2001 A6 2.8 vibrating

Old July 25th 05, 03:40 PM
MarieNJ

Default 2001 A6 2.8 vibrating

Hi - am new to this group. Bought a certified preowned 2001 A6 2.8
last fall. At that time the car vibrated at and above 65 mph. They
fixed this with a front end alignment. In Feb. I blew a tire on a
pothole, resulting in a bent rim on what is now my spare tire. Got a
new tire, all tires were balanced, front end re-aligned, no problem.
Then a couple of months ago the car started vibrating at 65 mph again.
Took it back to Audi a week ago, got a tire balance, no problems. Then
ONE week later, it started to vibrate again at 65 mph. Obviously
something's going on to make the car vibrate again - and it's not like
I'm off-roading with the car or anything! I'm just driving it on
normal highways. Any suggestions of what I can make sure Audi checks
out? TIA!

Old February 15th 08, 11:34 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Marie Audrey

I have a 2007 A4 and have had the same problem. I have now brought it
to the dealership 3 times and they are now telling me this is normal and
ice/snow/dirt builds up and I have to bring it in to them so they can
remove the wheels and scrape off the ice/dirt. They charge you for
their time and to rebalance if needed everytime. I am quite upset about
it and did not know that I had purchased a summer car. If it is a
summer car, why to I need the quattro?????

--
Marie Audrey
Marie Audrey's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=3077

Old February 15th 08, 12:04 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
tpow

"Marie Audrey" > wrote in message

> I have a 2007 A4 and have had the same problem. I have now brought it
> to the dealership 3 times and they are now telling me this is normal and
> ice/snow/dirt builds up and I have to bring it in to them so they can
> remove the wheels and scrape off the ice/dirt. They charge you for
> their time and to rebalance if needed everytime. I am quite upset about
> it and did not know that I had purchased a summer car. If it is a
> summer car, why to I need the quattro?????
>

> --
> Marie Audrey
> Marie Audrey's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=3077
> View this thread: http://www.audiforum.ca/showthread.php?t=6973

you take it to a dealership to get the rims jet blasted...........wow, is ye
a milyonair.

Old February 15th 08, 03:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
marko_tomas13

Are either of you running aftermarket wheels and tires?

--
marko_tomas13
marko_tomas13's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=1365

Old February 15th 08, 03:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
Marie Audrey > wrote:

> I have a 2007 A4 and have had the same problem. I have now brought it
> to the dealership 3 times and they are now telling me this is normal and
> ice/snow/dirt builds up and I have to bring it in to them so they can
> remove the wheels and scrape off the ice/dirt. They charge you for
> their time and to rebalance if needed everytime. I am quite upset about
> it and did not know that I had purchased a summer car. If it is a
> summer car, why to I need the quattro?????

The 2007 rims suck. I have the same problem on a 2007 A3. The rims
also stick out beyond the protection ring on the tires so they scrape
the curb.

Why the dealership? Don't you have access to a garden hose?

--
I don't read Google's spam. Reply with another service.

2001 Town and Country A/C problem Comboverfish Chrysler 2 July 3rd 05 03:36 PM
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T and 2001 Eclipse GT Dodge 2 April 23rd 05 05:58 AM
"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
Flasher ? for 2001 up/Led Taillights Intergate Jeep 7 February 15th 05 07:00 PM
2001 change timing belt or not? Buying a Used Audi Audi 16 December 27th 04 05:02 PM