Front lockers

Old February 2nd 04, 09:55 AM
Zenteren

Default Front lockers

I have short wheel base 4x4 vehicle (Suzuki Samurai) with manual hubs on
front axles, allready have rear manual locker.
Never driving with 4x4 engaged on the paved roads, only hubs are locked and
in 2 wheel drive.
Is it better to put auto locker or manual locker in the front?

Old February 2nd 04, 02:24 PM
.boB

Zenteren wrote:

>I have short wheel base 4x4 vehicle (Suzuki Samurai) with manual hubs on
>front axles, allready have rear manual locker.
>Never driving with 4x4 engaged on the paved roads, only hubs are locked and
>in 2 wheel drive.
>Is it better to put auto locker or manual locker in the front?

Depends. The manuals are generally stronger than the autos, and
usually a little cheaper. But the autos are a little more convenient.
The purpose of the autos is that you can drive around in 2wd
without spinning the axles (saves fuel, wear and tear), and then when
things get a little dicey pop it into 4x4. Nice when you live in snow
country and some roads get plowed and some don't.

--
..boB
97 H-D FXDWG - Turbocharged!!

Old February 2nd 04, 02:24 PM
.boB

Old February 2nd 04, 03:45 PM
Zenteren

Yes, but how will front auto diff locker steer on slippery roads?

Old February 2nd 04, 03:45 PM
Zenteren

Old February 3rd 04, 12:59 AM
.boB

Zenteren wrote:

>Yes, but how will front auto diff locker steer on slippery roads?

Unless I am mistaken, we're talking about hubs, not differentials.
Whole different animal.