Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

Old July 26th 10, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Miata Poll - What would you do if your Miata were gone today?

pws > wrote:

> In this case, I am in complete agreement with the two named Chris
> who post here.

So there's three here with very bad taste? <G>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old July 26th 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> So there's three here with very bad taste? <G>

Sorry, Charlie...

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old July 27th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

XS11E wrote:
> pws > wrote:
>
>> In this case, I am in complete agreement with the two named Chris
>> who post here.

> So there's three here with very bad taste? <G>

no, my count totals only one
and aesthetics aside, which of course is completely subjective, and
which i find completely unappealing in the s2000, it just isn't any fun
to drive. ok, perhaps a little fun, but not miata fun. though
interesting that they seem to hold their resale value better than a miata.
Old July 27th 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in message > that nose is a
huge improvement. it should be stock. i don't get why
> they put the clown face on all of their cars. particularly since they are
> otherwise a generally good looking line up - it doesn't seem true to the
> cars overall original design, as if it an after market design. the stock
> nose appears to me that it needs braces.

Actually, the MS nose pretty much returns the main opening to the original
NC opening in my opinion. Of course it adds a bit more 'stuff' but just
getting rid of the clown face is a huge leap forward.

Chris
99BBB

Old July 27th 10, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in message >
> no, my count totals only one
> and aesthetics aside, which of course is completely subjective, and which
> i find completely unappealing in the s2000, it just isn't any fun to
> drive. ok, perhaps a little fun, but not miata fun. though interesting
> that they seem to hold their resale value better than a miata.

I'm not at all sure they hold their value better than a Miata. I would say a
technical comparison would show that they depreciate faster than a Miata.
Keep in mind the higher initial cost when you're shopping around for used
ones. Around here they are quite inexpensive and very tempting to an old
Miata auto-x'r like me ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old July 27th 10, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Bruno, Copenhagen - Denmark" > wrote in
message ...

> I know for sure a few people have spent 86K on a Miata, since that is what
> a NC 2.0 PRHT with metalic paint cost here direct from a Mazda dealer. So
> 100K should not be an impossible amount.
>
> In a place with lower taxes I would imagine the German project NC modded
> cars with an RX-8 engine could be the most expensive.
>

> Greetings
> Bruno

Hey, nice to see you posting. The weather cooled off over there? ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old July 27th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "Frank Berger" > wrote:
>

> Yes, it is and I'm glad it's working for her!
>
> I've been searching ebay and Craig's List for a used spine but I
> haven't found any so far. I keep looking......
>
> Yesterday, I began not just one but two things I thought I'd NEVER DO,
> both on my list of stuff to avoid at all costs but.... I reached a
> point that a funky shoulder caused so much pain and misery I've not
> been able to sleep for several weeks and I finally visited the urgent
> care center and, after a long discussion with the doctor and exrays of
> my neck showing the thoracic spine has degenerated as much as the
> lumbar spine I yielded to the thoughts of wonderful, pain free days and
> began a program of steroids and oxycodone.
>
> Relief was almost immediate, I slept all night last night and the
> shoulder is, to a great extent, working again, the back is better than
> it's been in years and....
>
> As you can see, I've typed a bunch and my hands don't hurt at all! I
> know I've just started the steroids (Prednisone), we'll see where the 7
> day program leaves me.... Most of my objections to narcotics and
> steroids are overcome by the fact that both are VERY short term
> programs for me (at this point.)
>
> Better living through chemistry!

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

Have you considered trying 'medical marijuana'? I'm not joking, just
wondering if you might find some relief w/o the downside of the steroids and
such which, like you say are temporary. I hope you can find something,
that's brutal to have to live with that much pain and that little sleep, a
bad combination as I'm sure you know well.

Chris
99BBB

Old July 27th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Have you considered trying 'medical marijuana'?

No, it's not legal here AFAIK and I can't risk it, I'm way too
pretty to be locked up with Bubba and Igor and I have hemorrhoids!
<G>

> I hope you can find something, that's brutal to have to live with
> that much pain and that little sleep, a bad combination as I'm
> sure you know well.

Thanks but the oxycodone seems to relieve the pain and I'm sleeping OK
since my visit to the doc! I believe it'll heal itself with help from
the steroids and relief from the inflammation but only time will
tell...

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old July 27th 10, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> I think you can get rid of the smiley face now with the
> Mazdaspeed (aftermarket) nose piece.

That's really nice! Do you have any idea how much it costs? Seriously,
even if I could afford a new MX-5 this year I would be put off by that
awful grinning front end they have put on them these last couple of
years. But if that replacement front end weren't too expensive I would
definitely go with that.

This is a first, in my experience. Invariably aftermarket body parts
grossly detract from the appearance and value of the car upon which they
are inflicted. Just imagine an aftermarket body part actually making
the car look better! Wonders never cease.

Going back to the original question:

pws wrote:

> If you were to lose your current Miata today, be it totaled, stolen,
> whatever, and received enough money to cover a replacement, all the way
> up to an optioned-out brand-new one, (say $30,000 to be safe), what
> would you do:

I'd buy two used ones and give one to my daughter.

yrs jp
Old July 28th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 7/26/2010 10:04 PM, XS11E wrote:
> "Chris > wrote:
>
>> Have you considered trying 'medical marijuana'?

> No, it's not legal here AFAIK and I can't risk it, I'm way too
> pretty to be locked up with Bubba and Igor and I have hemorrhoids!
> <G>

Nearly every state around you offers this herbal alternative, otherwise
known as MMJ, but Arizona is a holdout.

U.S. state by state guide:

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516

>> I hope you can find something, that's brutal to have to live with
>> that much pain and that little sleep, a bad combination as I'm
>> sure you know well.

> Thanks but the oxycodone seems to relieve the pain and I'm sleeping OK
> since my visit to the doc! I believe it'll heal itself with help from
> the steroids and relief from the inflammation but only time will
> tell...

The oxycodone will provide better pain relief than any MMJ ever will,
but at a cost of rapid, hard-core addiction, both physical and
psychological.

How long does it take for addiction to kick in? It depends on the person
and the oxycodone dosage, but about as long as it takes to get hooked on
heroin is a good rough estimate since both drugs are powerful opiates.

MMJ does have anti-inflammatory properties, and could certainly
supplement and possibly even replace the prednisone. Likewise, the pain
relief provided by certain strains of MMJ could at least possibly reduce
the amount of oxycodone needed to make life livable.

Come November, you won't even need a prescription in California,
assuming the bill passes on Nov. 19th, which looks very likely. Look for
a sharp spike in travel to California at the end of the year. :-)

That said, I am very glad to hear that you are getting relief.
Chronic pain is something that I have only witnessed, never experienced,
but I know that it can truly make life a hell on earth.

I know, I know. I'll see myself out this time. ;-)

Pat (proud member of NORML (National Organization for the Reform of
Marijuana Laws) and supporter of LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition)

FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Miata F.S. Alan Mazda 15 November 1st 05 10:06 PM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM
FA: BRP Jackson Racing supercharger for 99-00 Miata (ends today) SC Miata Mazda 0 September 7th 04 04:55 PM