Interchange

Old March 14th 16, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Cole Harren

Default Interchange

Is Mazda and mitsubishi interchangeable
Old March 14th 16, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Cole Harren wrote:
> Is Mazda and mitsubishi interchangeable

Not in 99.9% of the parts. Windshield wiper blades (if they are the same
length), tires (if they are the same size), battery (if it's the same
group size and CCA rating), and some of the fuses and relays.

--
Steve W.
Old March 15th 16, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 03/14/2016 11:29 AM, Cole Harren wrote:

> Is Mazda and mitsubishi interchangeable

Almost certainly not.

Some Fords were rebadged Mazdas, and some Chryslers and Dodges were
rebadged Mitsubishis (or at least had some Mitsubishi parts and
subassemblies). There were sometimes (often?) price differences between
the same part, depending on which box it came in.

Perce

Old March 16th 16, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 5:34:09 PM UTC-5, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> On 03/14/2016 11:29 AM, Cole Harren wrote:
>
> > Is Mazda and mitsubishi interchangeable

> Almost certainly not.
>
> Some Fords were rebadged Mazdas, and some Chryslers and Dodges were
> rebadged Mitsubishis (or at least had some Mitsubishi parts and
> subassemblies). There were sometimes (often?) price differences between
> the same part, depending on which box it came in.
>
> Perce

Years ago an elderly Gentleman who lived down the street from me. He owned a 1972 Ford/Mazda pickup truck. He traded it to me for an old electric chainsaw. Both of the doors on that truck were torn off as though whomever owned it before him had backed between two trees. The engine ran real good though.
Old March 16th 16, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Jc Maxwell

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 4:34:09 PM UTC-6, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> On 03/14/2016 11:29 AM, Cole Harren wrote:
>
> > Is Mazda and mitsubishi interchangeable

> Almost certainly not.
>
> Some Fords were rebadged Mazdas, and some Chryslers and Dodges were
> rebadged Mitsubishis (or at least had some Mitsubishi parts and
> subassemblies). There were sometimes (often?) price differences between
> the same part, depending on which box it came in.
>
> Perce

Crazy thing I noticedwhen working on a Mazda 2 earlier this year: although the Mazda was assembled in Japan, it had Ford brake calipers. 2011 model year. It seems there's a lot of different manufacturers using each others' parts.

It's possible the Ford brake calipers were made in Japan under license, or else made in the US and shipped to Japan. So that part of the car perhaps made the trip across the Pacific twice.
Old March 16th 16, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Retired

On 3/16/16 1:27 PM, Jc Maxwell wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 4:34:09 PM UTC-6, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
>> On 03/14/2016 11:29 AM, Cole Harren wrote:
>>
>>> Is Mazda and mitsubishi interchangeable

>> Almost certainly not.
>>
>> Some Fords were rebadged Mazdas, and some Chryslers and Dodges were
>> rebadged Mitsubishis (or at least had some Mitsubishi parts and
>> subassemblies). There were sometimes (often?) price differences between
>> the same part, depending on which box it came in.
>>
>> Perce

> Crazy thing I noticedwhen working on a Mazda 2 earlier this year: although the Mazda was assembled in Japan, it had Ford brake calipers. 2011 model year. It seems there's a lot of different manufacturers using each others' parts.
>
> It's possible the Ford brake calipers were made in Japan under license, or else made in the US and shipped to Japan. So that part of the car perhaps made the trip across the Pacific twice.

Some models of Mazdas were made at a "Ford" plant in Michigan up until
2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_R..._Plant#History
Old March 16th 16, 07:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 12:59:09 PM UTC-5, Retired wrote:
> On 3/16/16 1:27 PM, Jc Maxwell wrote:

> >> Almost certainly not.
> >>
> >> Some Fords were rebadged Mazdas, and some Chryslers and Dodges were
> >> rebadged Mitsubishis (or at least had some Mitsubishi parts and
> >> subassemblies). There were sometimes (often?) price differences between
> >> the same part, depending on which box it came in.
> >>
> >> Perce

> > Crazy thing I noticedwhen working on a Mazda 2 earlier this year: although the Mazda was assembled in Japan, it had Ford brake calipers. 2011 model year. It seems there's a lot of different manufacturers using each others' parts.
> >
> > It's possible the Ford brake calipers were made in Japan under license, or else made in the US and shipped to Japan. So that part of the car perhaps made the trip across the Pacific twice.
> >

> Some models of Mazdas were made at a "Ford" plant in Michigan up until
> 2012.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_R..._Plant#History

The Ford/Mazda pickup truck I had, it had a site glass on one side of the carburetor. Easy to see if there was gas in the carburetor.
Old March 17th 16, 07:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Jc Maxwell wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 4:34:09 PM UTC-6, Percival P. Cassidy
> wrote:
>> On 03/14/2016 11:29 AM, Cole Harren wrote:
>>
>>> Is Mazda and mitsubishi interchangeable

>> Almost certainly not.
>>
>> Some Fords were rebadged Mazdas, and some Chryslers and Dodges were
>> rebadged Mitsubishis (or at least had some Mitsubishi parts and
>> subassemblies). There were sometimes (often?) price differences
>> between the same part, depending on which box it came in.
>>
>> Perce

> Crazy thing I noticedwhen working on a Mazda 2 earlier this year:
> although the Mazda was assembled in Japan, it had Ford brake
> calipers. 2011 model year. It seems there's a lot of different
> manufacturers using each others' parts.
>
> It's possible the Ford brake calipers were made in Japan under
> license, or else made in the US and shipped to Japan. So that part
> of the car perhaps made the trip across the Pacific twice.

Well the Ford Fiesta was based on the same platform. It's getting hard
to tell who makes what these days.
That car has been sold as a Mazda, Ford, Toyota, Scion and a few other
"makes".

--
Steve W.
Old March 17th 16, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Kevin Bottorff[_3_]

Retired > wrote in
:

> On 3/16/16 1:27 PM, Jc Maxwell wrote:
>> On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 4:34:09 PM UTC-6, Percival P. Cassidy
>> wrote:

>>> Almost certainly not.
>>>
>>> Some Fords were rebadged Mazdas, and some Chryslers and Dodges were
>>> rebadged Mitsubishis (or at least had some Mitsubishi parts and
>>> subassemblies). There were sometimes (often?) price differences
>>> between the same part, depending on which box it came in.
>>>
>>> Perce

>> Crazy thing I noticedwhen working on a Mazda 2 earlier this year:
>> although the Mazda was assembled in Japan, it had Ford brake
>> calipers. 2011 model year. It seems there's a lot of different
>> manufacturers using each others' parts.
>>
>> It's possible the Ford brake calipers were made in Japan under
>> license, or else made in the US and shipped to Japan. So that part
>> of the car perhaps made the trip across the Pacific twice.
>>

> Some models of Mazdas were made at a "Ford" plant in Michigan up until
> 2012.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_R..._Plant#History

at one time ford owned 25% of mazda. that has ended but they still have a
working relationship. KB

3.3 interchange info Fly-by-night Dodge 1 July 30th 11 06:49 AM
3.3 interchange Fly-by-night Chrysler 0 July 28th 11 04:57 PM
clutch interchange Dennis[_4_] VW air cooled 5 November 7th 06 02:13 PM
visor interchange between the A6 and A4 [email protected] Audi 0 November 12th 05 06:09 AM
interchange VINCE DUMARAN Dodge 0 October 5th 05 10:27 AM