RFACTOR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Old November 12th 04, 01:57 PM
David G Fisher

You wren't seeing things. :-)
The full game will have a full 24 hours of changing lighting conditions. The
demo does though have something like 8 or 12 hours. You can accelerate the
changes so it happens quickly during a race, and it does look very, very,
impressive. There is still a number of graphic/lighting features left out of
the demo so the full game will look even better.

--
David G Fisher

ddress_disguised...

Old November 12th 04, 02:04 PM
David G Fisher

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message
> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message

It took some more tweaking to figure out what to do to get decent
> framerates with this sucker, too - the auto settings had it running like a
> slideshow. Had to bail from the incar entirely and tweak the bumper cam

> get a centrally-located view since the cockpit view takes the framerate
> below a stable level.

Yes, I'm not thrilled with the frame rate either on my P4 3.0 9700Pro. It's
the same whether I use cockpit, hood, or bumper. Stays about 40-45 on high
settings with 2x AA. That's fine, but I'd like it a lot higher. I'm
sensitive to frame rates and get nauseous easily. :-p This isn't the final
product, so maybe they will find some fps in the final release.
--
David G Fisher

Old November 12th 04, 03:51 PM
Steve Blankenship

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> "Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message
> > "David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> It took some more tweaking to figure out what to do to get decent
> > framerates with this sucker, too - the auto settings had it running like

> > slideshow. Had to bail from the incar entirely and tweak the bumper cam

> > get a centrally-located view since the cockpit view takes the framerate
> > below a stable level.

> Yes, I'm not thrilled with the frame rate either on my P4 3.0 9700Pro.

It's
> the same whether I use cockpit, hood, or bumper. Stays about 40-45 on high
> settings with 2x AA. That's fine, but I'd like it a lot higher. I'm
> sensitive to frame rates and get nauseous easily. :-p This isn't the final
> product, so maybe they will find some fps in the final release.
> --
> David G Fisher

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's puke-prone! That's my first litmus
test for a sim, actually - when my eyes see stuff on the screen that my head
disagrees with, my stomach lets me know instantly! Same as riding in the
car with my sis driving... ;-)

Old November 12th 04, 05:38 PM
Aaron Markham

I do not use any aids what so ever except auto clutch. Never have, never
will!

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Aaron Markham

*RATE MY CAR AT CARDOMAIN.COM*
http://www.cardomain.com/id/amarkham

*RIP AYRTON SENNA & DALE EARNHARDT*

Old November 12th 04, 05:55 PM
Mitch_A

I ended up a couple laps short on gas last night also Steve, darn it :-)
Timed races are new to me.

Mitch

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in > Can't
answer for Aaron, but you can definitely do 1:03's with everything

Old November 12th 04, 06:01 PM
Mitch_A

I was really suprised while driving how the shadows crept into my braking
zone hiding my brake point as the day progressed. I wouldnt have thought
this would add much to a race sim but I was wrong, the immersion it brings
is amazing and were only getting 8-5 time frame.

Mitch

http://conspiracy.hopto.org:6969/ind...arch=nightmare