C4 Interior Lights Not Working

Old April 5th 09, 06:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default C4 Interior Lights Not Working

I hope someone can help me with a weird problem I am having with the
interior lights of my '94 corvette.

The mirror and door lights do not come on when it is dark out and a
door is opened.

I walked up to the car tonight, the drivers door unlocks and the cargo
lights come one, but the mirror and door lights don't light. I got in,
closed the door, started the engine, and the cargo lights went out. I
tried opening the passenger door and only the cargo lights come on. I
close the door and the cargo lights go out.

Additional information:

It was dark out.
The PKE is working correctly: I walk up and the drivers door unlocks.
I walk away and the door locks.
The amber lights on the doors and mirror work when the parking/
headlight are turned on..
The switch on the mirror WILL turn the mirror lights on.
Both door switches work because the cargo lights come on and go off.
The interior light switch only turns on the cargo lights.

I was into both door panels today and was unlocking and locking the
doors with the key in the ON position. Is there some kind of lock/
unlock sequence that programs the lights? Maybe I changed a setting?

Old April 5th 09, 02:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5

On Apr 5, 1:29*am, wrote:
> I hope someone can help me with a weird problem I am having with the
> interior lights of my '94 corvette.
>
> The mirror and door lights do not come on when it is dark out and a
> door is opened.
>
> I walked up to the car tonight, the drivers door unlocks and the cargo
> lights come one, but the mirror and door lights don't light. I got in,
> closed the door, started the engine, and the cargo lights went out. I
> tried opening the passenger door and only the cargo lights come on. I
> close the door and the cargo lights go out.
>
> Additional information:
>
> It was dark out.
> The PKE is working correctly: I walk up and the drivers door unlocks.
> I walk away and the door locks.
> The amber lights on the doors and mirror work when the parking/
> headlight are turned on..
> The switch on the mirror WILL turn the mirror lights on.
> Both door switches work because the cargo lights come on and go off.
> The interior light switch only turns on the cargo lights.
>
> I was into both door panels today and was unlocking and locking the
> doors with the key in the ON position. Is there some kind of lock/
> unlock sequence that programs the lights? Maybe I changed a setting?

You didn't say you checked the fuses - highly suspect since they are
all out.
Old April 5th 09, 03:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

If '94 same as '95 there are 2 five amp courtesy fuses, one for courtesy
cargo and manual map, one for courtesy map and foot well lights.

Old April 5th 09, 08:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Apr 5, 7:26*am, Bob I > wrote:
> If '94 same as '95 there are 2 five amp courtesy fuses, one for courtesy
> cargo and manual map, one for courtesy map and foot well lights.
>
> wrote:
> > I hope someone can help me with a weird problem I am having with the
> > interior lights of my '94 corvette.

> > The mirror and door lights do not come on when it is dark out and a
> > door is opened.

> > I walked up to the car tonight, the drivers door unlocks and the cargo
> > lights come one, but the mirror and door lights don't light. I got in,
> > closed the door, started the engine, and the cargo lights went out. I
> > tried opening the passenger door and only the cargo lights come on. I
> > close the door and the cargo lights go out.

> > Additional information:

> > It was dark out.
> > The PKE is working correctly: I walk up and the drivers door unlocks.
> > I walk away and the door locks.
> > The amber lights on the doors and mirror work when the parking/
> > headlight are turned on..
> > The switch on the mirror WILL turn the mirror lights on.
> > Both door switches work because the cargo lights come on and go off.
> > The interior light switch only turns on the cargo lights.

> > I was into both door panels today and was unlocking and locking the
> > doors with the key in the ON position. Is there some kind of lock/
> > unlock sequence that programs the lights? Maybe I changed a setting?

Thank you for the advice. I checked the fuses and they are all good,
but it is light out, so the interior lights are not coming on. I also
realized when I was checking the fuses that there is another light in
the passengers foot well that was not lighting last night; It was
completely dark in the passenger compartment.
Old April 6th 09, 12:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

wrote:
> On Apr 5, 7:26 am, Bob I > wrote:
>> If '94 same as '95 there are 2 five amp courtesy fuses, one for courtesy
>> cargo and manual map, one for courtesy map and foot well lights.
>>
>> wrote:
>>> I hope someone can help me with a weird problem I am having with the
>>> interior lights of my '94 corvette.
>>> The mirror and door lights do not come on when it is dark out and a
>>> door is opened.
>>> I walked up to the car tonight, the drivers door unlocks and the cargo
>>> lights come one, but the mirror and door lights don't light. I got in,
>>> closed the door, started the engine, and the cargo lights went out. I
>>> tried opening the passenger door and only the cargo lights come on. I
>>> close the door and the cargo lights go out.
>>> Additional information:
>>> It was dark out.
>>> The PKE is working correctly: I walk up and the drivers door unlocks.
>>> I walk away and the door locks.
>>> The amber lights on the doors and mirror work when the parking/
>>> headlight are turned on..
>>> The switch on the mirror WILL turn the mirror lights on.
>>> Both door switches work because the cargo lights come on and go off.
>>> The interior light switch only turns on the cargo lights.
>>> I was into both door panels today and was unlocking and locking the
>>> doors with the key in the ON position. Is there some kind of lock/
>>> unlock sequence that programs the lights? Maybe I changed a setting?

> Thank you for the advice. I checked the fuses and they are all good,
> but it is light out, so the interior lights are not coming on. I also
> realized when I was checking the fuses that there is another light in
> the passengers foot well that was not lighting last night; It was
> completely dark in the passenger compartment.

Cover the light sensor in the dash to make the system play nighttime. Is
the bulb in the foot well burned out?
Old April 6th 09, 03:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Bob I wrote:

> wrote:
>> On Apr 5, 7:26 am, Bob I > wrote:
>>> If '94 same as '95 there are 2 five amp courtesy fuses, one for courtesy
>>> cargo and manual map, one for courtesy map and foot well lights.

>> Thank you for the advice. I checked the fuses and they are all good,
>> but it is light out, so the interior lights are not coming on. I also
>> realized when I was checking the fuses that there is another light in
>> the passengers foot well that was not lighting last night; It was
>> completely dark in the passenger compartment.

> Cover the light sensor in the dash to make the system play nighttime. Is
> the bulb in the foot well burned out?

I'd start looking for a bad ground.
--
pj