Need help identifying this car

Old September 12th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default Need help identifying this car

A friend provided a photo of a car that was owned by a relative and
would like to have it identified. The photo was taken in the twenties
and may be from Europe (France possibly). Here is a link to the
photo.
http://www.dyksterhouse.org/~martin/gallery/mystery
Let me know what you think it is.
Old September 13th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
SeaWoe

On Sep 11, 4:04*pm, wrote:
> A friend provided a photo of a car that was owned by a relative and
> would like to have it identified. *The photo was taken in the twenties
> and may be from Europe (France possibly). *Here is a link to the
> photo.http://www.dyksterhouse.org/~martin/gallery/mystery
> Let me know what you think it is.

Ffom the engine cover, it is probably a Renault.

Make a large copy of the photo and compare what details you can with
photos of Renaults of that era.
Plenty of photos if you're willing to search.
If you want to see some other cars, go to your local auto museum.
(Where are you located?)
Be sure to leave a donation - we appreciate it. It helps pay the rent.
Old September 19th 09, 12:52 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Thanks for the feedback. Based on some additional searching, it looks
like It could be a 1922 KJ or Model 40, 1923 MT, 1924 KZ, or 1925 NN.
Is the presence of a front bumper significant? From the photos I
found online, 1924 and earlier did not seem to have front bumpers,
although it could be that they were just an option.

We do have a museum near by, The Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners
Michigan, and the have a lot of classic cars, so this might be a
reason to go visit again.

Old September 20th 09, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
SeaWoe

On Sep 19, 4:52*am, wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. *Based on some additional searching, it looks
> like It could be a 1922 KJ or Model 40, 1923 MT, 1924 KZ, or 1925 NN.
> Is the presence of a front bumper significant? *From the photos I
> found online, 1924 and earlier did not seem to have front bumpers,
> although it could be that they were just an option.
>
> We do have a museum near by, The Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners
> Michigan, and the have a lot of classic cars, so this might be a
> reason to go visit again.

Well-respected museum.
Bumpers were often after=market or an option from factory or dealer/
seller.

KH - San Diego AM
Old September 20th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Banned

I always have liked the looks of those old cars and trucks with the
radiator behind the engine.

I own a 1914 Ford T Model Runabout Roadster Car.I also own three Ford
Model T chassis.

I have owned a few other old vehicles in the past years.A 1931 Ford 4
door car, a 1939 Ford fast back car, and a 1948 Chevrolet pickup truck.
cuhulin

Old September 22nd 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
SeaWoe

On Sep 20, 8:10*am, wrote:
> I always have liked the looks of those old cars and trucks with the
> radiator behind the engine.
>
> I own a 1914 Ford T Model Runabout Roadster Car.I also own three Ford
> Model T chassis.
>
> I have owned a few other old vehicles in the past years.A 1931 Ford 4
> door car, a 1939 Ford fast back car, and a 1948 Chevrolet pickup truck.
> cuhulin

I started a Studebaker club..in England!
It just turned ten years old.
Great folks.
Old September 25th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Banned

There is a guy whom sometimes post in the rec.autos.tech newsgroup, he
owns a 1950s Studebaker.
When I was a kid, sometimes some of us kids used to sing, Studebaker,
Studebaker, ten feet tall, Studebaker, Studebaker, spit on the wall!

I own a 1950s Studebaket grill nose/ring/bullet thingy.I bought it years
ago at a Goodwill store, it is in like new condition.
cuhulin

Old September 26th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
SeaWoe

On Sep 25, 7:45*am, wrote:
> There is a guy whom sometimes post in the rec.autos.tech newsgroup, he
> owns a 1950s Studebaker.
> When I was a kid, sometimes some of us kids used to sing, Studebaker,
> Studebaker, ten feet tall, Studebaker, Studebaker, spit on the wall!
>
> I own a 1950s Studebaket grill nose/ring/bullet thingy.I bought it years
> ago at a Goodwill store, it is in like new condition.
> cuhulin

The 1950 & 1951s were the "Bullet-Nose" style cars, sometimes
called :'two-row cornpickers'
My 1951 had a huge amount of room in the back. Cost $50 each, running
Old October 5th 10, 03:42 AM
jammydoug jammydoug is offline
Junior Member

Hi
Need help identifying car part again?Well, the last part was wrong and it seems i cant find a picture of this part but i will descirbe it as best as i can, its part of the hood latch and it connects to metal bars, and they also connect to the headlights i think where u put the bolts in and then screw them on because its what holds them in place.....so yea kind of the best way i can explain it... but these bars go down like by the radiator and come back up to the head lights i think, had to look on an old car so it may be different from new ones .please help.