OT - TomTom Files

Old June 3rd 08, 01:19 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_3_]

Default OT - TomTom Files

Can anyone here help me with my new Tom Tom Go 300? Mine just arrived and
the system files are corrupt.

Talking the the technical support people is like talking to a 3 year old. I
know what I need, they know what I need, but their 'new' Home2 software
doesn't work on my PC, so I can't update the TomTom myself. They won't email
me the system files and without non-corrupt files, the device just freezes
on startup! After a week of trying, they are now not responding to my posts
on the support forum.

Can anyone out there email me the system files for the root folder of the
device? I think the 2 files that are corrupt are "System" and "TTSystem",
which are 0.5MB and 3.5MB respectively. I have googled for these files until
I am blue in the face, but can't find them anywhere.

Ta,
GT

Old June 3rd 08, 01:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> Can anyone here help me with my new Tom Tom Go 300? Mine just arrived and
> the system files are corrupt.
>
> Talking the the technical support people is like talking to a 3 year old. I
> know what I need, they know what I need, but their 'new' Home2 software
> doesn't work on my PC, so I can't update the TomTom myself. They won't email
> me the system files and without non-corrupt files, the device just freezes
> on startup! After a week of trying, they are now not responding to my posts
> on the support forum.
>
> Can anyone out there email me the system files for the root folder of the
> device? I think the 2 files that are corrupt are "System" and "TTSystem",
> which are 0.5MB and 3.5MB respectively. I have googled for these files until
> I am blue in the face, but can't find them anywhere.

Return it and get another one?

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 3rd 08, 02:15 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_3_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
. ..
> GT wrote:
>> Can anyone here help me with my new Tom Tom Go 300? Mine just arrived and
>> the system files are corrupt.
>>
>> Talking the the technical support people is like talking to a 3 year old.
>> I know what I need, they know what I need, but their 'new' Home2 software
>> doesn't work on my PC, so I can't update the TomTom myself. They won't
>> email me the system files and without non-corrupt files, the device just
>> freezes on startup! After a week of trying, they are now not responding
>> to my posts on the support forum.
>>
>> Can anyone out there email me the system files for the root folder of the
>> device? I think the 2 files that are corrupt are "System" and "TTSystem",
>> which are 0.5MB and 3.5MB respectively. I have googled for these files
>> until I am blue in the face, but can't find them anywhere.

> Return it and get another one?

I suggested that to them in my last contact, (which they have ignored). The
hardware works OK - its just the software on the SD card. God knows why they
don't have a 'download software now' option on their website! I suppose that
would just be too easy!

I bought it to guide me to a training course I'm running in Cathcart in a
couple of weeks- anywhere near your neck of the woods?

Old June 3rd 08, 02:27 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> GT wrote:
>>> Can anyone here help me with my new Tom Tom Go 300? Mine just arrived and
>>> the system files are corrupt.
>>>
>>> Talking the the technical support people is like talking to a 3 year old.
>>> I know what I need, they know what I need, but their 'new' Home2 software
>>> doesn't work on my PC, so I can't update the TomTom myself. They won't
>>> email me the system files and without non-corrupt files, the device just
>>> freezes on startup! After a week of trying, they are now not responding
>>> to my posts on the support forum.
>>>
>>> Can anyone out there email me the system files for the root folder of the
>>> device? I think the 2 files that are corrupt are "System" and "TTSystem",
>>> which are 0.5MB and 3.5MB respectively. I have googled for these files
>>> until I am blue in the face, but can't find them anywhere.

>> Return it and get another one?

> I suggested that to them in my last contact, (which they have ignored). The
> hardware works OK - its just the software on the SD card. God knows why they
> don't have a 'download software now' option on their website! I suppose that
> would just be too easy!

I'd take it back to the retailer tomorrow.

> I bought it to guide me to a training course I'm running in Cathcart in a
> couple of weeks- anywhere near your neck of the woods?

If it's the one in Glasgow, it's about as far as you can get away

Old June 3rd 08, 02:39 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_3_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> GT wrote:

>> I bought it to guide me to a training course I'm running in Cathcart in a
>> couple of weeks- anywhere near your neck of the woods?

> If it's the one in Glasgow, it's about as far as you can get away

It is in Glasgow, but that is all I know (hence the sat nav!). I thought you
were over in the West?

Old June 3rd 08, 04:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>>> . ..
>>> I bought it to guide me to a training course I'm running in Cathcart in a
>>> couple of weeks- anywhere near your neck of the woods?

>> If it's the one in Glasgow, it's about as far as you can get away

> It is in Glasgow, but that is all I know (hence the sat nav!). I thought you
> were over in the West?

Nah, darkest Essex.

Old June 4th 08, 09:43 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_3_]

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>>> If it's the one in Glasgow, it's about as far as you can get away

>> It is in Glasgow, but that is all I know (hence the sat nav!). I thought
>> you were over in the West?
>>

> Nah, darkest Essex.

Ah - I think I got you and Z mixed up. Sorry!

Old June 4th 08, 01:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> It is in Glasgow, but that is all I know (hence the sat nav!). I thought
>>> you were over in the West?
>>>

>> Nah, darkest Essex.

> Ah - I think I got you and Z mixed up. Sorry!

That's ok. I should imagine Z is quite flattered

Old June 4th 08, 07:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:52:36 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>GT wrote:

>> Ah - I think I got you and Z mixed up. Sorry!
>>

>That's ok. I should imagine Z is quite flattered

Cheek! :-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject will be auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old June 4th 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman