Anyone Follow Nascar?

Old April 6th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Anyone Follow Nascar?

Follow an up and coming driver named Travis Cope, who might become the
next Jeff Gordon.
Very poised for his age and his Dad is Mike Cope.....he races and also
owns Brandon Racetrack in FL.
Check him out.
LeafRacewear manufactures their racesuits,,,,,,,,also did Paul Dana's.
Shame about him.

Old April 6th 06, 10:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Tony Stewart fan here #20

--
Z˙RiX (<>..<>)

Old April 6th 06, 11:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Z˙RiX" > wrote in message
> Tony Stewart fan here #20
>
> --
> Z˙RiX (<>..<>)

I'll second that but also back Johnson and Gordon.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 7th 06, 04:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I guess the common thread here is they all drive Chevrolets?
However, I can't recall seeing either Stewart or Johnson driving
Corvettes for anything.

Go 24!

Dave
WI

Old April 7th 06, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Yep and raced online for years in the Pro Leagues, I've run with Dale Jr
in the VRW league,
Martin Truex, Kyle Bush, Denny Hamlin....
I've run in the ProHCS leagues, VRW Trans Am Circuit, and with my many
European
buddies in Europe in the ProGrandPrixLegends 1960s Formula One leagues.

That VRW Pro series was the most nerve racking thing you can do behind a
computer... LOLOL
And would suck ALL your free time working on qual and racing setups all
week.

This year in NASCAR I'm pulling for Mikey, but he's got to get it in gear..
And I'm getting fed up with Helton trying to suck all the drama out of
the series.
If he isn't careful it will turn into a Casper Milqtoast series....
I wanna see some scuffles in the pits and some bumping on the track! LOLOLOL

I think Busch, Stewart, Harvick and those guys are more of an asset to
the series
than most give them credit for.

I also follow F1. My Mother is a racing nut. I've got pics of her in
Monaco in the early
60's sitting on haybales near the Swimming Pool curve right next to the
track. Too cool!!!

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old April 7th 06, 05:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I about gave up on Stewart until he bought Eldora and got to watch him
run there. There have been some great dirt track racers there over the
years and he makes it look easy. Sometimes I think he could run the
watering truck and whip most drivers. Actually I do like Martin,
mostly because he can do the flip better than knucklehead. I doubt
that Mark drives a Corvette but then it wouldn't surprise me if he had
one. I'm not sure what Harry Gant drove most of his career but he is
my all-time favorite driver. But then there was Buddy Baker, Tiny
Lund, Fireball Roberts, and .......

Old April 7th 06, 08:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

While testing out here in Vegas a few years back Stewart bought one of those
Series 2 cars that were built by Carrol Shelby. He used to build them right
next to the track in his facility. I have a friend who works security at the
track and he told me that Stewart put on quite a show with the car on the
infield.

Old April 7th 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Stewart has a lamborghini among other cars
Jr drove a vette with his dad at 24 hrs of Daytona
Brett Bodine now is regular pace car driver and drives a vette (Jay Leno did
it at Daytona)
Harry Gant drove the Skoal Bandit for much of his career and I believe it
was a Buick
ps, Stewart bought his crew chief (Zippy) a vette when he won the
championship
My driver is Jeff Burton who is now in a Chevy

--
RS
2002 1200C

Old April 7th 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"RS" > wrote in message news:0mzZf.595$XI6.233@trnddc05...
> Stewart has a lamborghini among other cars
> Jr drove a vette with his dad at 24 hrs of Daytona
> Brett Bodine now is regular pace car driver and drives a vette (Jay
> Leno did it at Daytona)
> Harry Gant drove the Skoal Bandit for much of his career and I
> believe it was a Buick

Yes, as his carrer wound down he was driving the Skol Bandit Buick and
his last year he drove a Chevrolet Lumina but I don't know what he was
driving from 1972 until then. Looks like mostly Chevrolets, some Olds,
but mostly he talked about his Chevrolets.

Old April 7th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I'm a number '8' guy myself.

NASCAR 2003 or NASCAR Racing 4? RickSweeney Simulators 17 February 23rd 06 10:39 PM
NASCAR SimRacing: A faint pulse? Joe Simulators 14 September 2nd 05 07:50 PM
EA's New NASCAR Sim Fact Sheet David G Fisher Simulators 27 December 18th 04 02:07 PM
NASCAR Question tech27 BMW 46 November 15th 04 11:03 PM
FS: 1990 Hardees 'Cole Trickle' "Days Of Thunder" NASCAR PROMO Glass J.R. Sinclair General 0 January 27th 04 05:43 AM