98 Voyager!

Old June 16th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
L.G.R.

Default 98 Voyager!

Hi everyone.
I have a problem as once in a while i start the car and nothing works on the
board. Neither the temperature gage nor the gaz gage nor the speed needle.
Everything is dead only on the board. Everything else works fine. And it
comes back to normal after few hours of non running the car such at the nex
morning.
Anyone ever had the same problem? Thanks in advance.
L.G.T.

Old June 16th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
dave gower

"L.G.R." > wrote

> I have a problem as once in a while i start the car and nothing works on
> the board. Neither the temperature gage nor the gaz gage nor the speed
> needle. Everything is dead only on the board. Everything else works fine.
> And it comes back to normal after few hours of non running the car such at
> the nex morning.
> Anyone ever had the same problem?

Yup. Last year on my 98 Voyager.

It's a common problem. The circuit board gets cracks in the solder joints.
The solution is a recycled cluster. Easy to find at a yard and not tough to
replace if you're handy ( a Hayne's or similar manual helps). Any decent
tech can do the job in an hour or so. Any Voyager or Caravan 96-2000 will
fit but try to find a 2000, they are better. Good luck.

Old June 16th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
L.G.R.

Thank you very much. But you don't mean to change the whole part of the dash
that contains the gauges and the speed counter? And ain't there no recall
from the company on that specific part?
L.G.R.

Old June 16th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"L.G.R." > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi everyone.
> I have a problem as once in a while i start the car and nothing works on

the
> board. Neither the temperature gage nor the gaz gage nor the speed needle.
> Everything is dead only on the board. Everything else works fine. And it
> comes back to normal after few hours of non running the car such at the

nex
> morning.
> Anyone ever had the same problem? Thanks in advance.
> L.G.T.

It could be a circuit board problem or a communication problem with the BCM
(Body Control Module) . You may want to have the BCM scanned for any faults
codes before you just install a circuit board.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 17th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
dave gower

"L.G.R." > wrote

> ...you don't mean to change the whole part of the dash that contains the
> gauges and the speed counter? And ain't there no recall from the company
> on that specific part?

The problem is probably in the circuit board which feeds the whole cluster,
so yes you have to replace the whole thing. That's the way cars are made
these days. As to a recall, you could ask but my local dealer didn't mention
it last year and I doubt it very much. It is 9 years old after all.

BTW Glenn's suggestion is very valid, but what I was told is if it's coming
and going (as against just failing) it's likely the cluster not computer.

Good luck.

Old June 20th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
L.G.R.

"maxpower" > a écrit dans le message de news:

> "L.G.R." > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Hi everyone.
>> I have a problem as once in a while i start the car and nothing works on

> the
>> board. Neither the temperature gage nor the gaz gage nor the speed
>> needle.
>> Everything is dead only on the board. Everything else works fine. And it
>> comes back to normal after few hours of non running the car such at the

> nex
>> morning.
>> Anyone ever had the same problem? Thanks in advance.
>> L.G.T.
>>

> It could be a circuit board problem or a communication problem with the
> BCM
> (Body Control Module) . You may want to have the BCM scanned for any
> faults
> codes before you just install a circuit board.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Hi! Finaly they changed the BCM and the PCM at the cost of 1700$. And the
problem is still there (occasionaly dead cluster board), but now the car
start all the time.
I suspect that the car wouln'd start even after changing those two parts, so
they bypassed the anti thief because they have disconnected it. I have asked
them to bypast the anti thief at the first place but they said that is too
complicated, so they din't.
My next step is to change the cluster board.
I think of writing Chrysler about it.
L.G.R.

98 G Voyager Mike EC Chrysler 3 July 18th 06 07:01 PM
95 Ply Voyager ernic1 Chrysler 1 August 17th 05 10:07 AM
'04 UK Voyager mrliam Chrysler 1 April 20th 05 12:04 PM
89 voyager HELP iheartpurell Dodge 1 March 23rd 05 11:29 AM
97 voyager undrwears Dodge 0 September 28th 04 12:51 PM