MANY MANY more Corvette ZR1 killers on their way

Old March 9th 09, 07:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
Sal

Default MANY MANY more Corvette ZR1 killers on their way

Everyone knows that the Viper ACR and GTR Spec-V have already been
released and they've both bested the ZR1 at the Nurburgring (The Viper
officially and the Spec-V unoficially).
There are MANY MANY more ZR1 killers on the way though. The Audi R8
V-10, The Lexus LF-A, The Lamborghini Murcielago LP670(like the Spec-
V version of the Murcielago),

Ofcourse there are cars for a long time ago that are now antique
technology like the Enzo Ferrari, Maserati MC12, Pagani Zonda F, etc.

Hell, the fact is that there are many modded GTIs, STIs, EVOs, RX-7s,
etc that would CRUSH a ZR1 at the ring, or at the drag strip for 1/2
or 1/3rd the price.
This Supra is the FASTEST STREET LEGAL CAR ON THE CONTINENT at the
present time with a top speed of >285 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jE5OCH0-Bg
It will destroy ANY STREET LEGAL CORVETTE IN HISTORY.
Here's a little Golf that costs FAR FAR FAR less than a ZR1 but would
CRUSH the ZR1 by over 30 seconds at the RING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAnr4s4Crc
Notice how easily it blows by the Enzo Ferrari and the Murcielago
LP640.

Old March 9th 09, 10:52 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
ZÿRiX

Well as long as we are comparing apples to oranges, here is the fastest car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-x...eature=related

--

ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old March 9th 09, 05:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud[_3_]

That's nothin'. This Z beat a Blue Angel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x58iQ...eature=related

And it was only a C5.

Now get back to your home work Sally.

Old March 9th 09, 08:13 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
Sal

On Mar 9, 6:52*am, ZÿRiX > wrote:
> Well as long as we are comparing apples to oranges, here is the fastest carhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8&feature=related
>
> --
>
> * * * * *ZÿRiX
> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Everyone knows that, but it's not a production, or even a street legal
car.
Old March 11th 09, 05:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
Spud[_3_]

> Well as long as we are comparing apples to oranges, here is the fastest
> car
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-x...eature=related

Wow!!!! That beats the crap out of a Supra!!!!

Old March 24th 09, 11:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 9, 2:29*am, Sal > wrote:
> Everyone knows that the Viper ACR and GTR Spec-V have already been
> released and they've both bested the ZR1 at the Nurburgring (The Viper
> officially and the Spec-V unoficially).
> There are MANY MANY more ZR1 killers on the way though. The Audi R8
> V-10, The Lexus LF-A, *The Lamborghini Murcielago LP670(like the Spec-
> V version of the Murcielago),
>
> Ofcourse there are cars for a long time ago that are now antique
> technology like the Enzo Ferrari, Maserati MC12, Pagani Zonda F, etc.
>
> Hell, the fact is that there are many modded GTIs, STIs, EVOs, RX-7s,
> etc that would CRUSH a ZR1 at the ring, or at the drag strip for 1/2
> or 1/3rd the price.
> This Supra is the FASTEST STREET LEGAL CAR ON THE CONTINENT at the
> present time with a top speed of >285 mph.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jE5OCH0-Bg
> It will destroy ANY STREET LEGAL CORVETTE IN HISTORY.
> Here's a little Golf that costs FAR FAR FAR less than a ZR1 but would
> CRUSH the ZR1 by over 30 seconds at the RINGhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAnr4s4Crc
> Notice how easily it blows by the Enzo Ferrari and the Murcielago
> LP640.

The girl he has a crush on, is dating a guy who drives a 'vette.
Old March 24th 09, 11:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 9, 5:52*am, ZÿRiX > wrote:
> Well as long as we are comparing apples to oranges, here is the fastest carhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8&feature=related
>
> --
>
> * * * * *ZÿRiX
> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

It was a little hilarious to see that little parachute open behind
it ... as if that was going to do the job . Isnt 763 mph beyond the
sound barrier ?
Old March 28th 09, 09:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
ZÿRiX

On Mar 9, 5:52 am, ZÿRiX > wrote:
> Well as long as we are comparing apples to oranges, here is the fastest
> carhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8&feature=related
>
> --
>
> ZÿRiX
> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

It was a little hilarious to see that little parachute open behind
it ... as if that was going to do the job . Isnt 763 mph beyond the
sound barrier ?

Yes it is...

--

ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old March 29th 09, 10:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
Peter Hill

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 04:36:48 -0500, ZÿRiX > wrote:

> wrote in message
>On Mar 9, 5:52 am, ZÿRiX > wrote:
>> Well as long as we are comparing apples to oranges, here is the fastest
>> carhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8&feature=related
>>
>> --
>>
>> ZÿRiX
>> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

>It was a little hilarious to see that little parachute open behind
>it ... as if that was going to do the job . Isnt 763 mph beyond the
>sound barrier ?
>

>Yes it is...

You don't open a chute when supersionic. Cd when supersonic is about
3x what it is subsonic. It slows down very quickly like a fighter jet
under flame out conditions. So parachute isn't deployed until going
much slower than supersonic 600mph.
http://www.thrustssc.com/thrustssc/E...ng_System.html
Above 600mph air brakes are the favoured way to lose speed quickly.
The defintion of quickly being in excess of -2.5G.
--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header
Old March 30th 09, 02:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.dodge
CardsFan

"Peter Hill" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 04:36:48 -0500, ZÿRiX > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>On Mar 9, 5:52 am, ZÿRiX > wrote:
>>> Well as long as we are comparing apples to oranges, here is the fastest
>>> carhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKQ-xj5C2m8&feature=related
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ZÿRiX
>>> (¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

>>It was a little hilarious to see that little parachute open behind
>>it ... as if that was going to do the job . Isnt 763 mph beyond the
>>sound barrier ?
>>

>>Yes it is...

> You don't open a chute when supersionic. Cd when supersonic is about
> 3x what it is subsonic. It slows down very quickly like a fighter jet
> under flame out conditions. So parachute isn't deployed until going
> much slower than supersonic 600mph.
> http://www.thrustssc.com/thrustssc/E...ng_System.html
> Above 600mph air brakes are the favoured way to lose speed quickly.
> The defintion of quickly being in excess of -2.5G.
> --
> Peter Hill

If you listen closely, I believe his crew was saying he was at about 550 or
so when the chute opened.

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)