EA strikes again

Old December 17th 04, 07:02 PM
Byron Forbes

"Mark Davison" > wrote in message

> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> > Is that right? It seems some mentally rot before their body does my
> > mere
> > mortal friend!

> A mere mortal I am, and totally comfortable with it. You?

Are you now? So who do you know that's died b4 and told you all about
it?

> It's cool that you have such a high opinion of yourself. No-one else

does,
> right? And that's because no-one else understands how complex you are?
> You're on an intellectually higher plain and people just can't deal with
> that. That's it, isn't it. That *must* be it. Why else wouldn't anyone
> want to be your friend?

Yep, you're really catching on now! Now if I can just straighten you out
on this mortality nonsense.

Old December 17th 04, 08:46 PM
Mark Davison

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Mark Davison" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

>> > Is that right? It seems some mentally rot before their body does my
>> > mere
>> > mortal friend!

>> A mere mortal I am, and totally comfortable with it. You?
>>

> Are you now? So who do you know that's died b4 and told you all about
> it?

No-one - that's my point. When people die it's game over. I have no
problem with the fact that I cease to be when I die.

> Yep, you're really catching on now! Now if I can just straighten you
> out
> on this mortality nonsense.

Try.

Old December 17th 04, 11:06 PM
Nigel Nichols

These corps are powerless except when people buy their products. We buy
their inferior products which gives them the money to screw others.
Simple as that.

They can be beaten but only if folks do it in numbers.
Nigel

--
oups.com...

Old December 18th 04, 02:37 PM
David Ciemny

"Indy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sport...ory?id=1945691
>
> EA ruined NASCAR racing by getting exclusive rights, now they're going
> to do the same to football. What kills me is that these corporations
> (NASCAR, NFL, PGA, FIFA, ....) let this happen. I know, it's all about
> money, and obviously EA has enough to kill their competition, even if
> they make an inferior product.
>
> I'm done with EA.

not to mention they seem to have a nice little sweat shop going .

DC

Old December 18th 04, 08:43 PM
Byron Forbes

"Mark Davison" > wrote in message

> No-one - that's my point. When people die it's game over. I have no
> problem with the fact that I cease to be when I die.

Clearly, listening to others and understanding what's being said is not
a strong point for you - let's try again.

You claim to know death = game over/cease to be. If you have not died b4
and know no one that has, then how do you know what death is? This is one of
the many things you *think* you *know*.

Old December 18th 04, 11:44 PM
David Ciemny

"David Ciemny" > wrote in message

> "Indy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sport...ory?id=1945691
> >
> > EA ruined NASCAR racing by getting exclusive rights, now they're going
> > to do the same to football. What kills me is that these corporations
> > (NASCAR, NFL, PGA, FIFA, ....) let this happen. I know, it's all about
> > money, and obviously EA has enough to kill their competition, even if
> > they make an inferior product.
> >
> > I'm done with EA.
> >

> not to mention they seem to have a nice little sweat shop going .
>
> DC

oops...forgot the article sorry...

http://www.artvoice.com/archive/v3n50/v3n50.pdf

DC

Old December 19th 04, 08:58 PM
Mark Davison

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Mark Davison" > wrote in message
>>

>> No-one - that's my point. When people die it's game over. I have no
>> problem with the fact that I cease to be when I die.
>>

> Clearly, listening to others and understanding what's being said is not
> a strong point for you - let's try again.
>
> You claim to know death = game over/cease to be. If you have not died
> b4
> and know no one that has, then how do you know what death is? This is one
> of
> the many things you *think* you *know*.

I know (knew) people who have died. They died and they didn't come back.

I understood your question perfectly - you said:
"So who do you know that's died b4 and told you all about it?"

And I replied as above.

I know no-one and know *of* no-one who's died and come back. Never met a
ghost, never seen evidence of ghosts. Therefore I believe death is the end.

Clear now?

Give me evidence otherwise and I'll take it into consideration - faith
doesn't do it for me.

How about you? Believe in the bogeyman?

Old December 20th 04, 03:39 PM
Byron Forbes

"Mark Davison" > wrote in message

> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> > "Mark Davison" > wrote in message
> >>

> >> No-one - that's my point. When people die it's game over. I have no
> >> problem with the fact that I cease to be when I die.
> >>

> > Clearly, listening to others and understanding what's being said is

not
> > a strong point for you - let's try again.
> >
> > You claim to know death = game over/cease to be. If you have not died
> > b4
> > and know no one that has, then how do you know what death is? This is

one
> > of
> > the many things you *think* you *know*.

> I know (knew) people who have died. They died and they didn't come back.
>
> I understood your question perfectly - you said:
> "So who do you know that's died b4 and told you all about it?"
>
> And I replied as above.
>
> I know no-one and know *of* no-one who's died and come back. Never met a
> ghost, never seen evidence of ghosts. Therefore I believe death is the

end.

That's better - now you admit to being a mere beleiver!

> Clear now?

Your stating a mere beleif as a fact was always clear to me.

> Give me evidence otherwise and I'll take it into consideration - faith
> doesn't do it for me.

What rubbish! Wtf has "faith" got to do with it? So you can be a
christian or an athiest only? No other possibilities? Don't the gods love
their little christian slaves and there zombie athiests who *beleive* they
are alone in the universe - so easy to control those who think the only one
contrlling their thoughts and actions is them! And just as easy to blame
them for them too therefore!

Anyway, want proof?

I could tell you about my knowledge of gods but they'd easily be able to
make you "beleive" I was insane (of course, you'd *think* you *knew* I was
insane).

Anyway, look at the anatomy of the human body (or that of any animal for
that matter) and ask yourself a simple question - is this the fluke we call
life or is this clearly the design of other beings?

> How about you? Believe in the bogeyman?

No need to beleive in that sonny - I'm aware of the existence of far
worse and more mind bending things.

Old December 20th 04, 08:37 PM
Mark Davison

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Mark Davison" > wrote in message
> Your stating a mere beleif as a fact was always clear to me.

I believe it to be fact

>> Give me evidence otherwise and I'll take it into consideration - faith
>> doesn't do it for me.
>>

> What rubbish! Wtf has "faith" got to do with it? So you can be a
> christian or an athiest only? No other possibilities? Don't the gods love
> their little christian slaves and there zombie athiests who *beleive* they
> are alone in the universe - so easy to control those who think the only
> one
> contrlling their thoughts and actions is them! And just as easy to blame
> them for them too therefore!

Is Christianity the only religion that requires faith? Anything that
doesn't require fact requires faith. Muslim, Budhist, Christian, whatever.

> Anyway, want proof?
>
> I could tell you about my knowledge of gods but they'd easily be able
> make you "beleive" I was insane (of course, you'd *think* you *knew* I was
> insane).

If you have proof of course I wouldn't think you insane. You *know* the
Gods? Introduce me.

> Anyway, look at the anatomy of the human body (or that of any animal
> for
> that matter) and ask yourself a simple question - is this the fluke we
> call
> life or is this clearly the design of other beings?

Fluke.

>> How about you? Believe in the bogeyman?
>>

> No need to beleive in that sonny - I'm aware of the existence of far
> worse and more mind bending things.

And what made you aware of these things, dad?

Old December 22nd 04, 12:33 AM
Pez

But in todays world licensing is handled centrally to ease the process of
incorporating series sponsors into series merchandise?

Gone are the days when everything that was trademark had to be acquired
seperately. Now its in the NASCAR contract.

pez