Wrangler MTR Tires

Old August 31st 04, 01:27 PM
Mladen

Default Wrangler MTR Tires

I have Hyundai Galloper 2.5 td 88 Hp and tires 235 75 R15(19"). I need to
buy some tires for winter and my choice is wrangler mtr but only question
mark is size. I dont know when I put 31" tire will my galloper have enough
power in mud and snow

Old August 31st 04, 05:56 PM
Roger Brown

Mladen wrote:

> I have Hyundai Galloper 2.5 td 88 Hp and tires 235 75 R15(19"). I need to
> buy some tires for winter and my choice is wrangler mtr but only question
> mark is size. I dont know when I put 31" tire will my galloper have enough
> power in mud and snow

Your vehicle will have the same amount of power as before, unless you
are also planning to make engine changes at the same time. The tires
you have now are 29", if you go up to 31", you'll have about 7% less
torque at the wheel than before. Probably not enough to notice but
you'll have to make that decision for yourself. If its a big issue,
then the solution is to regear the axles to compensate for the taller
tire.

--
Roger
Old August 31st 04, 10:31 PM
Matt Mead

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:56:43 GMT, Roger Brown >
wrote:

> The tires
>you have now are 29", if you go up to 31", you'll have about 7% less
>torque at the wheel than before. Probably not enough to notice but
>you'll have to make that decision for yourself.

I'm guessing he will definately notice. I just went from a 265/75R-16
to 285/75R-16 on my V-10 powered truck and I noticed a decrease in
performance right away.

Matt
99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Old September 1st 04, 03:12 AM
Douglas A. Shrader

"Matt Mead" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:56:43 GMT, Roger Brown >
> wrote:
>
> > The tires
> >you have now are 29", if you go up to 31", you'll have about 7% less
> >torque at the wheel than before. Probably not enough to notice but
> >you'll have to make that decision for yourself.

> I'm guessing he will definately notice. I just went from a 265/75R-16
> to 285/75R-16 on my V-10 powered truck and I noticed a decrease in
> performance right away.
>
> Matt
> 99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4

What did you expect from a Dodge? [Just kidding, please don't hurt me ;-)]

Old September 1st 04, 04:38 AM
Matt Mead

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:12:24 -0500, "Douglas A. Shrader"
> wrote:

>"Matt Mead" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:56:43 GMT, Roger Brown >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > The tires
>> >you have now are 29", if you go up to 31", you'll have about 7% less
>> >torque at the wheel than before. Probably not enough to notice but
>> >you'll have to make that decision for yourself.

>> I'm guessing he will definately notice. I just went from a 265/75R-16
>> to 285/75R-16 on my V-10 powered truck and I noticed a decrease in
>> performance right away.
>>
>> Matt
>> 99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4

>What did you expect from a Dodge? [Just kidding, please don't hurt me ;-)]

Sorry, it's a Ford......

Old September 2nd 04, 03:32 AM
Renegade Knight

Going from 30" tires to 32" tires in my 92 Bronco made a noticable
difference. Both in power, and in MPG.

"Matt Mead" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:12:24 -0500, "Douglas A. Shrader"
> > wrote:

. ..

Old September 14th 04, 07:04 PM
Paule The Weasel

FORD= Bad performance.....the tire has nothing to do with it.......LOL

The Dirt Weasel
"JEEP..........It's whats fer' Dinner".....".Here Jeeper Jeeper "
if it takes more than 3 bolts .......... it's important