help!

Old December 22nd 04, 10:52 PM
Ciarra

Default help!

I own a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage and i can say the most everything has been
replaced. over the past 6 months i've experienced a problem where the car
would start roughlt idle and die. I took it to a mecanic how reset the
timing and cleaned the throttle body.two weeks later same story.I took it
to another who said it may be my fuel pump and checked and it was putting
out 36psi which i good for my car. so we checked the altinator** and it
was running fine. finally i took it to a dealership that sold my car the
tech reset the timing(and said it should have never been changed) cleaned
my throttle body again and said it was fine. shortly after i moved, two
weeks into my new job the continued with the dieing. I took it to another
mechanic who kept it for 3 days doing a series of tests and came up with
my problem a few days later a new ecu and i dle air control ($1,332.00).
everything after that ran smoothly one month later (3 days ago) it
starting to idle very rough like before but did not die. I took the car on
the interstate right at 60 mph it gave a jerk and ran fin the rest of the
way. i came to the exit for my work got off the interstate and it run
beautifully(i couldn't hear it run). I blew this off as a fluke due the
recent cold weather the florida has been having. today it did the same
thing and i was wondering what could it be that is causing so much greif?
i also notice that a small amount of white smoke comes out apon starting.
any imput is helpful. thanks

Old December 23rd 04, 07:33 AM
Nate Nagel

Ciarra wrote:

> I own a 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage and i can say the most everything has been
> replaced. over the past 6 months i've experienced a problem where the car
> would start roughlt idle and die. I took it to a mecanic how reset the
> timing and cleaned the throttle body.two weeks later same story.I took it
> to another who said it may be my fuel pump and checked and it was putting
> out 36psi which i good for my car. so we checked the altinator** and it
> was running fine. finally i took it to a dealership that sold my car the
> tech reset the timing(and said it should have never been changed) cleaned
> my throttle body again and said it was fine. shortly after i moved, two
> weeks into my new job the continued with the dieing. I took it to another
> mechanic who kept it for 3 days doing a series of tests and came up with
> my problem a few days later a new ecu and i dle air control ($1,332.00).
> everything after that ran smoothly one month later (3 days ago) it
> starting to idle very rough like before but did not die. I took the car on
> the interstate right at 60 mph it gave a jerk and ran fin the rest of the
> way. i came to the exit for my work got off the interstate and it run
> beautifully(i couldn't hear it run). I blew this off as a fluke due the
> recent cold weather the florida has been having. today it did the same
> thing and i was wondering what could it be that is causing so much greif?
> i also notice that a small amount of white smoke comes out apon starting.
> any imput is helpful. thanks

I hate to say it, but your whole problem was buying a Mitsubishi. The
only one that I've ever seen that wasn't a completely unreliable POS was
the Eclipse/Laser/Talon.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 23rd 04, 01:46 PM
Ciarra

so i am slowly and very costly begining to see.

Old December 23rd 04, 05:09 PM

Mitsubishi is famous for making crappy cars. Some people are
brainwashed into thinking that all Japanese cars are good, even though
it's really only Honda and Toyota that make good Japanese cars.

Old December 23rd 04, 10:15 PM
Ciarra

but still how does that help my problem?

Old December 23rd 04, 11:32 PM
William R. Watt

I bought a new '82 Dodge Colt with a Mitusbishi engine. At 100k km (60k)
miles it needed rings. I've avoided Mistubishi engines since.

I bought a new '89 Ford Festiva which has a Mazda engine but Mitsubishi
electronics. The only problem I've had with it is the weak ignition,
having replaced the ICM twice before 100k km.

Engine electronics are a bitch.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Old December 24th 04, 01:47 AM
Nate Nagel

Ciarra wrote:

> but still how does that help my problem?

I don't think that it does, but honestly, my best advice to you is to
keep driving the car until the wheels fall off and in the meantime
instead of dumping more money into your Mitsu save it so that when it
dies you can buy a better car.

nate