where the heck is the gas filter on a Dodge Stealth?

Old July 15th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KYHighlander

Default where the heck is the gas filter on a Dodge Stealth?

Need to find the gas filter on a dodge stealth, anyone know where it could
be?

Thanks

Old July 15th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Art[_1_]

On most newer cars it is in the gas tank and lasts 100k miles or more.

Old July 15th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman

On my 1991 300GT (same as Stealth), the gas filter is along the firewall in
front of the driver, down low near the bottom of the vehicle. If I recall
correctly, I had to remove the windshield washer reservoir, the battery, and
the battery tray to get access. Most likely yours is in a similar place.
Good luck.

Bob

Old July 16th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KYHighlander

No this one is an inline one. I checked at Advanced, but they didn't know
where it was.

Thanks
KY

nk.net...

Old July 16th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KYHighlander

Thanks Bob, my stealth is not a turbo, is your 3000 a turbo?

t...

Old July 16th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KYHighlander

By any chance are you in Europe? My battery and windshield washer resevoir
are on the passenger side (right side of vehicle) not the driver's.

t...

Old July 17th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman

Mine is not a turbo and is not a European model either. Sorry for the typo
in the previous email. You are correct that it is on the passenger side,
but the other info I provided was accurate for my model year based on the
fuel filter replacement procedure in the DSM FSM. Proper order is remove
battery, remove battery tray, remove washer reservoir, access filter way
down there!

Good luck.

Bob

Old July 17th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KYHighlander

Ok thanks again. I'm very easily confused so I had to clear that up. LOL

KY

"Bob Shuman" > wrote in message
. net...
> Mine is not a turbo and is not a European model either. Sorry for the
> typo in the previous email. You are correct that it is on the passenger
> side, but the other info I provided was accurate for my model year based
> on the fuel filter replacement procedure in the DSM FSM. Proper order is
> remove battery, remove battery tray, remove washer reservoir, access
> filter way down there!
>
> Good luck.
>
> Bob
>

> "KYHighlander" > wrote in message
>> By any chance are you in Europe? My battery and windshield washer
>> resevoir are on the passenger side (right side of vehicle) not the
>> driver's.
>>

>> "Bob Shuman" > wrote in message
>> t...
>>> On my 1991 300GT (same as Stealth), the gas filter is along the firewall
>>> in front of the driver, down low near the bottom of the vehicle. If I
>>> recall correctly, I had to remove the windshield washer reservoir, the
>>> battery, and the battery tray to get access. Most likely yours is in a
>>> similar place. Good luck.
>>>
>>> Bob

91 Dodge Stealth ES Alternator B Technology 3 February 2nd 06 10:04 PM
Dodge Stealth 92 information on car nadine langston Dodge 0 December 26th 05 01:15 AM
Dodge Stealth 92 information on nadine langston Dodge 0 December 26th 05 01:14 AM
92 dodge stealth 92dodgestealth Dodge 4 May 30th 05 02:16 AM
91 Dodge Stealth ES Transmission... SeXy Bl0nDe BiTcH Dodge 0 January 3rd 05 11:10 PM