10 Reasons to Try PCLinuxOS

Old January 26th 07, 05:11 PM posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 10 Reasons to Try PCLinuxOS

PCLinuxOS, Distros, and 10 reasons to try PCLinuxOS.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.or

Old January 26th 07, 07:59 PM posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
flatfish+++

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:11:51 -0800, schestowitz wrote:

> PCLinuxOS, Distros, and 10 reasons to try PCLinuxOS.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | 1. It's drop dead gorgeous, and very professional looking.
> | 2. The Beryl/Compiz 3D acceleration effects are terrific--much
> | better than any other distro I've tried.
> | 3. The repository has over 5000 packages, and updates are
> | incredibly prompt, smooth, and easy to do. Synaptic, the GUI
> | package manager works easily and reliably with the repository's
> | RPM packages. Dependency issues are usually well handled. All
> | the development programs and libraries are up to date.
> | 4. An up to date KDE version (3.5.6).
> | 5. Bugs, problems, and issues are promptly fixed.
> | 6. The PCLinuxOS community is positive and helpful.
> | Documentation is excellent. Support is excellent.
> | 7. It's quick and snappy.
> | 8. Everything works.
> | 9. Its very easy to install ... and ...
> | 10. It doesn't require the largess and financial backing
> | of a millionaire to keep it going.
> `----
>
> http://www.tuxmachines.or

It's about time that Roy posted something that was factual.
While I can't comment on #2 because I have not tried that stuff, the other
9 are right on the money.

As for #10, it's true.
Shuttlecock's money has certainly helped push ubuntu, which is buggy and
not as good as PCLinuxOS (IMHO) to the top of distrowatch overall.

Old January 26th 07, 09:23 PM posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Damian O'Leary

wrote:

> PCLinuxOS, Distros, and 10 reasons to try PCLinuxOS.
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | 1. It's drop dead gorgeous, and very professional looking.
> | 2. The Beryl/Compiz 3D acceleration effects are terrific--much
> | better than any other distro I've tried.

Why is it any different? Answer : it isn't. FUD.

> | 3. The repository has over 5000 packages, and updates are
> | incredibly prompt, smooth, and easy to do. Synaptic, the GUI

No smoother than Ubuntu breed.

> | package manager works easily and reliably with the repository's
> | RPM packages. Dependency issues are usually well handled. All
> | the development programs and libraries are up to date.
> | 4. An up to date KDE version (3.5.6).
> | 5. Bugs, problems, and issues are promptly fixed.

Guesswork.

> | 6. The PCLinuxOS community is positive and helpful.
> | Documentation is excellent. Support is excellent.

Unlike this NG.

> | 7. It's quick and snappy.
> | 8. Everything works.

No. Not everything works. Who wrote this? A fanboy?

> | 9. Its very easy to install ... and ...
> | 10. It doesn't require the largess and financial backing
> | of a millionaire to keep it going.

What does this mean?

http://www.tuxmachines.or

Old January 27th 07, 12:30 AM posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoStop

flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:11:51 -0800, schestowitz wrote:
>
>> PCLinuxOS, Distros, and 10 reasons to try PCLinuxOS.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | 1. It's drop dead gorgeous, and very professional looking.
>> | 2. The Beryl/Compiz 3D acceleration effects are terrific--much
>> | better than any other distro I've tried.
>> | 3. The repository has over 5000 packages, and updates are
>> | incredibly prompt, smooth, and easy to do. Synaptic, the GUI
>> | package manager works easily and reliably with the repository's
>> | RPM packages. Dependency issues are usually well handled. All
>> | the development programs and libraries are up to date.
>> | 4. An up to date KDE version (3.5.6).
>> | 5. Bugs, problems, and issues are promptly fixed.
>> | 6. The PCLinuxOS community is positive and helpful.
>> | Documentation is excellent. Support is excellent.
>> | 7. It's quick and snappy.
>> | 8. Everything works.
>> | 9. Its very easy to install ... and ...
>> | 10. It doesn't require the largess and financial backing
>> | of a millionaire to keep it going.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tuxmachines.or

> It's about time that Roy posted something that was factual.
> While I can't comment on #2 because I have not tried that stuff, the other
> 9 are right on the money.
>
> As for #10, it's true.
> Shuttlecock's money has certainly helped push ubuntu, which is buggy and
> not as good as PCLinuxOS (IMHO) to the top of distrowatch overall.

Yeh but it runs KDE which is only around to make it easier for Wintards like
you able to open web browser in Linux.

Cheers.

--

"Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats to
security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating

Old January 27th 07, 05:02 AM posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:11:51 -0800, schestowitz wrote:
>
>> PCLinuxOS, Distros, and 10 reasons to try PCLinuxOS.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | 1. It's drop dead gorgeous, and very professional looking.
>> | 2. The Beryl/Compiz 3D acceleration effects are terrific--much
>> | better than any other distro I've tried.
>> | 3. The repository has over 5000 packages, and updates are
>> | incredibly prompt, smooth, and easy to do. Synaptic, the GUI
>> | package manager works easily and reliably with the repository's
>> | RPM packages. Dependency issues are usually well handled. All
>> | the development programs and libraries are up to date.
>> | 4. An up to date KDE version (3.5.6).
>> | 5. Bugs, problems, and issues are promptly fixed.
>> | 6. The PCLinuxOS community is positive and helpful.
>> | Documentation is excellent. Support is excellent.
>> | 7. It's quick and snappy.
>> | 8. Everything works.
>> | 9. Its very easy to install ... and ...
>> | 10. It doesn't require the largess and financial backing
>> | of a millionaire to keep it going.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tuxmachines.or

> It's about time that Roy posted something that was factual.
> While I can't comment on #2 because I have not tried that stuff, the other
> 9 are right on the money.

It's about time Roy stop trolling and cross posting to a car news
group.

--
"One hard rule of sockpuppetry is that a sockpuppet
can't be smarter than its animator."
Old January 27th 07, 08:41 AM posted to comp.os.linux.advocacy,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ WindsorFox ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 05:02 \__

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:11:51 -0800, schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> PCLinuxOS, Distros, and 10 reasons to try PCLinuxOS.
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.tuxmachines.or

>> It's about time that Roy posted something that was factual.
>> While I can't comment on #2 because I have not tried that stuff, the other
>> 9 are right on the money.
>>

> It's about time Roy stop trolling and cross posting to a car news
> group.

It's an imposter. I didn't post this to a car newsgroup.

- --
~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | #ff0000 Hot Chilli Peppers
http://Schestowitz.com | Open Prospects ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Tasks: 134 total, 2 running, 130 sleeping, 0 stopped, 2 zombie

59,940 good reasons to go MacIntosh tomkanpa Chrysler 2 August 29th 05 01:58 AM
Two More Reasons Why I Ride the Train to Work Scott en Aztlán Driving 21 July 14th 05 05:48 AM
reasons for overheating enravi Honda 5 April 8th 05 03:42 AM
Reasons for rattles in my 2003 Golf? Tom Levigne VW water cooled 9 November 3rd 04 01:04 PM