F1 99 - 02 setup change issue (car misbehaving)

Old August 3rd 05, 10:57 PM
gcorrigan

Default F1 99 - 02 setup change issue (car misbehaving)

If anyone has encountered this situation, and know the answer, could
you please comment.

In F1 99-02. Sometimes (for no apparent reason) my car using the same
setup will suddenly run slow. Its like a new setup has been loaded and
the cars characteristics eg straight-line speed will change. Checking
the setup in the garage proves no change.

As an example using RH season 04 and racing at Magny Cours using the
RH 04 set-up I will be pulling top revs in 7th gear down the back
straight. Then perhaps after a pit stop all of a sudden using the same
line the maximum on the next lap will be 5th gear.

What I am trying to determine is this a game issue or a problem.

I'm thinking it's a "sim" thing trying to replicate a problem in game
play, (I'm talking AI play not Online) but if so, it's appears too
offer to be a random generated thing.

I then thought that maybe the difficulty settings were changing, but I
always play in full mode with no aids.

Does this happen to you?
If so what is your conclusion

Thanks

Glenn
Australia

Old August 4th 05, 01:12 AM
Dave Henrie

wrote in news:42f13d81.233199828
@news.ozemail.com.au:

> If anyone has encountered this situation, and know the answer, could
> you please comment.
>
> In F1 99-02. Sometimes (for no apparent reason) my car using the same
> setup will suddenly run slow. Its like a new setup has been loaded and
> the cars characteristics eg straight-line speed will change. Checking
> the setup in the garage proves no change.
>
> As an example using RH season 04 and racing at Magny Cours using the
> RH 04 set-up I will be pulling top revs in 7th gear down the back
> straight. Then perhaps after a pit stop all of a sudden using the same
> line the maximum on the next lap will be 5th gear.
>
> What I am trying to determine is this a game issue or a problem.
>
> I'm thinking it's a "sim" thing trying to replicate a problem in game
> play, (I'm talking AI play not Online) but if so, it's appears too
> offer to be a random generated thing.
>
> I then thought that maybe the difficulty settings were changing, but I
> always play in full mode with no aids.
>
> Does this happen to you?
> If so what is your conclusion
>
> Thanks
>
> Glenn
> Australia

It could be several things. The black Logitech Momo FF Wheels are known
to lose calibration. You suddenly get a very slow car cuz the fully
depressed throttle thinks it's really only 75% depressed.
It could be something as simple as going from a near empty fuel tank to a
fully fueled one.(the bit about after the pitstop.)
Difficulty settings shouldn't affect your car's speed. Other things like
cornering or braking can be affected, but if your Ferrari tops out at
185mph in sim mode, it should also top out at 185mph will all assists on.

My bet is you have a Momo. You can go to the team wingman site and
dload a beta fix.(a beta fix that has been beta for over a year!)

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_so..._soft_main.htm

dave henrie
Old August 4th 05, 02:22 AM
gcorrigan

Dave, not only are you spot on, I do own a Momo, and wasnt aware of
that issue, but you are always so helpfull and thoughtful with your

Thanks so much, its not the first answer you have delivered to me, and
I'm sure your on the money with this suggestion.

thanks again for the timely response

Glenn

Old August 4th 05, 02:06 PM
Eldred Pickett

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:22:10 GMT,
wrote:

>Dave, not only are you spot on, I do own a Momo, and wasnt aware of
>that issue, but you are always so helpfull and thoughtful with your

I'm starting to suspect Dave works for a major computer/sim/accessory
manufacturer, since he know so much... No 'casual' gamer should have
that much knowledge about so many different things. It's
just...scary.<g>

Eldred
Old August 4th 05, 03:35 PM
tlgtr

If it is indeed your MOMO, (I have one and have the same problem in
all the games I play,) a very simple fix that has worked for me for a
couple of years now is to pause the game...unplug the pdals...and plug
them back in...bingo, you are back to normal. Sometimes I go for a
long time and don't need to do this and sometimes it is twice in one
race...

I have the latest software but it didn't seem to help me...maybe it's
just me.

Old August 4th 05, 07:28 PM
Dave Henrie

Eldred Pickett > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:22:10 GMT,
> wrote:
>
>>Dave, not only are you spot on, I do own a Momo, and wasnt aware of
>>that issue, but you are always so helpfull and thoughtful with your

> I'm starting to suspect Dave works for a major computer/sim/accessory
> manufacturer, since he know so much... No 'casual' gamer should have
> that much knowledge about so many different things. It's
> just...scary.<g>
>
> Eldred

well, lets just say most everything asked here has already happened to
me. I'm a walking train-wreck.

dh
Old August 4th 05, 10:46 PM
gcorrigan

Well do date it certainly fixed the problem. so Ive got noexcuses now

cheers all

NSR Video setup tip Steve Blankenship Simulators 3 January 28th 05 01:01 AM
BMW-525I - oil change frequency AGIND BMW 29 December 19th 04 02:11 PM
Oil Change intervals Mark Audi 1 October 23rd 04 07:29 PM
Gear change and Air Con Ballymoney Alfa Romeo 3 October 3rd 04 08:40 AM
1.8T Oil issue -- cost Libby Audi 35 September 23rd 04 03:14 PM