Logitech G25 Questions...

Old February 21st 07, 09:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pg

Default Logitech G25 Questions...

I've been simming for years and currently have 2 x BRD F1 Sim style
wheel and pedal set-ups, one on my desk, and one on my Race Frame pro
cockpit.

However, I'm thinking of finally getting a FF wheel, and the G25 looks good.

I'd appreciate if anyone can answer a few questions about it....

Can you adjust the pedal angle?
Can you adjust the pedal resistance?
How do you attach the wheel to a desk?
Is the build quality good?
Does it come with software to set up profiles for different games?

If you have any other comments on the G25 they would be welcomed...

Thanx

Old February 21st 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed Medlin

"pg" > wrote in message

> I've been simming for years and currently have 2 x BRD F1 Sim style wheel
> and pedal set-ups, one on my desk, and one on my Race Frame pro cockpit.
>
> However, I'm thinking of finally getting a FF wheel, and the G25 looks
> good.
>
> I'd appreciate if anyone can answer a few questions about it....
>
> Can you adjust the pedal angle?

No, but the angle seems much better than previous Logitech pedals.

> Can you adjust the pedal resistance?

No again.

> How do you attach the wheel to a desk?

The wheel has two clamps and the shifter two clamps and a center screw. The
clamps will fit just about any desk thickness from 4-5" down to 1".

> Is the build quality good?

Very good. Probably the best in the price range and very close the the
quality of much more expensive wheels.

> Does it come with software to set up profiles for different games?

Yes. It has basically the same profiler software that past Logitech wheels
had.

> If you have any other comments on the G25 they would be welcomed...

I like mine. The FF can be a little strong but can be adjusted down within
the Control Panel/Game Controller area or within the sim itself. Pedal
resistance is pretty good, much better than the Momo (which I went through 6
of over 2yrs because of pedal failure). The main downside of the system is
that I would like to have more than just the two buttons on the wheel. There
are plenty on the shifter. I like all the steel parts. Pedals, wheel and
internals are of very good quality. The wheel is also a bit larger than
previous Logitech wheels and I like the feel of that. Overall, I like the
unit a lot. To get better quality you would have to go to a wheel costing
probably twice the G25 price.

Ed

Old February 22nd 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Ed answered your other questions, but bear this in mind...

Currently, the G25 is a big $300 paperweight under Vista, so if you are
moving to Vista you will have to do without it for a while. How long no one
knows.

-Larry

Old February 23rd 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
ED

"Larry" > wrote in message
> Ed answered your other questions, but bear this in mind...
>
> Currently, the G25 is a big $300 paperweight under Vista, so if you are
> moving to Vista you will have to do without it for a while. How long no
> one knows.
>
> -Larry

I didn't know that Larry. I tested Vista and the black Momo worked fine,
albeit most sims that would run at all ran slower than in XP. Is it a driver
issue or something more?

Ed

Old February 24th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Epstein

"ED" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Larry" > wrote in message
>> Ed answered your other questions, but bear this in mind...
>>
>> Currently, the G25 is a big $300 paperweight under Vista, so if you are
>> moving to Vista you will have to do without it for a while. How long no
>> one knows.
>>

> I didn't know that Larry. I tested Vista and the black Momo worked fine,
> albeit most sims that would run at all ran slower than in XP. Is it a
> driver issue or something more?

Yep. There is no Vista specific driver. The basic functions of the wheel wil
work under Vista, but only with 270 degrees of lock. I've been without my
sim racing for a month now, waiting for logitech to come up with the
drivers...

Old February 24th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Damnit, you guys didnt say anyting about this earlier!?!?!?...
lol.

I know/knew Vista wasnt going to be good for my MS sidewinder, so I ordered
the g25... can you say shee--iiitt!

Old February 24th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

It's the whole package. Both the profiler and drivers are dead.

-Larry

. ..

Old February 27th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pjgtech

Thanx for the info.

But I'm still using XP here and have no current plans to change

And, I've still got my BRD wheel and pedal set-ups to fall back on if I
have to...

BTW, I've received and installed my G25 now and it is working great.

8-)

Old February 28th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

DIdnt see your reply, because I have been busy at all after work hours,
lately... and at work LOL.

Uwe, My problem is I am IT during the day, and Super Tech at night... I
have quite a few people (I live in a small town of roughtly 1200-1600
people, one Highschool etc.) Everyone knows to ask me when they have a PC
problem, and I mean enough to make a few "tips" here and there. SO I have
saved my tips, to get Vista, and I dont want to give up my gaming. Since
after all Gaming made me become a computer support guy in the 1st place...
LOL.

