NC Floor Mats?

Old August 6th 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Default NC Floor Mats?

Seems simple enough. My 2006 came with two sets of mats -- the carpeted
sort and the rubber sort. Both of them proved to be total rubbish with the
rubber wearing through in the matter of a six months and the carpeted in
eighteen. Typical wear pattern is a hole where my right heel sits.

So now I need to buy some decent mats that will last for a few years (I
kept my '91 for 15 years and the aftermarket mats I bought from Moss were
in better shape after 15 than both sets of the NC mats put together after
2). The most promising ones I've seen are some coir mats from Amazon but at
$110 I'd expect them to be almost miraculous. Does anyone else have a
favorite or are these mats and this price what I should expect?

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Red-Fron...=3JVRVUSSX6KMM

While I'm asking questions about floor mats, Moss sells a "Billet Heel
Guard by Cobalt" so my wear problem seems to be far from rare. Has anybody
tried this or something similar?

http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewP...eIndexID=78061
Old August 13th 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 8/5/2010 8:24 PM, John McGaw wrote:
> Seems simple enough. My 2006 came with two sets of mats -- the carpeted
> sort and the rubber sort. Both of them proved to be total rubbish with
> the rubber wearing through in the matter of a six months and the
> carpeted in eighteen. Typical wear pattern is a hole where my right heel
> sits.
>
> So now I need to buy some decent mats that will last for a few years (I
> kept my '91 for 15 years and the aftermarket mats I bought from Moss
> were in better shape after 15 than both sets of the NC mats put together
> after 2). The most promising ones I've seen are some coir mats from
> Amazon but at $110 I'd expect them to be almost miraculous. Does anyone
> else have a favorite or are these mats and this price what I should expect?
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Black-Red-Fron...=3JVRVUSSX6KMM
>

> While I'm asking questions about floor mats, Moss sells a "Billet Heel
> Guard by Cobalt" so my wear problem seems to be far from rare. Has
> anybody tried this or something similar?
>
> http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewP...eIndexID=78061

I am no help on this, as I have never owned the NC model, but I am
wondering what you ended up getting.

Pat
Old August 13th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

On 8/13/2010 9:24 AM, pws wrote:
> On 8/5/2010 8:24 PM, John McGaw wrote:
>> Seems simple enough. My 2006 came with two sets of mats -- the carpeted
>> sort and the rubber sort. Both of them proved to be total rubbish with
>> the rubber wearing through in the matter of a six months and the
>> carpeted in eighteen. Typical wear pattern is a hole where my right heel
>> sits.
>>
>> So now I need to buy some decent mats that will last for a few years (I
>> kept my '91 for 15 years and the aftermarket mats I bought from Moss
>> were in better shape after 15 than both sets of the NC mats put together
>> after 2). The most promising ones I've seen are some coir mats from
>> Amazon but at $110 I'd expect them to be almost miraculous. Does anyone
>> else have a favorite or are these mats and this price what I should expect?
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Black-Red-Fron...=3JVRVUSSX6KMM
>>

>> While I'm asking questions about floor mats, Moss sells a "Billet Heel
>> Guard by Cobalt" so my wear problem seems to be far from rare. Has
>> anybody tried this or something similar?
>>
>> http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewP...eIndexID=78061

> I am no help on this, as I have never owned the NC model, but I am
> wondering what you ended up getting.
>
> Pat

