Fiat to take over Chrysler??

Old January 30th 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

Default Fiat to take over Chrysler??

In article >,
Steve > wrote:

> Too bad they didn't replicate that feel with the Compass, Caliber, and
> Patriot. :-(

Too bad they gave the styling of those vehicles to their truck stylists.
Old January 30th 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article >,
Steve > wrote:

> Its a funny thing how razor-thin the "love/hate" line is, too. Some
> colors on a PT ruin the whole car for me. The convertible just looks all
> wrong. And the Chevy HHR (same concept, designed BY THE SAME DESIGNER
> after he was hired away by GM) looks and feels horrible to me. I will
> give him credit, he drew on Chrysler history to style the PT, and on GMC
> truck history to style the HHR. But the HHR just doesn't work for to my
> eyeballs, but the PT does. And I'm sure there are others who feel the
> opposite.

To me they both look horrible.
Old January 30th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

N8N wrote:
> On Jan 22, 5:37 pm, Bill Putney > wrote:
>> Steve wrote:
>>> Its a funny thing how razor-thin the "love/hate" line is, too. Some
>>> colors on a PT ruin the whole car for me. The convertible just looks all
>>> wrong. And the Chevy HHR (same concept, designed BY THE SAME DESIGNER
>>> after he was hired away by GM) looks and feels horrible to me. I will
>>> give him credit, he drew on Chrysler history to style the PT, and on GMC
>>> truck history to style the HHR. But the HHR just doesn't work for to my
>>> eyeballs, but the PT does. And I'm sure there are others who feel the
>>> opposite.

>> For good or bad, my whenever I see the HHR from the front, my fist
>> thought is "Studebaker pickup truck".

> Bite your tongue. Stude trucks are WAY more attractive than an HHR.

Hah! Sorry to spin you up, Nate. But you're right.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old February 2nd 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

who wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve > wrote:
>
>> Lloyd wrote:
>>>
>>> Wait, why not buy a Honda or Toyota and get reliability and resale
>>> value too?

>> Because some of us won't ever buy those brands, and their "reliability"
>> is no better than anyone else's when you cut away the mythology and
>> stick to facts.

> Honda and Toyota make very reliable small cars.
> The NA manufacturers always make cheap less reliable small cars.

A) not true
B) Honda and Toyota don't make anything that even remotely appeals to me.
Old February 2nd 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

who wrote:

> A friend has one and experienced the common problem of the fog (?)
> light switch burning out and the dealer saying there was no fix.
> I suggested he just install a proper switch; he said no it wouldn't
> match. >

Use the factory switch to trigger a relay, which then turns on the
lights. QED.
Old February 2nd 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Some O wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve > wrote:
>
>> Too bad they didn't replicate that feel with the Compass, Caliber, and
>> Patriot. :-(

> Too bad they gave the styling of those vehicles to their truck stylists.

Are you kidding? Their truck stylists are the only ones turning out
anything appealing (with the exception of the Challenger, which was
really styled in 1969 anyway).

Old February 2nd 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

who wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve > wrote:
>
>> Its a funny thing how razor-thin the "love/hate" line is, too. Some
>> colors on a PT ruin the whole car for me. The convertible just looks all
>> wrong. And the Chevy HHR (same concept, designed BY THE SAME DESIGNER
>> after he was hired away by GM) looks and feels horrible to me.

> To me they both look horrible.

To me a Camry looks horrible (even compared to an HHR).
Old February 2nd 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Lloyd[_2_]

On Feb 2, 2:30*pm, Steve > wrote:
> who wrote:
> > In article >,
> > *Steve > wrote:

> >> Its a funny thing how razor-thin the "love/hate" line is, too. Some
> >> colors on a PT ruin the whole car for me. The convertible just looks all
> >> wrong. And the Chevy HHR (same concept, designed BY THE SAME DESIGNER
> >> after he was hired away by GM) looks and feels horrible to me.

> > To me they both look horrible.

> To me a Camry looks horrible (even compared to an HHR).

Not as bad as a Sebring. Enough to make one throw up.

BTW, seen the new Mazda6? That's one sharp-looking car.
Old February 3rd 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Lloyd wrote:

>> To me a Camry looks horrible (even compared to an HHR).

> Not as bad as a Sebring. Enough to make one throw up.

I wouldn't go THAT far, but they definitely took a pretty car and
uglified it. Current trends industry-wide aren't exactly a high-water
mark in automotive styling, if you ask me.

> BTW, seen the new Mazda6? That's one sharp-looking car.

It really doesn't stir me either way. That's the problem... NOTHING
right now is very stirring, except the Challenger. And as I said, all
the attractive styling cues for it date to 1969 anyway.

I guess I should just be glad that the Aztek is no more, but we have the
Scion XB, Ford Flex, and Honda Excrement to more than make up for it :-/