2004 Kia Optima

Old June 21st 07, 05:15 PM posted to alt.autos.kia,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Gyzmologist

Default 2004 Kia Optima

DodgeDriver wrote:
> I am posting to these newsgroups because of the vast expertise available.
> Thank you for indulging me.
>
> On April 30, 2007, I purchased a 2004 KIA Optima that had been used by the
> dealer as a loaner. The car had about 19,000 miles on it when purchased by
> me. The car had been placed in Service by the dealer on June 30, 2005.
> When purchased by me, there was a little over 3 years and 40, 000 miles left
> on the warranty. I have noticed on several occassions the car appeared to
> be leaning to the left (when viewed from the rear) while parked in my
> driveway. Yesterday, I took a few measurements in the driveway and the car
> leans about 1/2" to the left. Measurements were taken at a point near the
> left front, left rear, right front and right rear. I moved the car into my
> garage, on a level floor, re-measured, and confirmed my original
> measurements. I will be taking this up with the dealer but would like any
> ideas as to what may have caused this problem and how to resolve it.
>
> Thanks for any information.

When the car was assembled it is possible the left and right springs
came from different lots and have slightly different spring rates. On an
assembly line anything can happen, regardless of the make. If it is
still under warranty, take it back to the dealer. Don't be nasty about
it, just tell them it appears to be leaning to the left and you would
like for them to check it. If they don't want to help you, take it to
another dealership. If neither of them want to help you, then you
probably will not be buying another Kia.

--
Gyz

07 Saturn Sky
98 Dodge Status ES
94 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
Old June 21st 07, 07:28 PM posted to alt.autos.kia,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DodgeDriver

"Gyzmologist" > wrote in message
> DodgeDriver wrote:
> > I am posting to these newsgroups because of the vast expertise

available.
> > Thank you for indulging me.
> >
> > On April 30, 2007, I purchased a 2004 KIA Optima that had been used by

the
> > dealer as a loaner. The car had about 19,000 miles on it when purchased

by
> > me. The car had been placed in Service by the dealer on June 30, 2005.
> > When purchased by me, there was a little over 3 years and 40, 000 miles

left
> > on the warranty. I have noticed on several occassions the car appeared

> > be leaning to the left (when viewed from the rear) while parked in my
> > driveway. Yesterday, I took a few measurements in the driveway and the

car
> > leans about 1/2" to the left. Measurements were taken at a point near

the
> > left front, left rear, right front and right rear. I moved the car into

my
> > garage, on a level floor, re-measured, and confirmed my original
> > measurements. I will be taking this up with the dealer but would like

any
> > ideas as to what may have caused this problem and how to resolve it.
> >
> > Thanks for any information.

> When the car was assembled it is possible the left and right springs
> came from different lots and have slightly different spring rates. On an
> assembly line anything can happen, regardless of the make. If it is
> still under warranty, take it back to the dealer. Don't be nasty about
> it, just tell them it appears to be leaning to the left and you would
> like for them to check it. If they don't want to help you, take it to
> another dealership. If neither of them want to help you, then you
> probably will not be buying another Kia.
>
> --
> Gyz

[snipped]

It is still under warranty. I'll post back to these groups after I have
crawled under it myself and after the dealer has a look at it.

2004 Kia Optima clare at snyder.on.ca Dodge 0 June 21st 07 03:05 AM
I put an Optima red top in my Fox JohnV@nn Ford Mustang 3 July 4th 06 03:40 PM
Optima Batteries Mike Moeller Mazda 0 April 26th 05 05:45 AM
Optima Batteries Zorin Inc. Corvette 5 March 31st 05 02:55 PM
Anyone Ever Put An Optima In A 5.0? Patrick Ford Mustang 3 December 4th 04 04:39 AM