Audi 4000s fuel problem - wont start

Old February 11th 07, 06:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
mark / susan lemon

Default Audi 4000s fuel problem - wont start

The temp sensor (in a coolant manifold) is an input to a box located behind
the glove compartment. An output of that box provides current to the gray
box on the side of the mixture control unit (differential pressure
regulator). More current = richer mixture. Open circuit = very lean
mixture. The proper / quick check is to measure the current through the
differential pressure regulator but that is difficult to do without the test
jig and a solid electrical theory in mind.. I believe the normal current is
in the 100ma range. It's in the books but they make it harder to find as
time passes.

Doubt that the control box would actually fail unless there has been a major
electrical event. Once I found / replaced an open transistor in the box and
we drove it for years, but I'd purchased that car due to it's having an
electrical fire due to the radiator cooling fan.. Oh those days of $1200
Audi 4000s.

I'd be crawling around under the glove box, looking for where the mice have
been unless you have a Fluke 77 and feel like cutting wires.

mark lemon
Woodward Iowa

oups.com...

Old March 5th 07, 08:28 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Audrey[_2_]

Try replacing the temperature control switch which could be sending a
false reading to your ECU hence no fuel in cylinders.

--
Posted at author's request, using
http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface

Old January 8th 17, 05:18 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
buttholelicker69

replying to iamsiam, buttholelicker69 wrote:
two wires coming from ecu. check if they are grounded to intake manifold. they
look like two other wires that go to CIS-E.

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/audi/audi...tart-6905-.htm