Need Radio ?

Old November 11th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim[_2_]

Default Need Radio ?

I was scouting around for a nice working radio for my '68 project
Beetle. Didn't have to look original, but must have good reception.

Long and short of it, I came across a seller on eBay who has a
pile of NOS Mitsubishi radios. They have cassette deck, which
kinda dates them. AM/FM *and* a clock! Provision for driving
front and rear speakers. No Un-Lock code required.

The best part was the price (being the frugal sort):

$4.95

!!

This is going in a Beetle with the padded dash and I was able to
file the VW plastic trim ring to accept the radio. The dash will
need a teeny bit or surgery to conform to DIN dimensions. The
radio actually measures 2" X 7" .

Pics showing the trim ring he
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/photos/radio_1.jpg
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/photos/radio_2.jpg

He still has a number of them listed if anyone is interested:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/trimmer101

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Old November 11th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

> The best part was the price (being the frugal sort):
>
> $4.95
>
> !!
>
> This is going in a Beetle with the padded dash and I was able to
> file the VW plastic trim ring to accept the radio. �The dash will
> need a teeny bit or surgery to conform to DIN dimensions. �The
> radio actually measures 2" X 7" .
>
> Pics showing the trim ring hehttp://www.nls.net/mp/volks/photos/r...os/radio_2.jpg
>
> He still has a number of them listed if anyone is interested:http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/trimmer101
>
> Speedy Jimhttp://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

looks good jim and it kind of looks like a radio from an 84 rabbit/
golf. You can now get a fm transmitter to play a mp3 player thru your
radio.
Old November 12th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John J[_3_]

Speedy Jim wrote:
> I was scouting around for a nice working radio for my '68 project
> Beetle. Didn't have to look original, but must have good reception.
>
> Long and short of it, I came across a seller on eBay who has a
> pile of NOS Mitsubishi radios. They have cassette deck, which
> kinda dates them.

Crap. I was hoping for a 45RPM record player.