. The Ford Flex, unveiled at the New
York Auto Show yesterday, is a seven-passenger crossover utility vehicle
that will go on sale next year as a 2009 model year vehicle. It's based on
the Ford Fairlane concept vehicle that was unveiled at an auto show in
Detroit in 2005. Designer Ralph Lauren played in a role in designing the
vehicle, which is aimed at capturing minivan buyers. Ford stopped making
minivans at the Oakville plant last year and will no longer offer them. F
(NYSE) fell 4 cents (U.S.) to $8.04.
Old April 6th 07, 01:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

The car looks great but what would possess them to call it Flex? Surely
they've got some good names in their portfolio, like Galaxie maybe or
Fairlane or Country Squire or Country Sedan.

max

Old April 6th 07, 02:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
STUK

I did some work in the old truck plant a few years ago.They called it the
"Flex" plant then. I always thought they meant it for a "flexible" vehicle
line that was meant to be adapted quickly for changing models. Maybe it was
and they liked the name so much they decided to call a model from it????
StuK

"MagisterMax" > wrote in message
> The car looks great but what would possess them to call it Flex? Surely
> they've got some good names in their portfolio, like Galaxie maybe or
> Fairlane or Country Squire or Country Sedan.
>
> max
>
> "guest" > wrote in message
>> Ford to build crossover vehicle at Oakville plant
>>
>> Ford Motor Co. confirmed yesterday that a new minivan replacement will be
>> built at its plant in Oakville, Ont. The Ford Flex, unveiled at the New
>> York Auto Show yesterday, is a seven-passenger crossover utility vehicle
>> that will go on sale next year as a 2009 model year vehicle. It's based
>> on
>> the Ford Fairlane concept vehicle that was unveiled at an auto show in
>> Detroit in 2005. Designer Ralph Lauren played in a role in designing the
>> vehicle, which is aimed at capturing minivan buyers. Ford stopped making
>> minivans at the Oakville plant last year and will no longer offer them. F
>> (NYSE) fell 4 cents (U.S.) to $8.04.

2009 is going to be neat Big Al[_1_] Ford Mustang 7 December 21st 06 10:42 AM
Volkswagen, Opel plan crossovers by 2009 rob Auto Photos 0 December 4th 06 10:48 AM
Horrible Flex Jeepster Jeep 4 March 24th 06 03:15 AM
2009 Mustang News [email protected] Ford Mustang 3 March 13th 06 06:55 PM
Mustang Competition - 2009 Camaro Jimmy Ford Mustang 4 December 11th 05 05:42 AM