Help with blinker unit on C5

Old November 5th 04, 04:43 AM
Corvette

Default Help with blinker unit on C5

I am 99% sure that the blinker unit in my C5 is toast. I belive it sits
behind, or is part of the hazard light switch next to the center vent. My
question is, how hard is it to replace that unit ? Do I have to pull the
whole dash, or is there a secret to getting in there ? Is it just a relay or
the whole hazard unit ?

Thanks for any input,

Kevin
2000 Black Coupe

Old November 5th 04, 05:48 AM
Dad

"Corvette" > wrote in message
>I am 99% sure that the blinker unit in my C5 is toast. I belive it sits
>behind, or is part of the hazard light switch next to the center vent. My
>question is, how hard is it to replace that unit ? Do I have to pull the
>whole dash, or is there a secret to getting in there ? Is it just a relay
>or the whole hazard unit ?
>
> Thanks for any input,
>
> Kevin
> 2000 Black Coupe

You pretty much got it figured right, remove the console top and then the
dash pad and the bracket that holds the Hazard switch to the dash pad,
replace the switch/blinker and reverse the procedure to reassemble. I can
give you some numbers or a PDF sheet if you think you need it. Time is about
6 hours if you don't break anything.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 5th 04, 05:48 AM
Dad

Old November 6th 04, 06:20 PM
Corvette

Thanks for the input. I thought somebody had posted a method where you could
get at it by removing just the vent, and not the whole dash. If it's 6
hours, then the dealer can do it, they quoted about $130

Kevin

Old November 6th 04, 06:20 PM
Corvette

Old November 6th 04, 10:11 PM
Dad

"Corvette" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the input. I thought somebody had posted a method where you
> could get at it by removing just the vent, and not the whole dash. If it's
> 6 hours, then the dealer can do it, they quoted about $130
>
> Kevin

If you want to get into it further I can send you a copy of the R&R sheet,
good luck.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 6th 04, 10:11 PM
Dad

Old November 7th 04, 11:41 AM
TF

"Corvette" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the input. I thought somebody had posted a method where you

could
> get at it by removing just the vent, and not the whole dash. If it's 6
> hours, then the dealer can do it, they quoted about $130

That would be 2 to 3 hours then, for them.

Old November 7th 04, 11:41 AM
TF