Farmington NC show

Old October 19th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default Farmington NC show

what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
Very nice weather. And yes another one of the VW's I did won.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF

couldn't have asked for a better day.
Old October 20th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 19, 3:32 pm, " > wrote:
> what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
> been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
> Very nice weather. And yes another one of the VW's I did won.
>
> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF
>
> couldn't have asked for a better day.

Big surprise, a dead on sideways shot that doesn't show ****... except
I can see the front hood seems to have some sort of fit issue. Where
the **** is the top? Oh, right, probably sitting awaiting some bondo
patches in your, er, "shop." Riiiiiiiight.
Old October 20th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Neil[_8_]

> wrote in message
> what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
> been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
> Very nice weather. And yes another one of the VW's I did won.
>
> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF
>
> couldn't have asked for a better day.

Did what?....changed a wheel?

Neil

Old October 20th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message
> what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
> been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
> Very nice weather. And yes another one of the VW's I did won.
>
> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF
>
> couldn't have asked for a better day.

here's the shot that says it all...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121CuqQmM

so, what place did you "win"? it didn't take first in class....

Old October 20th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Leopold Stotch[_2_]

wrote:
> what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
> been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
> Very nice weather. And yes another one of the VW's I did won.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF

> couldn't have asked for a better day.

Congratulations Mario. I must confess that I didn't realize that
Farmington had started giving out trophies for "Restoration with Most
Body Filler". How do they grade that, "Body Filler as a percentage of
total car weight" or is it graded on the basis of surface area, i.e.
"Percentage of Body Surface Covered by Body Filler"? Either way, I
suspect you were at the top of the class. Who sponsors that award,
3M/Bondo?

Once again, congratulations. If only Joan had realized that she was
paying for a potential Farmington winner she might have been more
appreciative.

Old October 20th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Oct 20, 12:32*am, Leopold Stotch > wrote:
> wrote:
> > what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
> > been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
> > Very nice weather. *And yes another one of the VW's I did won.

> >http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF

> > couldn't have asked for a better day.

> Congratulations Mario. *I must confess that I didn't realize that
> Farmington had started giving out trophies for "Restoration with Most
> Body Filler". *How do they grade that, "Body Filler as a percentage of
> total car weight" or is it graded on the basis of surface area, i.e.
> "Percentage of Body Surface Covered by Body Filler"? *Either way, I
> suspect you were at the top of the class. *Who sponsors that award,
> 3M/Bondo?
>
> Once again, congratulations. *If only Joan had realized that she was
> paying for a potential Farmington winner she might have been more
> appreciative.

you puppets can't trip over yourselves fast enough can you? how
pithedic as usual, i don't see one of you with anything that could
compete.

Old October 20th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Neil[_8_]

> > what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
> > been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
> > Very nice weather. And yes another one of the VW's I did won.

> >http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF

> > couldn't have asked for a better day.

> Congratulations Mario. I must confess that I didn't realize that
> Farmington had started giving out trophies for "Restoration with Most
> Body Filler". How do they grade that, "Body Filler as a percentage of
> total car weight" or is it graded on the basis of surface area, i.e.
> "Percentage of Body Surface Covered by Body Filler"? Either way, I
> suspect you were at the top of the class. Who sponsors that award,
> 3M/Bondo?
>
> Once again, congratulations. If only Joan had realized that she was
> paying for a potential Farmington winner she might have been more
> appreciative.

you puppets can't trip over yourselves fast enough can you? how
pithedic as usual, i don't see one of you with anything that could
compete.

From what I have read, you just DONT SEE...full stop?
You certainly cant read and write properly, so that may be down to the lack
of vision as well?

On a curious note, what does pethedic mean?. Is that an American word, or
did you mean "Pathetic"? A word that DOES seem to describe yourself?

Neil

Old October 20th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

> wrote in message

>you puppets can't trip over yourselves fast enough can you? how
>pithedic as usual, i don't see one of you with anything that could
>compete.

