"SUDDEN ACCELERATION" 'aint going away........

Old January 7th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default "SUDDEN ACCELERATION" 'aint going away........

In article >, GatorMan wrote:
> Until it happensd to you, you can't really express an opinion.
> When Ford gets around to a recall or a tsb, all you know-it-alls will be
> singing a different tune.

TSB or no TSB if you know how to operate a car it's a non-event.

> I know exactly where my feet were, on the brake

Sorry, no. Not possible. Brakes cannot be overcome by the engine on a
stock vehicle.
> And I'm not a nitwit. I
> built and dragged in my teens, switched to road racing Jaguars in my
> late twenties. I have driven everything with wheels. From Sprites to a
> Euclid. I'm a professional driver, with a "Class A CDL"........

Yet you couldn't find the key.

> Search out "sudden acceleration" "unintended acceleration"
> "unanticipated acceleration" and start living in the real world.

In the real world, I've had a throttle stick. I turned off the key.

Old January 7th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

GatorMan wrote:
> Until it happensd to you, you can't really express an opinion.
> When Ford gets around to a recall or a tsb, all you know-it-alls will be
> singing a different tune.
>
> My 2006 Ford GT Mustang with A/T took off all by itself, full throttle,
> wide open. It all happened in about 8 seconds, the car travelled exactly
> 331 feet before it came to a stop (hit the garage.)
>
> I know exactly where my feet were, on the brake (not on the gas, no
> carpet interference, no mats to get entangled). And I'm not a nitwit. I
> built and dragged in my teens, switched to road racing Jaguars in my
> late twenties. I have driven everything with wheels. From Sprites to a
> Euclid. I'm a professional driver, with a "Class A CDL"........
>
> Search out "sudden acceleration" "unintended acceleration"
> "unanticipated acceleration" and start living in the real world.
>
> Ron in Tampa................

You miss the point. If your brakes failed and the
throttle stuck wide open and the steering did not work ALL
at the exact same time, it is still your responsibility to
keep that vehicle under control by shifting to neutral
and/or flipping the key off.

--
“I intended that "not stupid" be a requirement.” – Seth
Breidbart
Old January 7th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

Brent P wrote:

> Sorry, no. Not possible. Brakes cannot be overcome by the engine on a
> stock vehicle.
>> And I'm not a nitwit. I
>> built and dragged in my teens, switched to road racing Jaguars in my
>> late twenties. I have driven everything with wheels. From Sprites to a
>> Euclid. I'm a professional driver, with a "Class A CDL"........

Oh yeah, I tried this with the Mighty Titan and although
it definitely did NOT work, I have to report that there is
an exception. As part of the traction control and EBD system
(electronic brake distribution) on the Titans when you mash
the throttle and the brake at the same time the computer
looks at the situation and says "Oh no, we shall have none
of that." And the engine bogs down. This is the same reason
that on the Titan you can not do a power brake burn out like
on the Ford or Dodge, the limited slip rear is actually an
electronic traction control administered by the EBD. Enter
MiseryTom. Tom being somewhat of an electrical guru has
"invented" a number of vehicle mods, including the MTBM or
Misery Tom Burnout Mod. (Available to be seen he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUCf6HkQ_xM ) So to be
totally fair about the situation I am going to solicit the
help of someone who has said modification to flip their
switch and then see if their 365 horse power Titan can over
power the 12.6" four wheel disc brakes. I have my sincere
doubts.

Old January 7th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"GatorMan" > wrote in message
. ..
> Until it happensd to you, you can't really express an opinion.

This is America.

dwight

Old January 8th 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"WindsorFox" > wrote in message
> Brent P wrote:
>
>> Sorry, no. Not possible. Brakes cannot be overcome by the engine on a
>> stock vehicle.
>>> And I'm not a nitwit. I built and dragged in my teens, switched to road
>>> racing Jaguars in my late twenties. I have driven everything with
>>> wheels. From Sprites to a Euclid. I'm a professional driver, with a
>>> "Class A CDL"........

> Oh yeah, I tried this with the Mighty Titan and although it definitely
> did NOT work, I have to report that there is an exception. As part of the
> traction control and EBD system (electronic brake distribution) on the
> Titans when you mash the throttle and the brake at the same time the
> computer looks at the situation and says "Oh no, we shall have none of
> that." And the engine bogs down. This is the same reason that on the Titan
> you can not do a power brake burn out like on the Ford or Dodge, the
> limited slip rear is actually an electronic traction control administered
> by the EBD. Enter MiseryTom. Tom being somewhat of an electrical guru has
> "invented" a number of vehicle mods, including the MTBM or Misery Tom
> Burnout Mod. (Available to be seen he
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUCf6HkQ_xM ) So to be totally fair about
> the situation I am going to solicit the help of someone who has said
> modification to flip their switch and then see if their 365 horse power
> Titan can over power the 12.6" four wheel disc brakes. I have my sincere
> doubts.
>
> --
> “I intended that "not stupid" be a requirement.” – Seth Breidbart

Don't worry about it, If a 429CJ in a '71 Mustang cannot overcome the old
brakes on that car, and it can't, his 300 HP 4.6 can't overcome it's modern
4 wheel disc brakes.

Old January 8th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..
> "GatorMan" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Until it happensd to you, you can't really express an opinion.

> This is America.
>
> dwight

LMFAO

You posted to Usenet, everyone gets to express their opinion, and you can't
really do anything about it...

Old January 9th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GatorMan

Okay, lets see how this works:

Key ON - - - Key OFF - - -
Power Steering ON NO Power Steering
Power Brakes ON NO Power Brakes
Engine ON NO Engine Power
NO CONTROL STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED

So, which was the right decision. No-Brainer
So, turn your key off Mr. Fox

Old January 9th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, GatorMan wrote:
> Okay, lets see how this works:
>
> Key ON - - - Key OFF - - -
> Power Steering ON NO Power Steering
> Power Brakes ON NO Power Brakes
> Engine ON NO Engine Power
> NO CONTROL STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED

Wheel locked? No. Learn how the ignition works, you can turn it off
without going to lock.

And I've driven a car with the power steering not working, wasn't that
hard. Same with power brakes when I disconnected the booster to diagnosis
something. Of course, I still know what it's like to drive a power
nothing car as I still own one.

Now lets do that list again:

Key ON Key OFF
Accelerating out of control. Somewhat more difficult to steer, but
slowing to a stop fairly quickly.

Some how, you think Accelerating out of control is the better option.

Old January 9th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gary Vitagliano

Well you just proved how much of an idiot you are, turn the key back ONE
notch.

Old January 10th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox

GatorMan wrote:
> Okay, lets see how this works:
>
> Key ON - - - Key OFF - - -
> Power Steering ON NO Power Steering
> Power Brakes ON NO Power Brakes
> Engine ON NO Engine Power
> NO CONTROL STEERING WHEEL IS LOCKED
>
> So, which was the right decision. No-Brainer
> So, turn your key off Mr. Fox

With this single post, you have proved beyond a shadow
of a doubt that you are an automotive imbecile.

If the key is on and you stop the engine with a kill
switch, you will STILL disable the power brakes, and the
power steering. You can NOT however turn the key far enough
to lock the wheel while the car is in "D." Incidentally,
when the engine shuts off, unless I am mistaken, under the
condition of "no engine power" that pretty much should
negate the NEED FOR BRAKING AND STEERING!!!

The correct decision was to TURN OFF THE KEY period.
Then it would have been a non-incident. I tried to give you
some benefit of the doubt, but apparently your are just a
total boob and too dumb to realize it.