31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

Old August 23rd 15, 06:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty

Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

On 8/21/2015 8:57 AM, tbone wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 23:40:47 -0400, Smarty > wrote:
>
>> On 7/28/2015 7:51 PM, unclevito wrote:
>>>
>>> Ever read the Millionaire Next Door? Buying any car new, especially the
>>> high depreciation, high maintenance kind, is a guarantee you will never
>>> become wealthy. Besides, if you are going to be foolish with your money at
>>> least buy a fancy house, not a fancy car.

>> I have been retired many years since age 54 and am doing just fine
>> financially, you self-appointed judgmental jerk.
>>
>>> BTW, why do you need people staring at your car? You have an inferiority
>>> complex? I used to take my 64 Vette Convertible to car shows and yes, lots
>>> of admiring stares, until I decided I had other, more important, things to
>>> do on Sunday.

>> Good for you Vito. Same comment as above. Maybe you should keep your
>> advice about how other people should spend their money and how they
>> should live to yourself, you asshole.
>>>

> I just happened to look here this morning after quite some time and
> noticed responses to some idiot whose posts I wasn't seeing. After a
> moment, I realized that user has a Delete filter dedicated to him.
> LOL.

I can see why he belongs in the killfile. He starts this specific thread
by describing how he replaced his C7 engine at 6000 miles, saying he
bought it in the first year, and then goes on to proclaim that I should
read a book on money management and never buy a car new, etc. He also
has to offer his judgement as to how I should enjoy or not enjoy being
noticed in this car. What a total asshole.

He went into my killfile as well. The first and the only Corvette person
I have met in nearly 50 years that I strongly dislike......