I ordered the expensive (naturally!) coir mats. They are custom-made so
they take a while to ship so I haven't actually seen them yet. If there is
anything relevant positive or negative when they show up I'll be sure to
report it here. For now I'm just hoping.
Old August 13th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 8/13/2010 11:01 AM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 8/13/2010 9:24 AM, pws wrote:
>> On 8/5/2010 8:24 PM, John McGaw wrote:
>>> Seems simple enough. My 2006 came with two sets of mats -- the carpeted
>>> sort and the rubber sort. Both of them proved to be total rubbish with
>>> the rubber wearing through in the matter of a six months and the
>>> carpeted in eighteen. Typical wear pattern is a hole where my right heel
>>> sits.
>>>
>>> So now I need to buy some decent mats that will last for a few years (I
>>> kept my '91 for 15 years and the aftermarket mats I bought from Moss
>>> were in better shape after 15 than both sets of the NC mats put together
>>> after 2). The most promising ones I've seen are some coir mats from
>>> Amazon but at $110 I'd expect them to be almost miraculous. Does anyone
>>> else have a favorite or are these mats and this price what I should
>>> expect?
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Black-Red-Fron...=3JVRVUSSX6KMM
>>>

>>> While I'm asking questions about floor mats, Moss sells a "Billet Heel
>>> Guard by Cobalt" so my wear problem seems to be far from rare. Has
>>> anybody tried this or something similar?
>>>
>>> http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewP...eIndexID=78061

>> I am no help on this, as I have never owned the NC model, but I am
>> wondering what you ended up getting.
>>
>> Pat

> I ordered the expensive (naturally!) coir mats. They are custom-made so
> they take a while to ship so I haven't actually seen them yet. If there
> is anything relevant positive or negative when they show up I'll be sure
> to report it here. For now I'm just hoping.

I have only seen the coir mats in the catalog as well, but they look
very nice, and I have thought about buying them before. They are
expensive, but they are also less than one of my tires. It's all
relative, I guess. :-)

If I end up getting the NC, I will probably get the coir mats as well,
assuming that you like them.

Pat

Old August 14th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

On 8/13/2010 5:36 PM, pws wrote:
> On 8/13/2010 11:01 AM, John McGaw wrote:

>>> I am no help on this, as I have never owned the NC model, but I am
>>> wondering what you ended up getting.
>>>
>>> Pat

>> I ordered the expensive (naturally!) coir mats. They are custom-made so
>> they take a while to ship so I haven't actually seen them yet. If there
>> is anything relevant positive or negative when they show up I'll be sure
>> to report it here. For now I'm just hoping.

> I have only seen the coir mats in the catalog as well, but they look
> very nice, and I have thought about buying them before. They are
> expensive, but they are also less than one of my tires. It's all
> relative, I guess. :-)
>
> If I end up getting the NC, I will probably get the coir mats as well,
> assuming that you like them.
>
> Pat

If the mat is OK other than the single wear hole--
In the distant past, I've had to take mats to a shoe repair shop, and
have them sew a leather piece over the whole.
Old August 15th 10, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Chuck > wrote:

> I've had to take mats to a shoe repair shop, and
> have them sew a leather piece over the whole.

Must need a pretty large piece, to cover the entire mat.

(sorry, couldn't resist such an easy target)

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old August 15th 10, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

On 8/14/2010 8:11 PM, Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> I've had to take mats to a shoe repair shop, and
>> have them sew a leather piece over the whole.

> Must need a pretty large piece, to cover the entire mat.
>
> (sorry, couldn't resist such an easy target)

Fast fat fingers, along with a cat. Hole obviously.
Although, my uncle was in the wholesale leather business until he
started having medical problems, and sold the business years ago. These
days, a mat from Wal Mart is likely cheaper than getting the shoe repair
shop to sew a patch on.

I've even cut carpet, then had it edged for car mats. Again, the carpet
shops seem to have lost the ability to attach edging to carpet.

Floor mats? Clark Friedrichs Mazda 1 May 31st 06 01:56 AM
Floor Mats ilbimmerfan BMW 2 June 3rd 05 09:31 PM
99 Floor mats? disneyfan.nyc Ford Mustang 5 April 11th 05 07:46 PM
A4 FLOOR MATS Nigel Albright Audi 3 January 24th 05 11:55 AM
can someone ID these floor mats please? Nate Nagel Corvette 8 September 20th 04 07:26 PM