1994 Dodge Caravan won't start

Old August 16th 06, 07:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 1994 Dodge Caravan won't start

I've got a 1994 caravan that turns over just fine but won't start.
I've checked the gas and there's enough. I checked the air filter and
it's fine. It's getting spark to the distributor... Could be a fuel
filter? Or a different electrical problem? Any advice would be much
appreciated.

Old August 16th 06, 07:26 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Forgot to mention: it turns over great, just won't catch.

Old August 16th 06, 12:20 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
DonTraboulsee

You can try taking the air inlet hose off the intake, squirt a small amount
of fuel in the intake and see if it starts, if it does but dies soon after,
you have reduced the possible problem to the fuel system. More than likely
it is you fuel pump in the tank. Hope this helps.

Old August 16th 06, 09:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Forgot to mention: it turns over great, just won't catch.

You also forgot to mention what engine it has. And you say it is getting
plenty of gas.......was a fuel pressure gauge connected to see what the
pressure readings were?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old August 17th 06, 12:14 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
DonTraboulsee

When you find out the solution, please post it here. Thanks

Old August 19th 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Ready Freddy

DonTraboulsee wrote:
> When you find out the solution, please post it here. Thanks

I'm having the same problem with my daughter's 94. It was running well
when she shut it off to do a little shopping. When she returned, it
would crank but wouldn't start. It seems that there isn't any voltage
getting to the coil. There is an Automatic Shutdown Relay and a Fuel
pump Relay, both which require a ground feed from the ECU. If the ECU
doesn't receive a signal from the distributer puckup it will shut down
that ground feed and no voltage is fed to the coil or the fuel pump.
There is a system fuse that I need to check. I think that it's number
16. It may have blown. This occurred during one of those extremely hot
days here in Chicago last week. I haven't gotten around to checking
that fuse because I'm waiting for my son to come over. He's a bit
smaller than me and can get under the dashboard to pull fuses. You may
have a similar problem. Let me know.

Fred Dunham