So in short form, I need to get Vista before everyone else does, because
even at work I need to order about 4 PC's and it is hard to get XP on
anything nowdays. so I call it a career investment.

Right now Vista, I call it Job security, what a cluster f**k I see it what
little I have tried to do with it... BTW, say you buy a new PC and wanna
move stuff from old Xp box (instead of in place upgrade like I am doing with
My box...) Window Easy Transfer bull**** doesnt seem to transfer your
Outlook Express messages nor address book, not by default NOR even by trying
to figure it out in "custom"... now of course this person was the 1st
machine I have had to do this for, and I am already frustrated spent 4 hours
last night working on this problem.

BTW, Who do you know doesnt want to keep emails, you know, that they have
kept them THIS LONG? Cryin out loud MS!! I see a lot more tips in my
future, especially since about August last year I was suggesting to many,
(partially because I had been too busy) "wait until we see what vista is,"
you know....

yeah I have posted in some forums, see if those smarter than me have figured
this out...

PS file simple type "shareing" on Vista is not simple anymore AFAI Can Tell,
and I mean on a simple network behind or even ot connected to the
internet... damn...

Uwe Schürkamp enlightened us with:

Old February 28th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

This is why I never use OE for email. Only newsgroups. The way it stores
data is insane.

I only use Outlook. One PST file is all it takes.

OE in Vista (Renamed the "Mail" application) is supposed to store data
differently but I've not got much desire to look into it further.

And the Plonk menu choice is gone. Damn! It now uses the junk mail filter
for this.

-Larry

"Plowboy" > wrote in message
> DIdnt see your reply, because I have been busy at all after work hours,
> lately... and at work LOL.
>
> Uwe, My problem is I am IT during the day, and Super Tech at night... I
> have quite a few people (I live in a small town of roughtly 1200-1600
> people, one Highschool etc.) Everyone knows to ask me when they have a PC
> problem, and I mean enough to make a few "tips" here and there. SO I have
> saved my tips, to get Vista, and I dont want to give up my gaming. Since
> after all Gaming made me become a computer support guy in the 1st place...
> LOL.
>
> So in short form, I need to get Vista before everyone else does, because
> even at work I need to order about 4 PC's and it is hard to get XP on
> anything nowdays. so I call it a career investment.
>
> Right now Vista, I call it Job security, what a cluster f**k I see it what
> little I have tried to do with it... BTW, say you buy a new PC and wanna
> move stuff from old Xp box (instead of in place upgrade like I am doing
> with My box...) Window Easy Transfer bull**** doesnt seem to transfer
> your Outlook Express messages nor address book, not by default NOR even by
> trying to figure it out in "custom"... now of course this person was the
> 1st machine I have had to do this for, and I am already frustrated spent 4
> hours last night working on this problem.
>
> BTW, Who do you know doesnt want to keep emails, you know, that they have
> kept them THIS LONG? Cryin out loud MS!! I see a lot more tips in my
> future, especially since about August last year I was suggesting to many,
> (partially because I had been too busy) "wait until we see what vista is,"
> you know....
>
> yeah I have posted in some forums, see if those smarter than me have
> figured this out...
>
> PS file simple type "shareing" on Vista is not simple anymore AFAI Can
> Tell, and I mean on a simple network behind or even ot connected to the
> internet... damn...
>

> Uwe Schürkamp enlightened us with:
>> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:38:43 GMT, Plowboy wrote:
>>> Damnit, you guys didnt say anyting about this earlier!?!?!?...
>>> lol.
>>>
>>> I know/knew Vista wasnt going to be good for my MS sidewinder, so I
>>> ordered the g25... can you say shee--iiitt!
>>>

>> Just stay with XP then, Why change when everything works fine?
>>
>> Cheers, uwe
>>

>> --
>> GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

Logitech G25 & Windows W2K mcewena Simulators 0 December 19th 06 05:18 PM
Logitech G25 Pedals Tony Rickard Simulators 21 September 20th 06 11:48 AM
Logitech G25 DStamper Simulators 3 August 15th 06 11:17 PM
Looking for a Logitech Red MoMo J.R. Simulators 1 August 9th 05 02:25 PM
ISO: Logitech Red Momo J.R. Simulators 3 July 8th 05 06:46 AM