1987 Audi 5000 Timing Belt

Old October 5th 04, 10:58 PM
marti

.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=5494
>I see you also bought it on sale too!! ;-)
>later,
>dave
>Reminder........
>Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
>when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
>shoes. Frieda Norris

The correct size for the crankshaft pulley bold was 27mmm
just as it was prviously stated.

"It's a 27mm. Like the other poster, I've used a 1/2" socket with a
three foot breaker bar and a three foot section of pole-vaulting pole
at the end of that."

However, I am going with the 3/4" 27mm socket..

Btw.
Anybody having access to a local Harborfreigt Store miight
want to look around there sometimes.

I have become addicted to some of
their bargains. I guess it is in the genes.
Marti-

Old October 7th 04, 03:04 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Sounds great marti!!! thanks for confirming that it is a 27mm. :-)

so you are back rolling in it now?

Yeah I have been using my HF concrete mixer and creating a driveway to park
my vehicles.
I have two HF stores that are local to me and have been to both! I try to
limit my spending habits in those stores! lol

later,
dave

"marti" .> wrote in message
news
> On 05 Oct 2004 18:20:01 GMT,

snip

Old October 8th 04, 03:23 AM
marti

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 02:04:36 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:

>Sounds great marti!!! thanks for confirming that it is a 27mm. :-)
>
>so you are back rolling in it now?
>
>Yeah I have been using my HF concrete mixer and creating a driveway to park
>my vehicles.
>I have two HF stores that are local to me and have been to both! I try to
>limit my spending habits in those stores! lol
>
>later,
>dave
>

>"marti" .> wrote in message
>news
>> On 05 Oct 2004 18:20:01 GMT,

>snip
>
>> The correct size for the crankshaft pulley bold was 27mmm
>> just as it was prviously stated.
>>
>> "It's a 27mm. Like the other poster, I've used a 1/2" socket with a
>> three foot breaker bar and a three foot section of pole-vaulting pole
>> at the end of that."
>>
>> However, I am going with the 3/4" 27mm socket..
>>
>> Btw.
>> Anybody having access to a local Harborfreigt Store miight
>> want to look around there sometimes.
>>
>> I have become addicted to some of
>> their bargains. I guess it is in the genes.
>> Marti-

I think I have to wait for a week or so going
back to my Audi, due to an interruption:

To-day I had a drug-eluding Cypher Stent
put into one of my coronary arteries.

Procedure was faster than repacing the timing belt
but much more expensive. But now that pump is
working properly!

Marti-

Timing belt change - 1996 Audi A6 (2.6 litre V6) - what's involved? John Prendergast Audi 4 September 9th 04 04:23 PM
Timing belt on 1996 2.8 Wayne Mak Audi 6 September 6th 04 02:38 PM
Timing Belt Change Simon Audi 10 August 26th 04 04:52 AM
Cam belt break down on A4 - DON'T BUY AUDI ANYMORE !!! John Smith Audi 5 July 21st 04 11:02 PM
78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM