remote stopped working

Old July 22nd 08, 09:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Miguel De Anda

Default remote stopped working

i'm pretty sure its not the key but the car receiver that stopped working.
its a 2003 audi tt 225, does anybody know which fuse to check on the car? i
got the batteries replaced on the keys about 8 months ago and now i have to
use the key to open the doors. its a hassle to drop off the car at audi
since they are too far to drive me to work and they won't check it while
i'm there. i'd like to check the simple things myself but checking every
single fuse will take forever, plus the risk of misplacing one in the
process.

thanks.
Old July 22nd 08, 04:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

How many remotes do you have? Did you check all of them?

Try to reprogram them yourself if you have two keys!

Old July 22nd 08, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Miguel De Anda

I do have both, but I don't know how to reprogram. Is it something like put
1 key in ignition, the other in door, do some monkey dance, then its
reprogrammed? I've seen something, but I don't know where.

Old July 22nd 08, 05:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Miguel De Anda

Ooh, I think i found the dance steps:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/misc13.shtml

I'll see if this works.

Old July 22nd 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike

Miguel De Anda wrote:
> i'm pretty sure its not the key but the car receiver that stopped working.
> its a 2003 audi tt 225, does anybody know which fuse to check on the car? i
> got the batteries replaced on the keys about 8 months ago and now i have to
> use the key to open the doors. its a hassle to drop off the car at audi
> since they are too far to drive me to work and they won't check it while
> i'm there. i'd like to check the simple things myself but checking every
> single fuse will take forever, plus the risk of misplacing one in the
> process.
>
> thanks.

Has the battery been disconnected?

I had to disconnect the battery on my 2003 A4 and afterwards the remotes
did not work. Checking the manual I found a synchronisation procedure
which involves turning the key in the ignition and pressing the unlock
button. Repeating this procedure for the second set resolved the problem.

Mike