New rFactor Screenshots

Old January 12th 05, 05:56 AM
David G Fisher

"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote in message
> Charade.
>
> BK
>
> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> >
> > Why do we have to go through this cherade?

Thanks. I'll remember this for the rest of my life.

--
David G Fisher

Old January 12th 05, 06:54 AM
alex martini

just to be more pedantic, those don't even look like F1 cars but F Renault
cars - all the same, open wheels are open wheels.

Old January 12th 05, 07:17 AM
Damien Smith

> God, you pedants are so-o-o-o sad!

too true :-(

Old January 12th 05, 07:31 AM
David G Fisher

You think this
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/champi...4/pages/10.htm
looks like this http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RFAC/screenshot/14504 and this
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RFAC/screenshot/14505 ?

--
David G Fisher

.. .

Old January 12th 05, 08:14 AM
ymenard

>"David G Fisher" > wrote
> All the road racing I do online right now is on user created tracks with
> user created cars. Guess which sim is the base?

I'm checking out all my sims online at the moment, and the vast, vast
majority is run on real tracks and real cars. Even third-party stuff, of
course they will do real tracks and real cars. It's just that, we as users
imho never make tracks as good as the original ones. Especially if there is
talent (ISI) creating them behind. Sure there will be hardcore freaks who
will spend months recreating Le Mans or whatever, but overall I like when
buying my sims, not to have to wait 6 months until barely raceable tracks
find their way on the net.

>> Nah. Real cars don't have to be expensive. Just model stuff that is
>> easy
>> to license. Not Ferrari, but hey why not an old LOTUS, or a Formula
>> Ford,
>> etc.. Same for tracks, they are cheap.

> So they model an old Lotus, on some real but obscure tracks. What does
> that
> change? I will still immediately want the F1 and modern sports cars, along
> with all the well known tracks that are available for F1C. The old Lotus
> (that had to be paid for) sits in the garage, and the obscure tracks (that
> had to be paid for) are ignored, and they haven't made the sim any more
> legitimate. Great physics, graphics, sound and multiplay is what I want.

You've got a point, but hey people are still racing Cup cars massively in
NR2003 no? btw I'll take the Lotus please instead

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old January 12th 05, 08:57 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

David G Fisher wrote:
>snip<
>
> So they model an old Lotus, on some real but obscure tracks. What does that
> change? I will still immediately want the F1 and modern sports cars, along
> with all the well known tracks that are available for F1C. The old Lotus
> (that had to be paid for) sits in the garage, and the obscure tracks (that
> had to be paid for) are ignored, and they haven't made the sim any more
> legitimate. Great physics, graphics, sound and multiplay is what I want.

In that case, you'll end up buying a sim with all the "right" tracks and
"right" cars, it will be **** to drive, it will have support for the
mainstream controllers only and will simulate no aspect of roadracing.
Because every penny went into the legal department.

If *you* want to spend your ****loads of money on that, be my guess. I
won't.

---A---
Old January 12th 05, 09:00 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

This place feels so secure and safe with the all-seing and ever-aware
Bruce Kennewell in place. :-)

---Asgeir---

Old January 12th 05, 09:01 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

Somone needs glasses!!!

Huhuhuh!

---A---

Old January 12th 05, 10:16 AM
Damien Smith

> If *you* want to spend your ****loads of money on that, be my guess. I
> won't.

I bought GTR and got both.

Old January 12th 05, 12:43 PM
David G Fisher

"ymenard" > wrote in message
> >"David G Fisher" > wrote
> > All the road racing I do online right now is on user created tracks with
> > user created cars. Guess which sim is the base?

> I'm checking out all my sims online at the moment, and the vast, vast
> majority is run on real tracks and real cars. Even third-party stuff, of
> course they will do real tracks and real cars. It's just that, we as

users
> imho never make tracks as good as the original ones. Especially if there

is
> talent (ISI) creating them behind. Sure there will be hardcore freaks who
> will spend months recreating Le Mans or whatever, but overall I like when
> buying my sims, not to have to wait 6 months until barely raceable tracks
> find their way on the net.

I meant that I am racing N2003 mods online now. TPTCC, and soon it will be
GTP. User created cars on user created tracks. None of the Papy original
tracks. What's the difference between that and what I will be doing with
rFactor, except rFactor will have better physics, graphics, sound, and very
possibly multiplayer?

That said, I also only want to race on only very high quality mods and
tracks. I think there are plenty of good tracks made for F1C that will
quickly become available for rFactor, so I'm not concerned at all.
--
David G Fisher