car of Yucca Flats

Old July 19th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LLBrown

Default car of Yucca Flats

Ok, I am sorry for bringing this up to you all, you have been kind to me in
the past and I repay you like this. There is a HORRID movie named "The
Beast of Yucca Flats" staring Tor Johnson (that should tell you something)
and in the movie is a car I don't know. Have you seen the movie? Can you
ID the car? It is a rear engine, air cooled car that has air slits in the
rear hood I think. I think it may have been a little bigger than a beetle
but it ain't a beetle or even a VW for that fact.

If you haven't seen the movie can you suggest some other VW like cars that
would have made it to the US in the late 50s or early 60s?

It is not a Corvair, and not one of the post Beetle VWs.

Regards,
LLB

PS.. the Beast of Yucca Flats may be the worst movie ever.

Old July 19th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
El Maximo

"LLBrown" > wrote in message
t...

> If you haven't seen the movie can you suggest some other VW like cars that
> would have made it to the US in the late 50s or early 60s?

It looks like it's up on youtube, if anyone wants to spend the time watching
it.

Old July 19th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LLBrown

"El Maximo" > wrote in message
> "LLBrown" > wrote in message
> t...
>
>> If you haven't seen the movie can you suggest some other VW like cars
>> that would have made it to the US in the late 50s or early 60s?

> It looks like it's up on youtube, if anyone wants to spend the time
> watching it.

I really can't ask anyone to actually watch the film if they haven't already
done so, it is so poorly done in so many ways. A classic of sorts......bad
sorts.

LLB

Old July 20th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Karl

Sounds like you are describing a Renault 4CV. Just a guess since I gave not seen the film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_4CV

t...

Old July 20th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LLBrown

Karl got it correct! I went back and checked the film against the wikipedia
article, the cars are the same. I also Googled images on the 4CV and they
showed a convertable like in the movie.

If you want to watch this mess it is on youtube right at the 9:00 minute
mark in the movie. Here is the address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bm1Bd83qrc

Thanks again Karl.

Regards,

LLBrown

Run-Flats TJB BMW 3 May 13th 06 03:03 PM
C5 - Tire Pressure in Non-Run Flats Mike Corvette 5 May 2nd 06 08:41 PM
Continental Run-flats Tom K. BMW 3 January 16th 06 03:51 PM
Two flats in one day Oppie Saturn 0 March 27th 05 12:33 AM
any opinions on using plugs to fix flats on tires ?? news BMW 23 October 6th 04 07:12 PM