Must have been a third in class... far from a "win"...but congrats anyway...
not bad for a sand and spray...

Old October 20th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Oct 20, 7:54*am, "Neil" > wrote:
> > > what a great show today. There was alot of VWs there today, could have
> > > been near 200. I haven't seen a turn out like this in many years.
> > > Very nice weather. And yes another one of the VW's I did won.

> > >http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01866121VcZyXF

> > > couldn't have asked for a better day.

> > Congratulations Mario. I must confess that I didn't realize that
> > Farmington had started giving out trophies for "Restoration with Most
> > Body Filler". How do they grade that, "Body Filler as a percentage of
> > total car weight" or is it graded on the basis of surface area, i.e.
> > "Percentage of Body Surface Covered by Body Filler"? Either way, I
> > suspect you were at the top of the class. Who sponsors that award,
> > 3M/Bondo?

> > Once again, congratulations. If only Joan had realized that she was
> > paying for a potential Farmington winner she might have been more
> > appreciative.

> you puppets can't trip over yourselves fast enough can you? *how
> pithedic as usual, i don't see one of you with anything that could
> compete.
>
> From what I have read, you just DONT SEE...full stop?
> You certainly cant read and write properly, so that may be down to the lack
> of vision as well?
>
> On a curious note, what does pethedic mean?. Is that an American word, or
> did you mean "Pathetic"? A word that DOES seem to describe yourself?
>
> Neil- Hide quoted text -

my vision is better then 20/20 but thanks for your concern

to get back on topic Dave's 70 vert was in real bad shape. the heater
channels and rails including complete luggage tray,wheel well ,kick
paneland of coarse floor pans. I think he was in shock over everything
at the show. He also has a rail and has had VW's in the past including
a 57 baja.(I think it was done in the early 70"s when ovals were a
"dime a dozen")

You can tell alot of people has done alot of work to have the nice
cars that were there. They even had the 1963 rag-top beetle spinning
on a pedistal.

There also seemed to be alot from out of state . I hope we see this
continue and grow. I'll do my part.
Old October 20th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Oct 20, 5:35 am, " > wrote:

> > > Congratulations Mario. I must confess that I didn't realize that
> > > Farmington had started giving out trophies for "Restoration with Most
> > > Body Filler". How do they grade that, "Body Filler as a percentage of
> > > total car weight" or is it graded on the basis of surface area, i.e.
> > > "Percentage of Body Surface Covered by Body Filler"? Either way, I
> > > suspect you were at the top of the class. Who sponsors that award,
> > > 3M/Bondo?

> > > Once again, congratulations. If only Joan had realized that she was
> > > paying for a potential Farmington winner she might have been more
> > > appreciative.

> > you puppets can't trip over yourselves fast enough can you? how
> > pithedic as usual, i don't see one of you with anything that could
> > compete.

> > From what I have read, you just DONT SEE...full stop?
> > You certainly cant read and write properly, so that may be down to the lack
> > of vision as well?

> > On a curious note, what does pethedic mean?. Is that an American word, or
> > did you mean "Pathetic"? A word that DOES seem to describe yourself?

> > Neil- Hide quoted text -

> my vision is better then 20/20 but thanks for your concern
>
> to get back on topic Dave's 70 vert was in real bad shape. the heater
> channels and rails including complete luggage tray,wheel well ,kick
> paneland of coarse floor pans. I think he was in shock over everything
> at the show. He also has a rail and has had VW's in the past including
> a 57 baja.(I think it was done in the early 70"s when ovals were a
> "dime a dozen")
>
> You can tell alot of people has done alot of work to have the nice
> cars that were there. They even had the 1963 rag-top beetle spinning
> on a pedistal.
>
> There also seemed to be alot from out of state . I hope we see this
> continue and grow. I'll do my part.

You keep doing your part, and people will flock away from the VW
scene. Douche bag.